PDA

View Full Version : Announcement

AniaR
07-24-2011, 05:52 PM
Hi everyone!
I regret to say I won't be able to purchase a MVD tail as originally planned. This has nothing to do with Mike I think his work is amazing. Originally I was fine with waiting until 2012 but I recently have had an influx of bookings and I don't believe my current tail is up to the task. I have the possibility of something GIANT in Sept that would see me on the world stage if it goes through... and with international attention on me I do not want to be wearing a mertailor tail.
So I contacted my sponsors who have helped me fundraise for my MVD tail. I had almost enough but in order to get the tail I wanted in time I'd need to afford a rush order which I can't, and also I know Mike isn't taking new orders. So I sent him a polite email telling him my opportunity in hopes he'll understand and in high hopes I'll still be able to purchase from him in the future.

Thanks to one of my contacts I have found a new up and coming tail maker whose work simply blows my mind. We're talking super realistic with tails that rival current tail makers on the market. They only make tails for select clients as they're a lot like Mike- got a lot on the go, but 1 look through their gallery has me thrilled. I'm not going to tell you who it is until I have the tail to show, and even then I might wait a bit. I want to surprise you all and if you go off googling it'll ruin the surprise ;) but this will be epic!

I sent this person a big email explaining my sitch to see if they could make me a tail in time and to my specific design an ideas and needs. Not only are they prepared to do it all they're going it for a very reasonable price and even offered to send me swatches of the work so I can see and feel for myself! Progress photos too. They're only going to work on my tail and I believe 1 other of a different style for the time being. Again, a lot like Mike. Just a busy artist who needs to keep things in line. I contacted some of their other customers as well all with great reviews.

It's going to take pretty much the full amount of money I have raised, but I am still going to raise money for the other mers out there who are trying to raise money for a tail. I ran this by my supporters and they all agree :) and I am still donating my old tail in Sept to another mer!

I am very excited about this new development. You know the artist is good if I give up on a MVD tail for the time being! But with the opportunities in my future I just can't afford to wait and I dont think I'd be able to raise/save enough fast enough! I will keep you posted on things, but in about 6 weeks I will hopefully have a brand spanking new AMAZING tail!!!

Princess Kae-Leah
07-24-2011, 05:58 PM
That is so outrageous Raina! *Mer-hugs* Congrats on becoming such a famous mer! Honestly, I wouldn't mind meeting you some day and getting your autograph, you just may become bigger than Hannah Fraser and Linden!

Mermaid Jewel
07-24-2011, 06:47 PM
I'm so happy for you! :) I can't wait to see your newww tailll! :D

AniaR
07-24-2011, 07:07 PM
you just may become bigger than Hannah Fraser and Linden! LOL I doubt that! Those women do it full time all the time, I have other things to do!!! But I'd love to meet Linden some day!

New York Mermaid
07-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Yaya I cant wait to see the new tailand OMG the suspence is killing me :)

AniaR
07-24-2011, 08:43 PM
im really excited I feel like its been such a long time coming! years of sub-par tails...

mermaid hannah
07-24-2011, 09:40 PM
im so happy for you raina! i can't wait to see pics of the new tail! get the pictures up soon!

Spindrift
07-24-2011, 09:55 PM
That's amazing! Really happy for you and can't wait for updates :) Also I'm very curious to who the tailmaker is. :P

Princess Kae-Leah
07-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Raina, the tailmaker wouldn't be Emily Angelfish by any chance would it? I noticed on her website that she now has a really nice-looking line of high-end latex tails.

AniaR
07-24-2011, 10:44 PM
sorry, you'll all have to wait and see....

OrcaMatt
07-25-2011, 12:09 AM
Saw the post on Yuku two hours ago and head STILL asploding. Seriously you can't post tantalizing mysteries like that! When I saw the first 'mystery material' post on the ALEX tail thread on Yuku that was like, my whole day trying to figure out what it was :p Going to be going nuts for weeks now, I'm sure! Congratulations though!!

*twitch* Ok...................so it is somebody from Yuku or a person largely unknown to the community? I can't believe there'd be somebody doing work like that flying so far under the radar! I have two theories.

jukumerboii
07-25-2011, 03:29 AM
OMYGODFISH!! Raina i swear u deserve every mer-thing that is coming ur way,,i've followed since i found yuku and on fb,,i cant even put into words of how excited i am for u right now,,,i wish u the best of luck in everything u do!

