PDA

View Full Version : My Little Pony?

Kanti
04-27-2012, 02:16 PM
The show! Anyway I just wanted to know if anyone here watches it and what you think of the
show, particularly the season finale that was just aired this past weekend.
I like the show a lot myself but I'm prone to like weird things so I don't know if the show is
actually considered very good or if it's just mildly entertaining.

The season finale was 45 minutes long and it was surprisingly good- at least to what I
thought it was going to be xD
If you're curious and feel like watching it, I'll post the video I can at least say I think
it was really cute~ (the season finale has no story connection to the actual show so you
won't be missing out on any previous stories or anything)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OII5-Tv9Bbk

Not trying to convert anyone either, just wanted to get an idea of who likes the show
and who doesn't!

SignorinaSirena
04-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Oh! I LOVE that show with a passion! They do such a wonderful job of blending good characters with well-thought-out plots and enough silliness and friendship to keep the little ones fascinated. Queen Chrysalis and her changeling army were fabulous villains in this ep., too. Happy to know another mer who's into Pony!

I'm actually quite an MLP fan...have been since I was a kid, playing mermaid ponies in the tub. This new incarnation of the show I loved as a kid is WAY better than even the old episodes. This show really appeals to the kid in all of us with every element (hee hee...elements of harmony!) and I can't wait for the new season to start.

Believe it or not...I'm actually wearing a Pinkie Pie shirt from Hot Topic right now! ^_^

Prince Calypso
04-27-2012, 02:47 PM
OMG Im a Mer-Brony LOLOL

Mermaid Lorelei
04-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Well, I just watched 40 minutes of it and it looks cute.

Spindrift
04-27-2012, 04:15 PM
There are a lot of bronies on my campus.
Heh. Finally watched my first MLP episode. Thanks Kanti.

Kanti
04-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Glad you thought so Lorelei xD
And nice Spindrift! I hope I didn't make you watch it against your will xD
Did you guys find it entertaining or would you not bother wathing it again?

Kanti
04-27-2012, 07:12 PM
Oh! I LOVE that show with a passion! They do such a wonderful job of blending good characters with well-thought-out plots and enough silliness and friendship to keep the little ones fascinated. Queen Chrysalis and her changeling army were fabulous villains in this ep., too. Happy to know another mer who's into Pony!

I'm actually quite an MLP fan...have been since I was a kid, playing mermaid ponies in the tub. This new incarnation of the show I loved as a kid is WAY better than even the old episodes. This show really appeals to the kid in all of us with every element (hee hee...elements of harmony!) and I can't wait for the new season to start.

Believe it or not...I'm actually wearing a Pinkie Pie shirt from Hot Topic right now! ^_^

I thought so too. The show is very charming while still being entertaining to watch. It's not like other kids shows which are usually
either completely random with overexaggerated antics to keep the kids entertained or REALLY corny and lesson oriented to keep
their mothers happy xD
I like it cause it's got some witty jokes and funny easter eggs that are geared towards adults while keeping them subtle enough to
fly over the kids' heads.

Mermaid Dottie
04-27-2012, 07:35 PM
I watched the old show... can't bring myself to watch the new one.... doesn't even look the same.... :(

Ayla of Duluth
04-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Friendship is Addiction @,,@

Kanti
04-27-2012, 07:40 PM
@ Dottie: They're just going with a new look. I love the animation and character designs. Also the girl who does
the artwork used to work on the Powerpuff girls and Foster's so there's some similarities there.

Overall I think you should give it a shot. Looks aren't everything :'P

@Waterwolf: Bahaha I already know you like it xD or at least I hope so with that avatar :'P

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
04-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Also a brony here, though I think my favorite character is Twilight or Pinkie... for some reason, I love Rainbow Dash's look, but not her attitude (except her recent love of books), and Fluttershy is too... annoyingly timid for me. Rarity can be fun, but fashion's not really my thing. As for Applejack, she's fun, but she just doesn't have the pizzazz of Pinkie or Twilight Sparkle. And for some reason, I can't really appreciate the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I do wish that the old Sea Ponies would make an appearance, though, and I am a fan of Big Macintosh (though I wish there was an equally cool male pegasus and unicorn pony out there). I'm waiting to watch the season finale.

