PDA

View Full Version : Gloves

Mermaid Dottie
04-30-2012, 06:20 PM
I know that the lovely Sora Dancing Mermaid wears gloves, but I was wondering if anyone else did, or would?

I'm about to make some, so......

Yeah?

How long would they be if you wore mermaid gloves?

EDIT: I'm making Silicone scale gloves as a kind of pre-test to making a silicone tail.

Mermaid Dottie
04-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Also, would your gloves have fancy arm fins coming off or no?

Kanti
04-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Arm fins would be awesome! The gloves would also help them look really nice and elegant O:
I'd probably try to blend them in with small scales and make the arm fin the centerpiece.

Do you have any photos of Sora's gloves?

LittleTreasure
04-30-2012, 07:01 PM
I've been tossing around the idea of making fingerless webbed fabric gloves/armwarmer things to wear with my tail. Don't know if that would look silly though. :p I think if the silicone ones were clear near the hand they would look pretty, with scales climbing up the arm then fading out.
Kanti is right, fins on the arm would look really cool.

Mermaid Dottie
04-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Arm fins would be awesome! The gloves would also help them look really nice and elegant O:
I'd probably try to blend them in with small scales and make the arm fin the centerpiece.

Do you have any photos of Sora's gloves?

No, I don't, but there are some cute pictures of her at MerCon and she got together with Mermaid Shelly recently; great pics on her facebook.

Mermaid Dottie
04-30-2012, 07:07 PM
I've been tossing around the idea of scales climbing the arm as well, Kanti, you could figure something like that out, right?

Kanti
04-30-2012, 07:18 PM
I only have a fin done.
I plan on casting it soon but I planned on making it stick straight to the arm with spirit gum/
hypoallergenic latex.

You could technically just put scales over the latex piece that you use to adhere it to your arms
or simply blend it into your skin

AniaR
04-30-2012, 07:19 PM
I really want those silicone swim gloves that are like webbed fingers but I cant seem to get them shipped here :(

Kanti
04-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Which ones, Raina?

AniaR
04-30-2012, 07:32 PM
these--------> http://www.amazon.com/KF-Silicone-Swim-Gloves-L/dp/B0057LU7PA/ref=sr_1_20?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1311485432&sr=1-20 I tried buying them from this link but they wont ship to me, and I cant find these specific ones on any Canadian sites, they're all just fabric ones or coloured ones. I'd like to try and tint these- though Im sure everyone else would too haha

It's been pointed out I am not the best mer-swimmer, and I am thinking with these and a weight belt I might be able to improve :D

Kanti
04-30-2012, 07:45 PM
That's so strange o_o
I wonder why so many places like to screw Canada over lol

Like I offered before, I could always ship them to you if you'd like~

Mermaid Dottie
04-30-2012, 08:22 PM
I'd like those gloves better if they made them go up the hand a little more. Mermaasai posted a really interesting video on how to make something similar.

Sea Pearl
04-30-2012, 08:55 PM
I think the gloves could be a very interesting addition to a mermaid look and outfit. I would totally go for it! What colours were you thinking of?

Mermaid Dottie
04-30-2012, 09:00 PM
any colors. Ideally they would match your tail... but I really have no idea what I'm doing and am really just experimenting. I just don't like having pointless samples lying around, so I try to make something out of them if I can.

Mermaid Rillia
05-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Kanti, when you figure out how the whole arm fin thing works could you let me know? I want to make them but i dont know where to draw the line at how heavy the latex can be before its too heavy to adhere to your arm.