AniaR
07-25-2011, 10:25 AM
You guys are so funny. I asked them to send me progress pics so I may post a few when I get them and the guessing game can continue

AniaR
07-25-2011, 02:39 PM
I can't get over the customer service from this person! Obviously from my past experiences I'm pretty nervous, I've been messaging them like crazy asking questions and sending ideas and they're being sooo patient with me!! @_@

Siren
07-25-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm so excited for you! You deserve every scale of it!!!

Nessadelle
07-26-2011, 10:41 AM
This is so exciting, Raina! I cannot wait to see the new tail and progress photos! :)

AniaR
07-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Me either! I'm going with silicone this time! I'm hoping the extra weight will help me sink a bit better, but I've also been working my butt off at the gym hoping to gain more muscle too. I believe it's going to have a competitor monofin for a nice big fluke but I remember Doreen saying they worked the best in the ocean. Sept is when our ocean water is the warmest for about 2 weeks it's like bath water and I'd love to finally actually swim in aside from splashing around in the surf.

I have a lot of gigs still lined up with the mertailor tail, I'm going to try and do 1 or 2 more photoshoot send offs, and then I'm going to re-paint it and make sure it's in top condition when I give it away! The girl I am giving it to is from my city and the only other local mer I know. She made a tail but it's pretty heavy! We're going to do a photoshoot with the two of us together and I'm hoping to book her with me for future gigs :)

MermaidRaven
07-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Raina, the tailmaker wouldn't be Emily Angelfish by any chance would it? I noticed on her website that she now has a really nice-looking line of high-end latex tails.

Kae-Leah: Please do not take any offense but WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE BUY ONE OF THOSE TAILS FROM HER?! She clearly just fallowed the threads on mer.yuku and is making tails using all the info all of us worked really hard to develop and shes taking credit for it? also shes charging "$945.00 Total for U.S " That is retarded. Eric's latex tails are only $575.00 and thats WITH the recent price jump. At least Eric has been making tails for years, she has been making nothing but fabric tails until conveniently around the same time realistic tail tutorials pop up. I have proven you can make a realistic tail for under $400.00 and thats it you buy absolutely everything extra. You CAN make a tail for less but cutting out costs like airbrush and compressor ect.

Sorry this just really pisses me off.

mermaid hannah
07-26-2011, 11:35 PM
i agree with you raina!

Princess Kae-Leah
07-27-2011, 12:20 AM
@Raven, ooh that really sucks, I'm sorry! I must confess that I'm strictly a spandex mermaid and don't know much about realistic latex tails and the processes of making them, I just say pictures of some tails that looked aesthetically pleasing to me and that's as far as it goes.
BTW, all that said, please don't use the word "retarded" any more, at least not on this forum! I'm developmentally disabled(Asperger's Syndrome, to be exact!) and to a lot of us it's really no different than using the infamous N-word for people with dark skin. There's now a campaign to encourage people to stop using the "R-word", even when the context has nothing to do with developmental disabilities. You're a mermaid that I have admired and respected for a long time, and to see you use such an awful word so casually is hurtful, even though I'm sure you didn't mean it to offend me that way.
www.r-word.org (http://www.r-word.org)
I don't want to cause more drama for the mer-community(goodness knows we need that like we all need bicycles, hehe!), but of all the social issues I care about, the one that's nearest and dearest to my heart is disabled rights.

Mermaid Sirena
07-27-2011, 09:56 AM
My google skills fail extreamly in this case, I hate not knowing things but I'm super excited to see this new tail and have thing tail maker introduced to the mercommunity! They must be something to rival MVD! You deserve all the wonderful amazing things that are coming you way!

AniaR
07-27-2011, 11:21 AM
kae-leah im totally guilty of accidentally saying retarded as a slur because I heard it so much on the school yard growing up. I work hard not to say it especially given my field of study and work but sometimes it pops out too! It's a very taboo thing in my education program because some people feel the word should have no power, some people feel it does, and it still turns up in academic publications and the DSM from time to time... eep

raven, I get ya. It only cost you 50 max to send me my tail from you to Canada so 150 is too much. I have nothing against emily, I dont think her tail is that nice to sell for that much, but I will say it bothers me when people lurk the forums and take our hard earned efforts and dont have the time to pop in and say hello you know? it's one thing if this was a video tutorial, or a stagnate website where you couldnt say anything but it would be nice if people joined the community instead of just taking from it.

