PDA

View Full Version : My Mer-Fabulous Mermaid Parties Tail Review

Prince Calypso
04-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Ok so my mermaid tail just came in the mail and I couldn't wait to post a review.
After accidentally yelling at the nice FedEx lady cause I thought she was my Dad being annoying :doh:
I signed and apologized... for the fifth time, came back in the house and all but ripped the package apart
the color was amazing as all get out and go and it smelt like those squishy rubber balls you can get from Chuck e Cheeses lol and loved it (i know i'm weird):neener:

the tail is perfect there were just a few small problems that aren't even noticeable, unless your looking really close... or super uber gay like I am lol
first of all after getting into the tail the stretch was epic and just snug enough but I could kinda see the neoprene between the scales
the fluke was epiclly designed but the painting looked a little rushed but its not something that isn't unfix-able as my own

Stephanie was so sweet and patience throughout the whole process and took all my suggestions and sudden changes with grace and kindness that i would never have been able to show.
all and all the tail is epic and beautiful and i cant wait to order my next one
i'm thinking red and purple this time lol:lol:

Syrenia
04-26-2012, 05:09 PM
Gorgeous! I saw this one on her fb page. I can't wait to order mine! Do we get a video of you swimming in it anytime soon?!

Bellasea
04-26-2012, 05:12 PM
Beautiful tail! :) Make sure to post pictures when you swim. I want to see how the long strips of fabric look in the water. :D

Blondie
04-26-2012, 05:13 PM
It looks beautiful!!! Just stunning! More pictures! And some with you in them!!!

Mermaasai
04-26-2012, 05:19 PM
oh my gaaawwwww!!!
Its beautiful Calypso!

Prince Calypso
04-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Gorgeous! I saw this one on her fb page. I can't wait to order mine! Do we get a video of you swimming in it anytime soon?!

as soon as i get someone to record me or somebody with an underwater camera

Prince Calypso
04-26-2012, 05:52 PM
oh my gaaawwwww!!!
Its beautiful Calypso!

omg love this lol

New York Mermaid
04-26-2012, 07:40 PM
wow even more beautiful :) Nice tail, makin a mergirl jealous over here :P

AniaR
04-26-2012, 08:43 PM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Mermaid Dottie
04-26-2012, 08:50 PM
PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES! You're too Lovely to hide that pretty Face of yours from us Any MOre! and Now that you have a tail there is NO EXCUSE!

Mermaid Marissa
04-26-2012, 09:59 PM
This tail is STUNNING!!! PICTURES! PS: Wooooo for LGBT mers!!!!! We should have a pod lol

Prince Calypso
04-26-2012, 11:54 PM
ok i took these myself so sorry about not seeing the whole tail i'll get some better ones taken this weekend

excuse my dirty ass room but i'm single so i don't have a reason to keep it all cleaned up casue don't nobody come over lol

New York Mermaid
04-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Okay now this mergirl's jealous , you look awesome in the tail I love the look!!

embry
04-27-2012, 01:04 AM
What a fab tail! i can't wait to get mine >.< and yes us LGBT peeps need our own pod!

Nemefish
04-27-2012, 01:36 AM
oh my gaaawwwww!!!
Its beautiful Calypso!

i agree..... gaaaaaaaawwww! this makes me so much at ease with buying a mermaid parties tail :D

Prince Calypso
04-27-2012, 03:33 AM
What a fab tail! i can't wait to get mine >.< and yes us LGBT peeps need our own pod!
The Rainbow Fish Pod lol

Mermaid Marissa
04-27-2012, 08:07 AM
The Rainbow Fish Pod lol

YES!

Bellasea
04-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Perfect ^^ :D

Mermaid Dottie
04-27-2012, 01:08 PM
There you are! One of the prettiest boys ever! Love the shadow, and some purple and blue scales would look SO awesome up your torso and around your eyes.

I think an LGBT pod is awesome idea. I may be straight, but my brother was crowned Empress 12 in the Drag Court here in UT. So I straight love gay people.

AniaR
04-27-2012, 01:10 PM
you look AMAZING <3

malinghi
04-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Could you also post a formal review in the review system here? These threads get buried eventually, and its helpful for people to be able to check in one place for an overall review score.

http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?1773-Mermaid-Parties

Also, congrats on your new tail, it looks awesome!

Kanti
04-27-2012, 02:01 PM
You know what this means right?
SWIM VIDEO!!!

Right, right???
*Hint hint nudge nudge*

Prince Calypso
04-27-2012, 02:46 PM
OMG *Blush* thank you AniaR!!!

Prince Calypso
04-27-2012, 05:57 PM
You know what this means right?
SWIM VIDEO!!!

