PDA

View Full Version : group video project

AniaR
04-25-2012, 01:28 PM
So, I've been picking away at an idea for a little while now, but now im starting to think it would be way cooler to have everyone involved.

After some prompting from my students and seeing some HILARIOUS parodies online, I am writing and recording a parody of "Sexy and I know it" and changing it to "Half fish and I know it". Ive almost got the lyrics done, and Im going to start recording it soon.

I wanted to make a parody video, and instead of having only me in the video, I thought why not have all of you? If we use dropbox (a free online usb tool) people can send me their own mermaid video clips and I can put them all into the video. Then we can have our own hilarious mermaid parody of sexyand I know it :)

Here are some of the lyric ideas Ive got so far, let me know if you're interested and I'll set up a folder on dropbox and start inviting people to send clips. Here's the lyrics, the new ones are in bold, it's not all finished yet so tell me what you think you could add :D I was thinking for the "wirggle" part we get people wriggling on land in their tails

Yeah, yeah
When I splash on by, kids be looking like "oh my my!"
I swim to the beach, playing in the surf with all seaweed, yeah
This is how I roll, hipster mermaid gettin outta control,
It aint your typical Disney show
And like Ariel Ive got to go

Ah... Girl look at that body [x3]
Ah... I got scales!
Ah...boy look at that body [x3]
Ah... I got a tail!

When I swimmen in the pool
This is what I see
errrbody stops and starin at me
I got no legs below my waist and I ain't afraid to show it, show it, show it, show it

I'm half fish and I know it [x2]

Yeah
When I'm at the mall, security just can't fight them off
And when I'm at the beach, I'm in a Speedo trying to tan my cheeks (what)
This is how I roll, come on ladies it's time to go
We headed to the bar, baby don't be nervous
No shoes, no shirt, and I still get serviced (watch)

Ah... I got scales!
Ah... I got a tail!

When I swimmen in the lake
This is what I see
errrbody stops and starin at me
I got no legs below my waist and I ain't afraid to show it, show it, show it, show it

Im half fish and I know it

Check it out [x2]
Wriggle, wriggle, wriggle, wriggle, wriggle yeah [x3]
Wriggle, wriggle, wriggle, wirggle, wriggle yeah, yeah
Do the wriggle man
I do the wriggle man
Yeah
I'm half fish and I know it

Ah... I got scales!
Ah... I got a tail!

I'm half fish and i know it

So, I need some suggestions for the unbolded text :D ideas???

AniaR
04-25-2012, 01:30 PM
ps here's a karaoke version if you wanna sing along hahaha
http://youtu.be/5-oGYmShX5Q

Kanti
04-25-2012, 02:13 PM
When you make the video you have to dance like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXYjgHC_Ycw

How you're going to do that with a tail, don't know xD

Blondie
04-25-2012, 03:29 PM
Yeah
When I'm at the beach, sea gulls just can't fight them off
And when I'm at the shore, I'm in a shell bra tryin to tan some more (what)
This is how I swim, come on sailors it's time to go
We headed to the sea, baby don't be scared
No toes, no feet, so I get some stares (watch)

What I come up with in like ten minutes haha! Tell me what you think!

Syrenia
04-25-2012, 03:44 PM
lol I love it, Blondie! Are we voting because if we are, I vote on that one.
I'm terrible at making lyrics, which I find rather sad for being a mermaid.
But I can sing! :D
So how do we submit videos to you? And what do you want us to be doing? Singing along to the words?

Nyx
04-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Oh this is wonderful XD
Raina you have made my day

and Kanit that video was great XD bahahahahhahaa

Theta
04-25-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm no good with singing or lyrics, but I'd love to send in a video clip :)

AniaR
04-25-2012, 07:00 PM
what I'll do is just sent me video via dropbox (I will set that up and explain how to do it) you dont have to lypsync, just show yourself swimming, blowing bubbles, splashing around! I will speed things up at certain parts to work with the music :p

I have to get it recorded which'll probably take a week to get done and all mixed. Then I'll start asking for video submissions. For now, just go get video of yourselves!

If you dont have a tail, do some dancing in a mermaid top! For those who do have a tail- any kind of tail is fine!

You dont even have to take new video, if you have some footage of you swimming or in your tail, you can just send that.

I'll make a post here once the music is done, with a link so you can hear it all, and with explanations on how to use dropbox

Princess Kae-Leah
04-25-2012, 07:17 PM
What about those of us who can't swim? I don't even have a webcam.

Mermaid Dottie
04-25-2012, 07:52 PM
What about those of us who can't swim? I don't even have a webcam.
you know how animators do it, one frame at a time? Maybe take, like, five photos of you in the process of blowing a kiss and she can make em all animated.
What'choo think?

AniaR
04-25-2012, 08:16 PM
I can put photos in for sure KL :) check and see if your digital camera has a video setting, you could blow me a kiss in your tail!

Bellasea
04-25-2012, 08:56 PM
So cute! :D We should be getting some sun later, I think, so I will head to the beach to get some shots! Also, I love blondie's lyrics! :)

Princess Kae-Leah
04-26-2012, 12:43 AM
I already have some "blowing kiss" pics: [in albums here (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kae-Leah-Royal-Purple-Mermaid-Princess/253963584623799?sk=photos)]

Aradia
04-26-2012, 06:08 AM
Oooh, I can't wait to get involved! I also bet the other girls of Mermaidens will join me.
Also Kanti, that video is shot close to where we swim... I wish I was at the St. Kilda Festival when it was being filmed :p

Syrenia
04-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Okay Raina, how does this dropbox thing work? I have a million videos and I'd LOVE to send one in. ^^

AniaR
04-26-2012, 03:43 PM
you can download dropbox from dropbox.com and it'll install a dropbox folder on your computer. When I invite you to my dropbox folder via email (must be the email you register with to download dropbox) you'll have access to my dropbox folder right on yours, so whatever you put in that folder I'll have access to.

dropbox is really great because it basically works like an online usb for sharing files. You can set it up specifically for who you want, or make it public. You only start off with a little space, but as you use it you actually earn more space.

I WOULD WAIT however, Until I have everything set up on my end, and then I'll start collecting videos. I plan on posting a little tutorial on here for how to use dropbox as Im sure a few are weary of downloading and using a program they've never used before.

Syrenia
04-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Sounds good. Just let us all know when you're ready and I'll send in my video. ^^

AniaR
05-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Okay!!! I am starting this!

IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE INVOLVED please send me a PM with your preferred email address (this will be the email I invite to dropbox so you'll have to register for dropbox with it) as well as whatever way you'd like to be credited. (website link, FB, etc) send me videos of you swimming, videos in your tail, videos of you wiggling, dancing, I dont care we'll make it work!!!

How this will work, once I get your email, I'll invite you to view a folder, once you install dropbox (free and safe) that folder will appear on your dropbox. You can then drag whatever video files you like into it, and I'll have access to download them!

Mermaid Marissa
05-15-2012, 08:58 PM
I LOVE THIS!!!!

SweeteSiren
05-15-2012, 09:04 PM
So funny! My daughter & I sing this "Santa and I know it". (Girl, look at that belly!) :p Can't wait to see how this comes out!

AniaR
05-15-2012, 09:31 PM
I have PMs from people, then my best friend had her baby and I had to go with her, lol then a big mer gig, now it's my graduation week for my second degree so Im busy busy! I will be sending the invites hopefully this weekend :)