Sirena- thanks for all your kind words Im really excited!!! it's been years to get to this point and I know this artist wont let me down!!

EVERYONE ELSE I totally appreciate you all sending me messages asking for the contact of this person and I know they are flattered by it, but they are all ready in high demand and take a select number of clients just like Mike. They specifically asked me to keep them anonymous for the time being so they dont get overwhelmed with tail orders and I doubt they'll be taking anymore until late fall or winter if they do. All I can do is pass on your interest. part of my agreement with the person is that I would not give out their contact unless they say so. So if you message me all im going to do is pass it on.

I appreciate how excited everyone is for another tail maker it's great to have options, but you haven't even SEEN the tail yet hehe :)

OrcaMatt
07-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Still about 30% sure it's Raven. Theory Three is off the table. Still giving Thom Shouse about 15% probability. Rest goes to This Other Guy From Facebook.

Spindrift
07-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Lol I'm re-thinking my theories.

AniaR
07-27-2011, 01:37 PM
lol are you guys running around asking everyone :P

OrcaMatt
07-27-2011, 01:50 PM
No no, just a little deductive reasoning and detective work!

And wanton speculation.

AniaR
07-27-2011, 01:52 PM
well I havent told a soul who it is :3 so good luck. lol Only my BF knows. and heeee is not a FB or mer-community user

MermaidRaven
07-27-2011, 02:40 PM
kae-leah: My bad I apologize.

Matt: You think its me? lol Well for starters I don't/haven't made any silicone tails all my tails have been latex. I have offered to make Raina a lovely neoprene tail but right now thats all I would have the time to make. Tail making is SO MUCH WORK I barely want to finish my own tails let alone make them for other people. I still haven't even finished meshpas new tails.

But I will say Im just as curious as the rest of you and Im hoping when I see progress pics ill be able to get a better idea who it might be.

OrcaMatt
07-27-2011, 02:59 PM
Matt: You think its me? lol Well for starters I don't/haven't made any silicone tails all my tails have been latex.Well, I thought you had done silicone, but yes, definitely an initial 'suspect'.

AniaR
07-27-2011, 03:26 PM
LOL. Wait til you see process pics, then you'll really be hopping

Princess Kae-Leah
07-27-2011, 04:49 PM
@Raina, that's OK, most people are! I heard it on the schoolyard all the time too when I was a kid.

@Raven, apology accepted, dahling!

Spindrift
07-27-2011, 10:03 PM
@OrcaMatt: It's definitely not Thom Shouse!

OrcaMatt
07-27-2011, 10:35 PM
@OrcaMatt: It's definitely not Thom Shouse!I dunno....big breakthrough international gig...mysterious sponsor with a budget, or at least good fundraising capabilities. Given that, where would you go if you wanted MVD but MVD was off the table? 'Select clients'? Great customer service?

'New, up and coming tail maker' could just be a clever misdirection! Ok, it's the longshot, but it makes sense on some level!

~Serendipity~
07-28-2011, 03:02 AM
Oh! Raina! Congrats to you! On the mysterious new tail-to-be, on all the great gigs coming your way, on all the wonderful things that have been happening for you!
It's been very exciting to watch your fame grow and to cheer you on from behind the scenes!

And I, like everyone else, cannot WAIT to see the magical you in your beautiful new tail! The suspense is agonizing! ;)

happyguava
07-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Congrats Raina, that's so exciting!! Oh man, the suspense is killing me!! Can't wait to find out who it is, and more importantly to see your amazing new tail!! :D

Taniwha
07-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Can't wait for photos! Are you still getting the splash tail?

AniaR
07-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Im going with a splash theme tail, completely 100% custom and a ZIPPER lol , with a dorsal fin too! :) silicone, be giant monofin, LOL.Im kinda excited. it's all I am talking about right now can't wait to show progress pics!