Also, did you guys see this deviation... I died laughing... a new take on Twilight Sparkle. http://amslizrah.deviantart.com/art/Twilight-Sparkle-209089404

Ayla of Duluth
04-27-2012, 08:41 PM
I was watching MLP:FIM before it was a craze.

courtneymermaid
04-27-2012, 09:03 PM
My Little Pony is awesome! A few of my friends worked on that show! My favourite old school ponies were Fizzy and Sweet Stuff (from the first movie). Of the newest ponies, I loooove Pinkie Pie!! Hee hee! Great show!

Kanti
04-27-2012, 09:29 PM
I only got into this generation.
I was never into girly stuff when I was little nor did I ever see my little pony on tv.
Maybe I was inbetween generations?

Ayla of Duluth
04-27-2012, 09:35 PM
I never used to watch the old mlp. my friends had a TON of mlp dolls. their dad was rich so they were spoiled. anyways, the only old generation mlp I remember watching was a movie called "bright lights" or something like that. where the little ponies get their shadows taken away by an evil zebra and a cloud thing. but I love the new generation. the first season was aimed at little kids, but when the creators saw such a spike in older teens watching it, they started suiting the show for the old kids instead of the little ones. or that's what I heard. My favorite characters from FIM are Fleur De Lis (a background character from the ep where rarity goes to canterlot) and Zecora.

Kanti
04-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Baha I LOVE Derpy.
I was one of the people who literally lost my brains when they said her name and she spoke in that
one episode.

I like Fleur too, I thought she was going to appear more but I guess not o_O
Zecora doesn't appear enough, either. She's really cool xD

Spindrift
04-28-2012, 02:20 AM
Haha Kanti, didn't mean to make my post sound unenthusiastic. I thought the show was really cute. I like the pink one the best I think.

Mermaasai
04-28-2012, 05:12 PM
I had THESE then I was little and I LOVED them: 2688

A whole new wooorrrlllddd!!!

Kanti
04-29-2012, 02:40 AM
@Spindrift - haha aww that's good, I didn't want you to feel pressured to watch it or anything. But
I'm glad you found it entertaining! :'D

@Mermasaai - bahaha yea I want them to make an episode with those seahorses really bad
It seems like such a cute idea~

Psychic Tideborn
04-29-2012, 03:15 AM
I am so a Brony! I've LOVED MLP from the beginning, especially the first movie! Best mlp movie in my opinion! MLP friendship is magic is a refreshing take on an almost completely destroyed classic.

Aradia
04-29-2012, 05:17 AM
Team Fluttershy REPRESENT!
I'm a massive fan of the show to the point where I infect other people around me with MLP like some type of virus.

Mermaid Hamant
04-29-2012, 09:56 AM
I absolutely LOVE my little pony!!! The season finale was awesome! I loved all of the songs! ^^

BlueMermaid
04-30-2012, 10:06 AM
I like MIL! Very cute show! I guess my son is considered a bronie since he's a teenager and watches. I watch it with him, it's cute! I have 2 rainbow dash tshirts already, so I guess I'm considered a fan. lol Although I don't really have a favorite character yet, I like her rainbow hair....lol

Nyx
04-30-2012, 04:23 PM
I'm a brony as well XD
I don't know if there are any merponies/seahorses
But I can't wait till I see one from the new generation X3

Kanti
04-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Baha
That's a relief to know it wasn't just me being weird xD I always thought the show was
really cute and I tried to get a couple friends to watch it and they were always iffy
so I wondered if it was really good or not o_O

BlueMermaid
05-01-2012, 10:12 AM
MLP on facebook has a make your own pony right now. So of course I made one...lol

malinghi
05-01-2012, 10:19 AM
Man, what are the odds that people here of all ages and genders would be interested in an immersive fantasy that's typically dismissed as being girly and just for kids?

Mermaid Sirena
05-01-2012, 12:23 PM
I've only seen the first season but I really enjoyed it!

Kanti
05-01-2012, 01:18 PM
@Blue - Eee that's super cute. I couldn't find the pony maker though, there;s a million facebook pages for it xD
Can you post a link maybe?

@Malinghi - Yea it's impressive that the show has such a following. Technically look at all the people mermaids
have brought together :')

BlueMermaid
05-01-2012, 06:11 PM
https://www.facebook.com/hubtvnetwork?sk=app_291508850910757

Sephina
05-08-2012, 09:50 PM
I'm not afraid to admit I'm a brony (or has it changed to pegasister now for girls? I can't keep up with it haha) Honestly a tail with a cutey mark really intrigues me right now.