Right, right???
*Hint hint nudge nudge*

Omg Kanti i love you and your oh so subtle hints
honestly i have to find somebody with either an underwater camera
or a camcorder to record me but i will be looking for somebody
and trying to post a video as fast as i can

MermaidRaegan
04-27-2012, 10:25 PM
I was so excited when I saw this on their FB page and it looks even more gorgeous on! The design is creative, the colors are lovely, you're sexy as hell, I just love it!

Okay, I'm done spazzing now.

Also, Rainbow Pod?
http://mernetwork.com/index/attachment.php?attachmentid=2629&d=1335489595

MermaidParties
04-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Oh my gosh Calypso! That purple and blue looks amazing with your skin tone!! And thank you so much for the review! And the fluke paint issue, I was having some trouble spreading the paint because it wouldnt spread evenly without streaking, I even put two heavy coats but... I figured out the issue and fixed it! It's because the paint is water based and just kind of slides right of the smooth latex unlike the scaly area sooo I've started mixing the paint in with the latex instead of painting it after I let the latex cure and it seems to really do the trick. It also helps with the neoprene showing through when you stretch the tail to put it on. I did it with Alicia True's tail. I'll have pictures of it soon. If you like, I can tell you what paint I used and you can try adding another layer to it to see if it helps blend it a little better. But your next tail will be flawless :D
Thanks again Prince Calypso! I was honored to make this tail for you :D

Tasha Mermaid
04-28-2012, 02:09 AM
ok i took these myself so sorry about not seeing the whole tail i'll get some better ones taken this weekend

excuse my dirty ass room but i'm single so i don't have a reason to keep it all cleaned up casue don't nobody come over lol

Calypso, if you don't mind me asking, are you pagan or wiccan or anything, i notice you wear a pentacle as i do :), I'm a pagan witch i have my 9crt gold pentacle necklace and my pure silver pentacle ring :P ....by the way your tail looks gorgeous on you, it really matches your lovely brown complexion, you are quite good looking :)

Prince Calypso
04-28-2012, 03:54 AM
actually i am a neo pagan christian
i was raised christian but
i was taught witchcraft and pagan beliefs by my aunt
she is our family"s witch and and she kinda knew i was going be a talented witch
my mother disagreed with this but couldn't deny that my constant accurate dreams and nightmares weren't a bit unnerving lol
after a very tramatic even i went to saty with my aunt asn she began teaching Paganism, Wicca and Witchcraft
at the age of 12 i already knew more about most myths than any kid my age

oh wow i got way off track there lol
Thank you so much sweetheart for the tail compliment:lol:

Syrenia
04-28-2012, 03:24 PM
If you lived around me Calypso, I would SO record us swimming together.

I love the way the scales look. Gorgeous colors too! Not to mention how gorgeous you are!

Prince Calypso
04-28-2012, 03:46 PM
If you lived around me Calypso, I would SO record us swimming together.

I love the way the scales look. Gorgeous colors too! Not to mention how gorgeous you are!

thank you so much
honestly guys your making blush with all the complitments

Tasha Mermaid
04-30-2012, 01:55 AM
actually i am a neo pagan christian
i was raised christian but
i was taught witchcraft and pagan beliefs by my aunt
she is our family"s witch and and she kinda knew i was going be a talented witch
my mother disagreed with this but couldn't deny that my constant accurate dreams and nightmares weren't a bit unnerving lol
after a very tramatic even i went to saty with my aunt asn she began teaching Paganism, Wicca and Witchcraft
at the age of 12 i already knew more about most myths than any kid my age

oh wow i got way off track there lol
Thank you so much sweetheart for the tail compliment:lol:

Oh wow thats interesting, i grew up with a very strict christian step mum who constantly told me i was evil and the devil, i have always been able to do things that freaked her out even very very young, and no matter how hard they tried to "convert me" it could never be done, I'm a born witch.....my mum on the other hand is happy and tells EVERYONE :P ......

back to your tail....is it comfy to wear and swim in, is it heavy light???

Sea Pearl
05-01-2012, 01:06 PM
Your tail is amazing! Have you had the chance to swim in it yet?

Kanti
05-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Omg Kanti i love you and your oh so subtle hints
honestly i have to find somebody with either an underwater camera
or a camcorder to record me but i will be looking for somebody
and trying to post a video as fast as i can

Baha
Whenever/if you can! I'd love to see one of these tails in action~
Yours looks like it would be awesome looking underwater, too! All those frills and
whatnot~
Anyhow super glad you got the tail of your dreams!! You should totally go do some
gigs now! :'D

Raivynn
05-01-2012, 08:14 PM
You are GORGEOUS. :) Don't let anyone let you feel any less!!! Your eyes are smouldering ... :)

jukumerboii
05-01-2012, 08:43 PM
YES YES YES that tail is amazing on u hun! i know u cant wait to swim in it!!!