Maple
07-29-2011, 01:03 PM
You're dangling a carrot in front of our noses! Can't wait to see it!

AniaR
07-29-2011, 01:32 PM
maple I love your avatar photo. I need to get to BC to see the orcas big time :)

mermaid hannah
07-29-2011, 02:00 PM
i have great pictures of orcas that i took the other day on a whale watching trip, and raina will you pleaseeeeeeee tell us not even a hint? or progress pictures?

AniaR
07-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Hehe :) I have only just finished working out all the design details and payment etc with the maker. they are waiting on a few things ordered to come in and then I will post progress pics. Raven;s being a doll too shes making a new top for me that was gonna match my mertailor tail but now it's scrapped in favour for one for this and ive been emailing her like mad XD hopefully I get a colour pallet soon the paint will be metallic HOW COOL IS THAT

jukumerboii
07-30-2011, 03:54 AM
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP!!! the wait is killing me BIG TIME!!

AniaR
07-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Help me get to 800 fans and process pics coming your way ;) <3

Taylor is a Mermaid
07-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Okay I pressed like where are my process pics? *grabby hands* :p

Spindrift
07-30-2011, 06:45 PM
I dunno....big breakthrough international gig...mysterious sponsor with a budget, or at least good fundraising capabilities. Given that, where would you go if you wanted MVD but MVD was off the table? 'Select clients'? Great customer service?

'New, up and coming tail maker' could just be a clever misdirection! Ok, it's the longshot, but it makes sense on some level!

Yeah but I don't think Thom Shouse has done silicone before... Also, I don't think Raina would lie/consciously misdirect. She seems too sweet for that. :P

AniaR
07-30-2011, 09:43 PM
Well, all I said is I wouldn`t tell. I didn`t say yes or no to anyone`s ideas :P no lying, but Im a slippery fish

Maple
08-03-2011, 03:02 AM
maple I love your avatar photo. I need to get to BC to see the orcas big time :)

Darling if you are ever out this way you are welcome in my home as long as we go for a swim together somewhere!

MermaidSaku
08-03-2011, 04:06 AM
Dies of excitement. i want to seeee :O !!!

Mermaid Saphira
08-03-2011, 10:46 AM
i'm sooooooooooo xited to see! man o man do i want to see! ahh i'm gonna go crazy! when r the progress pics gonna b up? O_o

AniaR
08-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Maple- AGREED :)

Im excited and dying to see too. The maker is still waiting on some materials but is going to send me concept sketches for approval and progress photos as they go. My goal is to start posting some once I reach 800 fans on FB as a way to celebrate! :)

Mermaid Sirena
08-03-2011, 12:55 PM
I have a guess, I shall not say the name but this particular person has been an active and solid meber of the community sense way before I joined and is one of the few who adored their mertailor tail with no issues and has recently posted that they are self taught in the art of tail making along with a debut vid of their first made tail. IF THE PERSON MAKING THE TAIL IS THE PERSON I THINK IT IS I SHALL FEEL VERY SMART :D and I suppose if anyone figures out who I'm talking about then they shall get a cookie :P

Odette
08-03-2011, 05:30 PM
weeee! *BIG HUGS* i wish ya the best, raina!

AniaR
08-04-2011, 11:09 AM
I wont be confirming or denying anyone until the person gives me permission to so you guys can guess away :P

just a little update:
They're receiving most of the materials just waiting on a monofin (Im getting competitor for a nice big fluke and ocean swimming woo!) they're working on building a custom mold for me and a custom fluke. I'm really excited to have a great big stiff fluke!

I've been working out at the gym non stop to accommodate the extra weight. Originally I was going to go with latex because it would be lighter and I do a lot of land events, but everything I research tells me silicone will last longer AND be better for my health sensitivities.

The tail will be a more personal spin on the splash design with the artist taking some liberties to put both our personalities into it.
It'll have a hidden zipper with a long nice dorsal fin :) It wont have as much black, the colours will be closer to the tail I have all ready with metallic flecs

These images are some of my inspiration:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qkio9o2HGcI/S1LooW7MSQI/AAAAAAAAAFo/xhedfmXUdVQ/s400/tails.jpg
from this website: http://splash1984.blogspot.com/2010/01/making-tail-behold-mermaid.html
(http://splash1984.blogspot.com/2010/01/making-tail-behold-mermaid.html)

Mermaid Jewel
08-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Mermaid Sirena-I think I know who you're talking about and I think that guess has already been denied... :D

Raina- I can't wait to see it!!!

