PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid nicknames

Nyx
04-30-2012, 05:05 PM
So a few nights ago I was talking to my bf, and when he said good night he called me his "little mermaid"
I thought that was pretty cute, so it got me wondering ....
What nick names do you lovely mers get called?
Any cute, funny, or down right strange mer-related nickname :D
From anyone! family, friends, co-workers, even strangers.

Mermaid Marissa
04-30-2012, 06:24 PM
my name means mermaid lol :lol: but I have been called little Marissa (instead of the little mermaid) by the guy who sold me the paint that is going on my latex scale top :p My gay friend called me rainbow mer once

Mermaid Dottie
04-30-2012, 07:00 PM
none yet... Well, I guess "the Mermaid Lady" counts, right?

Nyx
04-30-2012, 07:58 PM
@Marissa ahahahaha, I like the sound of rainbow mer, it somehow reminds me of a fish, I can't help picturing a rainbow trout XD
@dottie it counts in my book XD

Nemefish
04-30-2012, 08:54 PM
my brother use to be skinnier than i am and he called me manatee mermaid -__- yea i know hes a jerk >X(
so now hes fatter and im going haha whose laughing now XP thats what you get for being mean to others. Justice :D

Ayla of Duluth
04-30-2012, 09:09 PM
My boyfriend calls me his mermaid goddess. My friends all call me a freak. xD

Mermaid Marissa
04-30-2012, 09:25 PM
My boyfriend calls me his mermaid goddess. My friends all call me a freak. xD

I know exactly how you feel! I have some friends that think mermaiding is the coolest (and they are the ones making tails with me)! While my other friends think I'm weird as hell and don't understand why tails cost so much money :p (ignorance)

Bellasea
04-30-2012, 09:42 PM
A lot of people now refer to me as "the mermaid," but they don't do it in a very nice way. :(

Ayla of Duluth
04-30-2012, 10:32 PM
The hall monitors at my school call me "horsetail" because I drive horse carriages and I design mermaid tails. My government teacher calls me Jingle Bells because I designed a tail for her that had an anklet made of bells to hide the foot pockets of the tail.

New York Mermaid
04-30-2012, 10:51 PM
My hubby calls me his "dolphin girl", i keep correcting him, telling him im more mermaid than dolphin. He says " you have that carefree yet amazed reaction, not to mention shiny object syndrome, so your still a dolphin" I think it also goes back to the fact that i can not only swim circles around him but i squeal when i get super excited about anything.

Nyx
05-01-2012, 07:32 PM
All these nicknames I am finding amusing XD
I haven't been a mermaid long enough to get any negative comments,
but if someone were to give me a nickname as a bit of an insult, I would just smile brightly and be my sweetest.
People call you names to hurt, it kind of defeats the purpose this way XD

jukumerboii
05-01-2012, 08:51 PM
every one in my gay fam calls me either Ariel or merman/mermboy. they say they love my imagination1 lol

Nyx
05-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Ahhahaa, I guess it does XD

WavyMermaidy
05-15-2012, 09:00 PM
My hubby calls me all sorts of lovely mermaid names, i.e. "mermaid goddess" and such (he's totally awesome). A good friend of mine called me "lady of the water" recently. Thankfully most of my friends and family are very understanding and sweetly supportive of my mermaid and other "quirky" interests. Haven't been called anything by strangers, but there again I haven't gone out in a tail just yet. Looking forward to it though ;)

Maple
05-15-2012, 11:41 PM
My hubby called me his Petit Poisson

sunrise
05-15-2012, 11:54 PM
My family members call me fish girl, but only two know about my tail, the rest know that I'm obsessed with swimming though XD

Gem Stone
05-16-2012, 12:08 PM
ive been called fish, half fish, idiot, crazy, hero (i was told 'my hero' from some lady after i dove down twenty five feet in a tail to get her sunglasses), and 'the nice fishy' by shy little kids

MermaidRaegan
05-16-2012, 05:49 PM
My boyfriend calls me his Sea Singer after one of his favorite Magic: The Gathering card. Basically the card's effect only works in the opponent is using a water deck. Ergo, it's a mermaid who enchants a man who loves the water. :P I can never decide if it's extremely nerdy, extremely cute, or both.

Mermaid Saphira
05-16-2012, 07:24 PM
I have been called by my dad his "little mermaid", My friends recently started calling me simply "mermaid" and often times my mom will call me her "little fish"

Mermaid Miel
05-17-2012, 11:54 AM
I used to get badly teased in High school... When People called me weird (the ult insult in 2001-04) I would laugh at them.
They complained that I was different, my response was I would rather be weird than be a boring normal like them.

So, a nickame for anyone who rags on you for being a mermaid, SARA LEE.
Sedentary And Regular And Like Everyone Else.

However I (and all of us here) am a Weird Mermaid!
Wonderfully Eccentric In a Recreational Direction, Magnificentally Exploring Realms Marine As an Imaginative Dreamer. :D

After/during our swimming. David and I would drink Powerade. He would always get Mango while I can't decide between Lime or Blueberry. Our little nicknames for eachother from that are Mango-breath and Lime-lips. :$

Nyx
05-19-2012, 11:10 AM
I used to get badly teased in High school... When People called me weird (the ult insult in 2001-04) I would laugh at them.
They complained that I was different, my response was I would rather be weird than be a boring normal like them.

So, a nickame for anyone who rags on you for being a mermaid, SARA LEE.
Sedentary And Regular And Like Everyone Else.

However I (and all of us here) am a Weird Mermaid!
Wonderfully Eccentric In a Recreational Direction, Magnificentally Exploring Realms Marine As an Imaginative Dreamer. :D

After/during our swimming. David and I would drink Powerade. He would always get Mango while I can't decide between Lime or Blueberry. Our little nicknames for eachother from that are Mango-breath and Lime-lips. :$

This ^
Is great -claps-
andd that is so cute XD

Prince Calypso
05-21-2012, 12:01 AM
my Ex use to call me his little damsel fish cause he said he was always having to save me from something or other.
my friends call me fishie or fishlips
my daddy calls me sea prince.

lol the first time the guy i'm flirting with got to hang out with me i walked up and he was like "Oooh Barracuda!"

Ashe
09-02-2012, 12:34 AM
A lot of people now refer to me as "the mermaid," but they don't do it in a very nice way. :(
At least im not the only one... but, i guess it revealed to me how mean and nasty the girls i used to hang out with are. So i guess that counts for something good :)