PDA

View Full Version : MAY MERNETWORK CHALLENGE: THOSE UNFAMILIAR WITH THE MERFOLK COMMUNITY

malinghi
04-27-2012, 03:07 PM
MerNetwork is proud to announce our May MerNetwork Challenge: Those Unfamiliar with the Merfolk Community

The theme: You're challenged to make a video, photo, drawing, or song that's for or about people who have never heard of recreational mermaiding or merfolk costuming. Be creative! Just make something that relates to the theme of people who are unfamiliar with the merfolk community.

One new part of the challenge though: please try to make something new for the challenge. Often people just post photos they already have with an explanation of how it relates to the theme. I'd love for everyone to push themselves to be creative and make something new!

The rules:
- Make an original video, photo, drawing or song relating to the theme.
- To submit your entry, simply post it or link it in this thread.
- The deadline for submission is May 14th, at which point the polls will open in this thread.
- Polls will close one week later, on May 21st, at which point the winner will be announced.
- Good Luck and Have Fun!

Explanation for those unfamiliar with MerNetwork Challenges- MerNetwork Challenges are a sort of game we can all play together, where everyone is given a theme to work with, and encouraged to make something based on that theme. The winner is chosen by a vote. There's no prize, its just for fun. In the past the winner was posted on the front page, but I'm going to be redesigning the front page, so I don't think I'm going to be posting the winner from this on there.

If you have any questions you can post them here.

Syrenia
04-27-2012, 03:26 PM
lol I'm so on it. ^^

Bellasea
04-27-2012, 03:40 PM
it is my first challenge so I have a question.
Do I post the final entry here?

malinghi
04-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Everyone, let me know what you think of the new rule I added- that it should be something new that is relevant to the challenge. A lot of people often post pictures they already have. I didn't want to make too many rules for this, but I'd really like to encourage people to be creative and create something. Let me know what you think.

Also, yes Bellasea, you just post your submission here.

Bellasea
04-27-2012, 10:02 PM
thank you and I like the new rule. :)

MermaidHaru
05-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Ooh! I'm interested in this!

Artisankatie
05-15-2012, 06:52 PM
MERMAIDENS, ASSEMBLEEEEEEE!

Gem Stone
05-16-2012, 12:09 PM
my cousin when i told him about my being a mer

Gem Stone
05-16-2012, 12:22 PM
and sorry that came out so huge :$

Everyone said they were so excited about is but then no one posted stuff..is everyone ok?

malinghi
06-07-2012, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I don't really know why there was so little activity for this. Maybe we could try again another time.

Spindrift
06-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Maybe instead of monthly they can be ongoing? And the challenges don't necessarily have to have a winner. People can just post in their signatures the number of challenges they've participated in, or something, as if they were quests? Or maybe "quests" can be something different, like making an accessory with parts from only the dollar store.

I would like to participate in this one though. I just need to come up with an idea, haha.

Mermaid Sirena
06-12-2012, 12:44 PM
I want to participate but until school is done I just don't have the time :( However 1 more term and I'll be done!

Merman Craig (Delphinar)
06-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Here's my entry. "Free the mer that is sleeping inside you."

Coastal Mist
06-19-2012, 09:54 PM
I had the perfect idea for this! if only i had the idea in time...haha well, i hope i can enter a challenge soon! i think this is a very cute idea, but imagine... a mermaid lying down on her side with small child standing next to her, the mermaid takes her hand and lets the child "feel" her tail (i imagine a child would want to do that). that would be a cute picture! if only...

Shipwrecked Blue
06-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Wow. I wish I'd been able to do this. I only joined at the beginning of May, so this would have been perfect. However, I just signed a lease for my first apartment, got a new job, and am finishing planning for my wedding. I've unfortunately been too busy. :(

Spindrift
06-24-2012, 06:40 AM
I believe the challenge is still open...?