Aquatarian
08-05-2011, 10:33 PM
It's sooo fantastic that you've gotten a chance at such a wonderful opportunity. I have only the highest hopes after all the past merdramas that have transpired.

And just to throw my own idea into the guessing pot... uhh shimmerbaby anyone?

Mermaid Saphira
08-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Mmmm...I think sahimmerbaby only does fabric tails, but that is a really good guess

Aquatarian
08-07-2011, 02:04 PM
Mmmm...I think sahimmerbaby only does fabric tails, but that is a really good guess

Not according to 707 or "Mermaids" (2003). *points at signature*

Still they've been out for a while so it may be someone else.

Taylor is a Mermaid
08-07-2011, 02:14 PM
Not according to 707 or "Mermaids" (2003). *points at signature*

Still they've been out for a while so it may be someone else.
But Shimmerbaby didn't make those, did they? I thought they got them from a movie.

Aquatarian
08-07-2011, 02:29 PM
It's possible they may have gotten them from an unknown unnamed company but not the movie because they have several different designs of the same type of tail.

According to their old website (http://shimmerbabymermaids.com/) they had the capability to turn someone into a "mermaid for a day" and took professional photos of the client in question. Plus check the gallery. They have some pretty awesome tails in there. I eve think they might have done the mermaids from that old "Capitol One No Hassle Card" where they guy drops his card into the oceans and the mermaids go ape on his bank account.

Their new website in under construction but could have gone under new management so there's a possibility it may not be them.

AniaR
08-07-2011, 04:09 PM
well, I have progress photos, that will go up when I hit 800 likes (celebrate!) on FB :) really trying to get more local fans since like 85% are international, lol. But yes, once we get to 800 I'll post progress pics and you can guess all you want :D

Aquatarian
08-07-2011, 10:02 PM
well, I have progress photos, that will go up when I hit 800 likes (celebrate!) on FB :) really trying to get more local fans since like 85% are international, lol. But yes, once we get to 800 I'll post progress pics and you can guess all you want :D

Yay! I'm so excited we are so close!!!!!!

AniaR
08-08-2011, 11:58 AM
25 likes away :D I am so stoaked for this new tail seriously, Im always checking out the other tail maker's pages and I just know it'll blow mertailor's silicone tails outta the water. Everytime I look at his all I can see are the seams at the foot pocket, and how I can still see the monofin, and the scales look sooo sloppy to me. I just know I made the right choice. :) I still think MVD's tails are amazing and hope to own one some day.

Aqua here's something weird that's happening to me today, your sig gif is only moving when I type! lol when I stop typing it stops moving. Weird eh?

MermaidSaku
08-08-2011, 12:10 PM
*chants* "I can't wait! I can't wait"

Winged Mermaid
08-10-2011, 03:47 PM
I know who it iiiis!! I figured it out! At least I'm pretty darn sure. I'll be respectful of Raina and wait until she wants to release the info though. I'm so excited for you Raina his molds look awesome!

AniaR
08-10-2011, 05:44 PM
actually, it's not that person, though he and I are in talks about something in the works that would be mutually beneficial that also isnt being posted about til he's ready. LOL as far as me keeping the person making the current tail a secret- it's at their request and because they arent able to take on any orders for a while. I'd love to tell everyone and I have feeling they'll get me to keep the secret for a bit! but good detective work my dear :)

Aquatarian
08-13-2011, 12:54 PM
25 likes away :D I am so stoaked for this new tail seriously, Im always checking out the other tail maker's pages and I just know it'll blow mertailor's silicone tails outta the water. Everytime I look at his all I can see are the seams at the foot pocket, and how I can still see the monofin, and the scales look sooo sloppy to me. I just know I made the right choice. :) I still think MVD's tails are amazing and hope to own one some day.

Aqua here's something weird that's happening to me today, your sig gif is only moving when I type! lol when I stop typing it stops moving. Weird eh?

