PDA

View Full Version : Happy Earth Day 2012 everybody

malinghi
04-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Happy Earth Day! Anyone doing any cool stuff today?

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen it, there's a really cool event going on all weekend called the International Space Apps Challenge where people all over the world and in space are collaborating on a list of programming challenges related to science and space exploration.

http://youtu.be/RBUd0aKPsWc

Spindrift
04-22-2012, 06:38 PM
I watched Vanishing of the Bees earlier and finished the last pool session of my SCUBA certification. I just need my two open water dives now! Also I'm going to do the no electricity for an hour (they are still doing that, right?).

malinghi
04-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Spindrift, congrats on being so close to your SCUBA certification! That's awesome! Are you in New England or Hawaii right now?

Spindrift
04-22-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm in New England right now :) I'm hoping to get the two open water dives done in Hawaii though. It sort of sucks that I never know my plans until the last minute. What have you been up to this fine Earth Day, malinghi? :D

Gem Stone
04-22-2012, 09:26 PM
im turning sixteen! earth days my b-day!

malinghi
04-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Happy birthday Gem Stone!

Winged Mermaid
04-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Happy Birthday Gem!!! Hope it was a great one!

Here in San Diego Earth Day is kind of a big deal, which I think is pretty cool! There are festivals and fairs and concerts and other gatherings. I think this year there were two major ones. I didn't go though, I stayed home and spent the night in the pool :)