Mermaid Aurora
07-01-2012, 01:50 PM
wooo! my little pony! i've met so many great people through mlp! so awesome to know that there are mer-bronies out there (:

Maple
07-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Man, what are the odds that people here of all ages and genders would be interested in an immersive fantasy that's typically dismissed as being girly and just for kids?

Hahahahaha, I love you Malinghi <3

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
07-01-2012, 02:26 PM
I think my favorite song so far has been Winter Wrap-Up, with the Smile Song and The Perfect Stallion coming in second and third.

Ayla of Duluth
07-01-2012, 05:07 PM
Winter wrap up winter wrap uuuup
lets spread some holiday cheer
winter wrap up winter wrap uuuup
cuz tomorrow spring is here!

Merman_Ryan
07-01-2012, 05:13 PM
I point to my signature.

Ayla of Duluth
07-01-2012, 05:25 PM
good ol Big Macintosh. eeeyup.

Merman_Ryan
07-01-2012, 05:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob6uxblqelY

Ayla of Duluth
07-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Lol he sounds more like a black guy than a country guy xD

Merman_Ryan
07-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Here was my MLP Cosplay group from Anime Mid-Atlantic last year. I'm going to try to get a Shining Armor cosplay for the fall. Here is my Breaburn cosplay along with Rarity (my girlfriend), Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2434/5853762320_62a1a040fd.jpg

Mermaid Fenicia
07-03-2012, 03:49 AM
Here is a pic of me as Fluttershy:

maimerd
06-15-2013, 12:21 PM
I love My Little Pony! Lauren Faust is by far my favorite animator! She's awesome! I've been a fan of hers since the start of "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"! I'm such a huge MLP fan in general and fan of Lauren's that I have a full tattoo sleeve of MLP;FIM in the works in Lauren's style! I currently have Rainbow Dash (my personal favorite), Princess Celestia and a third pony that I made up to be my fiancé, (he looks like Rainbow Dash but is white, grey and green with a little Claddagh cutie mark!). I'm getting the rest of the Elements of Harmony gang as well! I can't wait to get Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy added! Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy describe me to a T! They are literally my own personality! I'm also getting Spike next to Princess Twilight Sparkle (I'm getting Twilight as her Princess persona, rather than how she was when the show started because unicorn pegasi are my personal favorite). I'm also getting the WonderBolts in the background! If you'd like I can make an album on my profile and show you my sleeve as it gets worked on! :)

Ponytales
06-16-2013, 08:30 PM
I'm kinda obviously an older gen fan I guess. The new show is...cute... but I'm not really a fan of the new culture that has sprung up around it, or the widespread disdain for older collectors/generations despite the 'love and tolerate' catchphrases being pushed by newer fans. I'm all for new people joining a pre-established fandom, but you gotta let us play too :<

maimerd
06-16-2013, 09:39 PM
I don't think there's such a problem with the new generation of MLP fans. They're just a new culture, plain and simple. I've never run into any such problem with any of the new fans, where they wouldn't "allow" fans of the first generation MLP celebrate their fondness of the franchise. Just because there are very few dramatic fans of the new generation, doesn't mean they're all like that. I'm a fan from the first generation and I greatly appreciate the new generation as well, because I appreciate the creator of the current animation (Friendship is Magic). There are great messages in all of the generations of MLP, and to be able to pass that down to my nieces, nephews and future children is a great honor to me because I grew up with the first generation and now they get to grow up with it as well. As far as the "love and tolerate" message goes, I personally believe it is a fantastic message. It's all an interpretation and everyone is allowed to interpret things as they will. I personally like the message of "love and tolerance" because it teaches my nieces not to bully others. I love that message, it's something everyone, in my opinion, should practice. Noone should be told to feel bad about the things they like.

Azurin Luna
06-17-2013, 03:00 AM
I've seen both generations of My Little Pony, and I resendy started to rewatch the first ones, but for some reason I hate the pitch of the voices they used. I also make My little Pony plushies and the money I earn with it is going to an embroidery machine so I can make even better eyes and cutey marks :D

maimerd
06-17-2013, 09:22 AM
I've seen both generations of My Little Pony, and I resendy started to rewatch the first ones, but for some reason I hate the pitch of the voices they used. I also make My little Pony plushies and the money I earn with it is going to an embroidery machine so I can make even better eyes and cutey marks :D

Oh man you make plushies! Do you have an etsy shop? You should check out brother's machines. They're really really good.