Haha! That must have been hilarious! It must have been excited for you to type. haha :D

AniaR
08-15-2011, 01:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_WIbe42HA0

Video update!

New York Mermaid
08-15-2011, 02:06 PM
LOL cute vid thanks for the update and .. yay for more suspense :)

Mermaid Star
08-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Loved your video Raina! You are the best! Can't wait to hear more of what you have been up to. :D

MermaidAubrin
08-16-2011, 12:37 AM
For some reson I can't view the video can you post it as a link

AniaR
08-16-2011, 12:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_WIbe42HA0&feature=player_embedded

or

http://youtu.be/r_WIbe42HA0

jukumerboii
08-16-2011, 12:58 AM
oh Raina,, u and Gaga with the suspense lol

AniaR
08-16-2011, 10:20 AM
oh Raina,, u and Gaga with the suspense lol
hahaha I never thought of that! but oh man, she's got me on the edge of my seat for Thursday! woo. LOL. I hope it's a mermaid video like everyone thinks!!! Be nice if she had a better tail though...

I usually love to just blurt everything out I hate keeping secrets and I am horrible at them, even good ones makes me feel guilty. LOL so this is a real test for me too

Aquatarian
08-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Yay! I'm so excited! Thank you so much for keeping us all updated! You are amazing! ^_^

AniaR
08-18-2011, 11:41 AM
I have a process pic for you all weeeeeeee

this is a scale swatch for my new tail, these are two pieces of silicone made from a scale mold and tinted. They aren't painted yet. This was a swatch the maker sent to me so I could approve the scale design and tint colours. I wanted something similar to MVD's scales without copying ;)

this is a photo comparison between the new scales and the old

Aquatarian
08-18-2011, 11:57 AM
COOL! That's so awesome! Looks good so far I'd say. :)

Blaze
08-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Wow I really love the shape of those scales!

Winged Mermaid
08-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Love the look of those scales! They look like Raven's but I know she said she wasn't doing it. Curiouser and curiouser..

New York Mermaid
08-18-2011, 06:11 PM
Wow Raina, that tail is going to be something beautiful. I cant wait for more photos :)

happyguava
08-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Wow!!! Raina they look amazing!

jukumerboii
08-19-2011, 02:32 AM
GAAAAAGAAAAAA!!! omg those scales are AMAZING!!!

AniaR
08-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Raven is working on a top for me to match it with. I ordered it back in May but then I was like "WAAAIIT" till we see the new one. LOL

Mermaid Jewel
08-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Love the scales and the colors! Can't wait to see!!!

Mermaid Lorelei
08-26-2011, 02:04 AM
I know that I've only just officially joined mernetwork today, but I've been stalking mer.yuku for about a month and a half now and I couldn't help but join in the party. I wanted to congratulate you on your new tails and I hope they lead you into bigger and better waters.

-Mermaid Lorelei

AniaR
08-26-2011, 11:30 AM
thanks and welcome to mernetwork!

The tail is on hold til more silicone comes in the mail. Things are a little delayed. Im hoping we can make it work and finished asap since I have some big things coming up and I dont wanna be wearing my mertailor one.

AniaR
08-26-2011, 12:59 PM
http://youtu.be/ZMOdyeXolQw

new vlog update

Mermaid Saphira
08-26-2011, 04:12 PM
Good luck with everything Raina : )

New York Mermaid
08-26-2011, 04:58 PM
LOL Im moving myself, Yay for new apartments!!

I really Love the mirror, its so adorable.

Mermaid Saphira
09-02-2011, 05:39 PM
oooo when r u going to put up another update??!! I'm so excited to see your new tail!!!

AniaR
09-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Id love to put up an update but I dont have one! The tail maker has been swamped with real life and so have I :( I'm in the middle of my move, teaching, and starting school again and they've got their own stuff too so It's not going to be ready for beg of Sept like we hoped. These things just happen you cant budget time for paypal taking a super long time to process the money, or for needing more silicone etc etc. Im just going to have to begrudgingly make the mertailor tail last a wee bit longer :P it's all packed up right now but as soon as I get it unpacked I need to re-paint it and touch it up because Im shooting another cover for a paper, and I've got some birthday parties. Cydney has made me a new top to go with it so I dont have to keep wearing my black bathing suit top in the water.

