PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy ALEX?

theoceanblue
04-17-2012, 09:10 PM
I simply want to know, where do you buy ALEX latex? A website link would be wonderful!!!

Kanti
04-17-2012, 09:35 PM
You can get it online from home depot, lowes, or even ebay or amazon. Just google "alex caulk" to find
some. You can also buy it in the actual stores. Home depot, lowes, ace hardware, any home improvement
place will probably do. Walmart sells it the cheapest and they don't have any shipping so I'd recommend
it from there. I'd also only get a few at a time. Alex takes a while to fully cure so you can always drop by
the store as you run out rather than buying a whole bunch of them and possibly not even getting to use
them all.

OrcaMatt
04-17-2012, 11:06 PM
It's cheaper by the case ('contractor pack'). It's probably safe to get a case (12 tubes) to start. Two may even be safe, but I'd have to check on that.

theoceanblue
04-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Does it dry clear?

theoceanblue
04-18-2012, 11:16 AM
A few more questions, :D Does it dry clear? Also, how to you spread it? What can you use for a scale pattern?

Sephina
04-18-2012, 11:28 AM
http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?553-Archive-quot-Using-ALEX-for-Tails-quot&highlight=ALEX+caulk Here is a link to the mernetwork forum discussing ALEX. Just be warned that it isn't recommended since it isn't a skin/environment safe caulk. It also breaks down fairly easily.