Azurin Luna
06-18-2013, 06:35 AM
No, I don't have an etsy shop yet, but I have a few photo's on my deviantart site and on facebook. I'm going to set everything up a little more profesional so that I have a price list and options to chose from

maimerd
06-18-2013, 02:13 PM
No, I don't have an etsy shop yet, but I have a few photo's on my deviantart site and on facebook. I'm going to set everything up a little more profesional so that I have a price list and options to chose from

Good luck! I hope it all works out for you! :)

Mermaid Varshana
06-18-2013, 02:31 PM
The minute you start selling, you're going to make a killing. I've heard of handmade plushies auctioning off for $400+.

Azurin Luna
06-18-2013, 05:01 PM
Yeah, white dove on deviantart is one of the best pony makers

PhaylennMurúch
06-22-2013, 04:57 PM
I do so love MLP, all MLP. I collected them as a kid and love the new series. At first I was leery because I didn't want them to rehash my childhood but FIM is lovely in it's own right. I did find it interesting what they did with the cutie marks because up until FIM ponies were born with their cutie marks but now they 'earn' them when they find their talent

when I was a kid, Baby Pearly was my favorite. I still have her

Azurin Luna
06-24-2013, 06:43 AM
That's a cute one :D

maimerd
06-24-2013, 10:55 AM
I do so love MLP, all MLP. I collected them as a kid and love the new series. At first I was leery because I didn't want them to rehash my childhood but FIM is lovely in it's own right. I did find it interesting what they did with the cutie marks because up until FIM ponies were born with their cutie marks but now they 'earn' them when they find their talent

when I was a kid, Baby Pearly was my favorite. I still have her

Oh my gosh! She is just too cute! You kept really good care of her! Her hair looks in perfect condition. I had a rainbow dash and her mane and tail were completely matted. I played with her so much. I remember when McDonald's were putting them in happy meals and I got everyone except the one I wanted and my dad went around to every McDonald's in the state to find it for me. I don't remember if we got it, but I just remember how hard he looked for me.

PhaylennMurúch
06-24-2013, 01:30 PM
a good shampoo and conditioner works wonders on pony manes and tails

Ponytales
06-26-2013, 08:13 PM
A dab of fabric softener combed through and left overnight has never failed me on pony hair, doll hair, or even costume wigs. You can also use a low temp hair straightener on most all real MLP hair to fix severe frizzies.

I had a baby Pearly too! Also a little purple seapony with cottony white hair, they were my favorites (though the differences between them baffled little me) Sadly the little purple one I discovered was full of mildew, I didn't take her in water much but most of my ponies were secondhand so it could have been her first owner. Her hair had to be completely removed and re-rooted, now she has long white silky hair.

I've become a little obsessed with buying up Ebay lots of old beat up attic ponies and cleaning them, rerooting/repainting when necessary. Whenever I had too many I'd sell the new clean ones to a local girl with a vintage toy shop who usually kept half of each sale for her own collection. At one point I had over 200, though right now, counting all generations and Petite/Ponyville/blindbag ponies I have around 120 (half are smaller than 2" so its not nearly as much as it sounds!)

....My boyfriend also has one of each of the G4 characters, because he saw one season of the cartoon and he has this weird thing of needing the toy/figure of any show or movie he sees. He blames me for the suddenly rainbow colored corner of his action figure wall.

PhaylennMurúch
06-26-2013, 08:26 PM
I think baby pearly and the other one of her kind were "fancy mermaid ponies" vs the earlier generation of aquatic ponies who didn't have the detail BUT came with floaties so they didn't just sink to the bottom.

I do some customs for people on occasion, rerooting hair takes so much freaking time

Mermaid Dottie
06-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Okay, okay.... I turned it on to see if it would hold the baby's attention. Instead, it held mine. For three seasons in 2 weeks.
I LOVED the opening and closing sets of each season, especially when Twilight sings about her bbbff. I cried, because I miss my bbbff.
Although, Shining Armor is a cheeeeeesy name.