Prince Calypso
05-02-2012, 12:29 AM
You are GORGEOUS. :) Don't let anyone let you feel any less!!! Your eyes are smouldering ... :)

OMG the blushing had returned

Prince Calypso
05-02-2012, 12:29 AM
YES YES YES that tail is amazing on u hun! i know u cant wait to swim in it!!!
Omg neither can i!!!

Bellasea
05-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Have you swan in it yet?

Prince Calypso
05-03-2012, 03:41 AM
i haven't swam in it yet but hopefully i will this weekend and i'll have some pics for everybody

LittleTreasure
05-03-2012, 10:50 PM
Ok so I'm a little late to this thread but... OMG. You look soooo good in that gorgeous tail! You do need to post a vid of you swimming in it...pretty please? :D

Bellasea
05-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Yay pictures!!! :D

Mermaid Rillia
05-05-2012, 02:01 PM
that tail looks amazing!!!
im so jelly!
IM A GREEN JELLYFISH :)
So glad you got the tail of your dreams. Now go swim gorgeous!
And take lots of pics :):D

New York Mermaid
05-05-2012, 02:08 PM
YOU have me anxious now I get mine soon.. ahhh i cant wait
http://bestanimations.com/animals/mammals/Dolphins/freedolphinanimation-17.gif

Prince Calypso
05-06-2012, 01:07 AM
sorry mer faithful:(
unfortunately no mermaid pics this weekend.
I've been beached for back talking till Thursday

can you believe it. i'm 21 and I've been freaking grounded... for the first time in my life!!!
thank god my internet privileges weren't revoke... mainly because I pay for the internet and netflix bills

Bellasea
05-07-2012, 07:45 PM
I am so disappointed... Oh, well, but pictures by this weekend??

Prince Calypso
05-07-2012, 11:52 PM
i may not be able to get out to the lake like i wantted to but thats what my bathtub is for so i will have pics up of me in the water ... even it's just ion the bathtub.

Mermaid Saphira
06-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Incredible tail! And as a suggestion...maybe "The Raibow Trout Pod?" ;)

Nyx
06-03-2012, 06:52 PM
This tail is awesome X3

Mermaid Saphira
06-03-2012, 06:57 PM
YOU have me anxious now I get mine soon.. ahhh i cant wait
http://bestanimations.com/animals/mammals/Dolphins/freedolphinanimation-17.gif

where in the ocean did you get that little dolphin dude??!! <3

Prince Calypso
06-10-2012, 05:24 AM
OMG FInally. New Pics of me in my mermaid tail
BEWARE PIC HEAVY!!!!

3293 3294
3295 3296

MermanJV
06-10-2012, 09:05 AM
Prince Calypso.

You are the most amazing thing in the entire world. These pictures.... I can't even begin to explain how much I love them. You look all kinds of phenomenal. I don't know you very well, but I feel as though this tail matches your personality more than I can actually say. the color-combo is to die for. The top is enough to make any sea creature turn emerald green with envy (Thank god green and purple go well together, otherwise I'd be in trouble.) The extra tulle was the perfect final touch.

I ordered a tail not too long ago (she just started sewing mine, I think.....) and I'm so anxious to get mine now.

BTW, is that a custom fin in there? or is it a Mahina fins?

Prince Calypso
06-10-2012, 01:17 PM
MermanJV thank you so much man. i'm like honestly blushing under all this praise lol

um idk about the monofin. i ordered my tail way before Stephanie stopped making her own monfins so i guess its custom made.

Kanti
06-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Gah I love the photos!!
God Calypso, I would kill to see you swim in it. I bet everything wafts around so nicely~
Great job with the photos though! They look great!

SignorinaSirena
06-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Stunning, Prince Calypso! Absolutely stunning! It looks like the tail did great in the water, too! Great scene setting, as well...is that a river?

Blondie
06-10-2012, 05:26 PM
M-M-Model!! Looks fantastic!

Bellasea
06-10-2012, 05:50 PM
You are beautiful! :D

Raivynn
06-10-2012, 06:23 PM
You need to enter the calendar contest! :D

Prince Calypso
06-10-2012, 07:37 PM
how do i do that? and is it still going.

Prince Calypso
06-10-2012, 07:37 PM
yes its a river that runs trhough my town... the Kern riiver lol

Raivynn
06-10-2012, 08:52 PM
Shoot Stevi an email. There should also be a copy of the entry form and photo waiver on her Mermaid Parties' Facebook. :D It is open until the end of August I believe.

Prince Calypso
06-12-2012, 07:15 PM
ok i'll do it right now thanks sweetyheart

Ilonka
06-13-2012, 06:00 PM
You look gorgeous and the tail is amazing! Purple and shiny, love it!