PDA

View Full Version : Merry Meet

Tasha Mermaid
04-25-2012, 08:39 AM
Hi im Lunali (that's pronounced Luna-lie) its shelltastic to meet you all, i have been around for 23 springs, almost 24 this coming spring.
I live in Penrith (Sydney area) NSW Australia.
A little about me... well I'm a brand new mermaid, in fact i havnt even got my tail yet :$ (I'm working on that important part) i don't know any other menfolk at all and would love to meet some near me, i would ask my partner but he has a fear of water, some of these humans are strange... fear of water, i dont get it.
I have ALWAYS been a mermaid in my heart, i remember as a child i would sit in my pool, or public pool, or resort poor or the beach and pretend i was a mermaid, i would tie my legs together to swim just like one. I remember refusing to learn to swim like a human because i only ever wanted to swim lie a mermaid.
I adore singing, pretty shiny things, shells, and anything arty and crafty, I'm hoping to make my very first tail soon and can't wait to find neat sea shells to make into jewellery :D
Cant wait to meet you all.
many blessings
Mermaid Lunali

Bellasea
04-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Welcome to MerNetwork! and good luck on getting your tail! :)

Mermaid Marissa
04-25-2012, 10:36 AM
Hi im Lunali (that's pronounced Luna-lie) its shelltastic to meet you all, i have been around for 23 springs, almost 24 this coming spring.
I live in Penrith (Sydney area) NSW Australia.
A little about me... well I'm a brand new mermaid, in fact i havnt even got my tail yet :$ (I'm working on that important part) i don't know any other menfolk at all and would love to meet some near me, i would ask my partner but he has a fear of water, some of these humans are strange... fear of water, i dont get it.
I have ALWAYS been a mermaid in my heart, i remember as a child i would sit in my pool, or public pool, or resort poor or the beach and pretend i was a mermaid, i would tie my legs together to swim just like one. I remember refusing to learn to swim like a human because i only ever wanted to swim lie a mermaid.
I adore singing, pretty shiny things, shells, and anything arty and crafty, I'm hoping to make my very first tail soon and can't wait to find neat sea shells to make into jewellery :D
Cant wait to meet you all.
many blessings
Mermaid Lunali

Greetings! I'm Marissa. I would introduce myself with a whole story too but I would be telling basically the same story :lol: The only differences is that I'm 16.

Mermaasai
04-25-2012, 11:04 AM
Merry Meet!

Welcome to Mernetwork! I'm glad you found us :)

Nyx
04-25-2012, 03:59 PM
Hello and nice to meet you!
Don't worry, you're not alone
I haven't made my tail either :lol:

Syrenia
04-25-2012, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the pod! My name is Syrenia. I've made a couple tails (both turned out pretty bad) so don't worry. ^^
If you need any help or have any questions, feel free to ask! We're all pretty friendly on here and we're all more than willing to lend a fin.

New York Mermaid
04-25-2012, 05:40 PM
Hi there welcome to the pod, its nice to meet you as well :) I would love to see your seashell creations if you would like to share, 'sea' you around the forum

Mermaid Dottie
04-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Hi hi!
Always pleasant to meet other Newbies! Welcome to the Network!
I hope who have a fin-tastic time acquiring your first tail. I know I did. :)

Tasha Mermaid
04-26-2012, 02:14 AM
Welcome to MerNetwork! and good luck on getting your tail! :)
Thanks so much Bellasea, i can't wait :D

Tasha Mermaid
04-26-2012, 02:21 AM
wow everyone is so nice *waves fin* ...well today I'm going to go check out some material for my tail, i have been sewing since i was 4 years old (being taught by my nan and aunty) i even have a room just for my sewing (which is a huge mess with fabrics and everything everywhere) i design doggie dresses and fairy wings, I'm suer excited to start my tail but have to wait for my merfin first. unfortunately i don't have any pics of old seashell things i have made because i made them for others.... i can't wait to go searching for more shells so i can re start to make things :D....i have a Facebook now please add me it would be fintastic its www.facebook.com/Mermaid.Lunali happy swimming

ShyMer
04-26-2012, 08:45 AM
I would love to have a room just for sewing! I'd have stuff everywhere and half finished projects all over and I'd be able to walk in and say, Hmm, I think I'll make a crazy hat today, and just make something.

I see on your facebook that you ordered an Oceanika monofin. I love those, they look so floppy and mermaid like!

Bellasea
04-27-2012, 09:40 AM
I wish I had a sewing room... Lately, my kitchen table has turned into my sewing room. Since, Christmas I have had project after project that I wanted to get done, then earlier this month I came home to note on the fridge and my sewing machine gone. Turns out my Grandma took it, and I have not seen it since. :(

So my table is a complete mess, still, and I have no sewing machine to complete my projects.

ShyMer
04-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Your Gram... took it? Sad :(

Bellasea
04-28-2012, 10:21 AM
Yeah. I asked today if I could have it back, but she is out of town, and my grandfather claims that he does not know where it is. (I so don't believe him)

Nemefish
04-28-2012, 09:19 PM
WELCOME NICE TO MEET YOU :D

Tasha Mermaid
04-30-2012, 11:02 PM
@ Shymer i know I'm so lucky to have a sewing room its a first time ever for me and yes its a complete mess :P i design doggie couture so i have all sort of materials for just making dog dresses here are some i made :)

@ Bellasea i was worse then that in my last house....i had my coffee table as my sewing table, it was so annoying having to bring things out then put them away, not to mention my dogs stole the tiny scraps and i had then pick them up all over the house (and veranda) I'm glad its in a room with a door now lol, Oh thats so unfair i would be very upset if someone took my sewing machine without asking permission :( ....and to not give it back is mean....what projects are you working on :)

@ Nemefish its lovely to meet you too, thanks for the welcome :D

Bellasea
04-30-2012, 11:11 PM
I got my sewing machine back today! I am working on a hat. I also have two dresses.that I need to shorten and take in. I'm also making a bathing suit for this year, and 1 for my friend. I plan on also making skirts and some shirts to sell it this this local secondhand types shop.

