PDA

View Full Version : How to Train your Dragon Live Show

Kanti
04-23-2012, 04:47 PM
Wow! My friend sent this to me, it looks really freaking awesome!
It's basically a live show of How to Train Your Dragon by the people who made
Walking with Dinosaurs. So far, everything looks o_O scary-fied. But awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=coMH7kaV3HY

http://www.slashfilm.com/train-dragon-liveaction-show-trailer-footage/

Spindrift
04-23-2012, 05:04 PM
I've had the tab open on my browser for months! I had the chance to see the Walking with Dinosaurs Arena Spectacular show in Brisbane, but in the end my friend wasn't feeling well and we had to skip out. :( I mean, most of it is online so I did get to see the show, but it's nothing compared to being up close with the robots and animatronics. I was pretty hooked though, keeping up with all the updates on the robot construction and trying to get an internship with the creature company. Did you know that one of the robots for Walking with Dinosaurs Arena Spectacular was stolen while it was touring Mexico?

I can't wait for the world tour for How to Train Your Dragon though. I will definitely not miss out this time around.

Mermaid Rillia
04-23-2012, 05:09 PM
This looks amazing! Soo looking forward to hearing more about this and hopefully seeing it.

Kanti
04-23-2012, 06:05 PM
@ Spindrify: What??? How the hell does someone steal a giant dinosaur? Also why! o_O
People these days are so freaking crazy -__-
Either way that's sad that you couldn't go! I haven't even heard of it coming around where I
live. Maybe when it does I'll go see it! Both shows look completely awesome!

@ Brooke: Yea it looks really awesome! I think they're already touring? It really amazes me
to think that they ship all that stuff around the world. They have HUGE dragons, those screens,
and that ceiling track. It's all insane @_@

Bellasea
04-23-2012, 06:21 PM
I would love to see it! It looks amazing. :)

Spindrift
04-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Here's the newspaper article about the theft: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8400962.stm
I mean, I for one would love to have my own realistic robot dinosaur. I think it would be even cooler if I could have it carry me everywhere.

meremily
04-23-2012, 08:24 PM
there only doing autralia and new zealand? thats it? i saw the dinosaurs show and im in canada... does somebody have more infos?

Kanti
04-23-2012, 09:22 PM
Unbelievable!!
I wonder what they'd do with a giant robot anyway? Probably hack it apart and sell all the parts.

And I think so. The production studio itself is from Austrailia I think, so they're probably going to
tour around close to home for a bit before they wander too far away.
I can't imagine shipping those huge things around is very easy.

Bellasea
04-24-2012, 09:31 AM
If I stole a large electronic dinosaur I would have it roam the woods and stuff and frighten people and maybe chase cars....that's kinda mean... :P

Mermaid Sirena
04-24-2012, 10:28 AM
That looks epic & I can't even begin to imaging the amount of work that had to put into it for it to come to life.

Spindrift
04-24-2012, 08:02 PM
there only doing autralia and new zealand? thats it? i saw the dinosaurs show and im in canada... does somebody have more infos?

The show's production company is based in Australia/New Zealand. What they did for WWD is that they did shows there first and then went on a world tour the year after. I know that they are planning a world tour for HTTYD but they haven't released an official schedule yet.

Spindrift
04-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Unbelievable!!
I wonder what they'd do with a giant robot anyway? Probably hack it apart and sell all the parts.

And I think so. The production studio itself is from Austrailia I think, so they're probably going to
tour around close to home for a bit before they wander too far away.
I can't imagine shipping those huge things around is very easy.

Nah I don't think they would hack it apart. Someone rich probably just wanted it for themselves.

Mermaid Dottie
04-24-2012, 09:20 PM
can i just say...?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

New York Mermaid
04-24-2012, 10:51 PM
Omg I love that movie so much I'm thinking of incorporating pieces of the score into my mermaid Vid lol awesome show

Nyx
04-25-2012, 03:48 PM
..... This
I
I just .....
I can't find words
to describe my excitement > w<

Spindrift
05-10-2012, 02:34 PM
HEY!
The North America schedule has been released!!
http://dreamworksdragonslive.com/tickets.php