Tasha Mermaid
04-30-2012, 11:53 PM
I got my sewing machine back today! I am working on a hat. I also have two dresses.that I need to shorten and take in. I'm also making a bathing suit for this year, and 1 for my friend. I plan on also making skirts and some shirts to sell it this this local secondhand types shop.

Oh i would love to make my own swimmers, I've never thought to do that :P ....you will have to post pics when your done to show me what you made and how they turned out ...post them in this thread i don't mind :D i adore creativity and love seeing others work :D

Tasha Mermaid
04-30-2012, 11:54 PM
oh and I'm so happy you got your sewing machine back, i bet thats a relief :)

Bellasea
05-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Yes it was! The top wont be too hard because it is just two triangles with strings attached. That is so cool that you make doggie clothes! My mom anad I used to make goose clothing. like this:
http://gooseapparel.com/assets/snippets/treasure_chest/images/products/11019.jpg(this isn't one of ours) I can't find any pictures and it has been years since we last did one, but my aunt and uncle stil have theirs in their ffron tyard and they dress it up for every holiday and season! Most of the clothes they use we made.

Tasha Mermaid
05-03-2012, 01:49 AM
hahaha really i havnt heard of that before, oh i love it....for like real geese or for statue geese :P

Sea Pearl
05-04-2012, 06:36 PM
Welcome Mermaid Lunali! Glad you joined us!

Bellasea
05-04-2012, 09:36 PM
The statues! It would be somewhat difficult to put a goose into a costuem. :p

Tasha Mermaid
05-05-2012, 12:40 AM
@ Sea Pearl thank you so mch :D

@ Bellasea i guess you would be right ALTHOUGH i have seen some in clothes so I'm not sure (they were dressed as mother goose it was adorable)

Talise
05-05-2012, 01:21 PM
Nice to meet you, Lunali. :) I'm Talise. You and I are in the same boat; it sucks being tailless. :( Unfortunately, I don't yet have the skills to make my own tail, so I'm trying to find people to buy from.

Tasha Mermaid
05-06-2012, 01:26 AM
Nice to meet you, Lunali. :) I'm Talise. You and I are in the same boat; it sucks being tailless. :( Unfortunately, I don't yet have the skills to make my own tail, so I'm trying to find people to buy from.

Nice to meet you too Talise :D
Yeah it does suck not having a tail.... i have got my material and my mono fin now so i can start designing what i want but it will take me some time, may i ask why you are unable to make one??? perhaps you don't sew????...... oh there are a few tail makers i have come across that are fairly cheap..... mermaid parties makes latex ones for $200 (i wish i had known before buying my stuff) but i would recommend having a fabric tail first because most are saying not to go straight for a latex or silicon for your first :)

Aradia
05-06-2012, 02:33 AM
Helloooo!
If you head down South you can always come and have a swim with us in Melbourne. Good to see some more Aussie Mermaids springing up :)
- Aradia

mermaid hannah
05-07-2012, 10:53 PM
did you get the phrase "merry meet" from the house of night books by chance? :)

Tasha Mermaid
05-08-2012, 04:07 AM
Helloooo!
If you head down South you can always come and have a swim with us in Melbourne. Good to see some more Aussie Mermaids springing up :)
- Aradia
Oh i LOVE melbourne, i used to go down every year, but if i can ever convince my partner to go down there i will definitely love to swim with you :)

Tasha Mermaid
05-08-2012, 04:10 AM
did you get the phrase "merry meet" from the house of night books by chance? :)

Merry Meet is a Pagan greeting used by all Pagans, i am Pagan. So to answer your question, no i didn't get it from a book, i have been using it for years :)

the correct Pagan greeting goes.... Merry meet, merry part and merry meet again, but as this isn't a pagan gathering i shortened it ;)

Aradia
05-08-2012, 08:16 AM
Blessed Be from another Pagan as well.. I actually used to work at Spellbox down here if you were ever wondering around our witchy stores :p

mermaid hannah
05-08-2012, 07:47 PM
well thats really interesting! in the series of books i am talking about its about a young vampyre..and the school she goes to uses this saying..but its interesting to know where it really came from!

Tasha Mermaid
05-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Blessed Be from another Pagan as well.. I actually used to work at Spellbox down here if you were ever wondering around our witchy stores :p
i LOVE Spellbox both of them...its the reason i used to go down to melbourne, that and the Esoteric Shop those guys crake me up :P i also LOVE the haunted bookshop but the guy is rude.
When did you work there and for how long, i wonder if i ever met you then :), i would of LOVED to work at the one not in the arcade :)

Peace love and light Aradia
Blessed Be )O(

Tasha Mermaid
05-08-2012, 11:05 PM
well thats really interesting! in the series of books i am talking about its about a young vampyre..and the school she goes to uses this saying..but its interesting to know where it really came from!

Oh most likely the author is pagan or has researched paganism then to use it for her books, i find it odd she is using it like that.
Happy to help :)