I'll actually have a new vlog next week

AniaR
09-06-2011, 04:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCmpFKR7BAY

Latest vlog update

Maple
09-06-2011, 11:31 PM
Raina, you are adorable and I kind of love you a little.

AniaR
09-08-2011, 10:40 PM
haha thanks Maple!

merboy78xy
01-02-2012, 11:58 AM
hey AniaR!
I just went through this whole thread. I'm excited for you, as well as the possibility of a new tail maker on the scene. In watching your vlogs, You have a "drew berrymore" thing goin on! (which is a compliment in my book)... it reminds me of the preraphaelite women... such as the model that Waterhouse always painted. I hope everything goes as planned, and I am chompin on my fins to see the next progress pics!

AniaR
01-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Thanks, the tail in question has been delayed now for some time :( Im not sure when it'll be done so I havent got much to update with. However. dr seaweed is making me a tail too :) so I should have 2 new tails this year.

cosmo
01-05-2012, 07:07 AM
hope you have fun with your new tail
happy swimming:)

AniaR
01-24-2012, 04:01 PM
HEY EVERYBODY

My tails are almost done :D Just saying. One is from Dr Seaweed, one is from a mysterious tail maker who was delayed but now almost finished, woo woo

Mermaid Saphira
01-24-2012, 04:03 PM
^ YEA! I can't wait to see your new tails!!! You definatley deserve them :D

Aquatarian
01-24-2012, 05:01 PM
That's so exciting! I cannot wait for more updates. You have got to post some pics as soon as you can.

happyguava
01-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Can't wait to see them, Raina!

jukumerboii
01-24-2012, 07:02 PM
omg raina im soooo happy for u...all the good things that are happening to u, u deserve them!! can't wait to see u in the TWO new tails ur getting!!:D

Alveric
01-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Will that make you a two-tailed mermaid? Like Starbuck's? :D

Alveric

secret_ocean
01-31-2012, 02:07 PM
I read all these posts and feel excited as well cant wait to see it. and i agree with what was said before, you remind me of a cross between drew berrymore ((SP?)) and dakota fanning :)

AniaR
01-31-2012, 04:33 PM
THE TIME HAS COME the walrus said, to show you all my tail! To throw all theories to the wind, and tell the maker, as well.
I'll be announcing right after my gig, on my FB with a photo https://www.facebook.com/pages/Raina-the-Halifax-Mermaid/183327321702019

malinghi
01-31-2012, 05:57 PM
THE TIME HAS COME the walrus said, to show you all my tail! To throw all theories to the wind, and tell the maker, as well.
I'll be announcing right after my gig, on my FB with a photo https://www.facebook.com/pages/Raina-the-Halifax-Mermaid/183327321702019

Whoa, pretty exciting! So is this basically an announcement of a new tailmaker that none of us know about yet?

happyguava
01-31-2012, 06:04 PM
So exciting, can't wait to see it and find out who made it!

OrcaMatt
01-31-2012, 07:22 PM
Still about 30% sure it's Raven. Theory Three is off the table. Still giving Thom Shouse about 15% probability. Rest goes to This Other Guy From Facebook.So, what do I win?

AniaR
01-31-2012, 07:28 PM
http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/thefineart/rt1.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad266/thefineart/rt21.jpg

So many of you guessed right, Raven made my tail. Im sorry we fibbed ;) hope you can understand this was all a bit of an experiment :D and Raven didn't want everyone asking for tails right away til she knew she could do em (is there ever any doubt?)

She did an amazing job, once I've had a chance to wear it and swim I'll write up a big review :) I named my tail RAPIDASH

She's not finished in this photo, still sorta behind the scenes here ;)

happyguava
01-31-2012, 07:48 PM
I said it on facebook, but AMAZING. It's soooo beautiful, you must be thrilled!!

malinghi
01-31-2012, 07:58 PM
Daaaaang. That's a nice tail. Super psyched for you and Raven.

Mermaid Lorelei
01-31-2012, 07:59 PM
Wonderful!

Mermaid Sirena
01-31-2012, 08:06 PM
RAPIDASH POKEMON FOREVER!

Sorry..... So now that I've I had enough time to restart my brain from seeing the pictures and realizing that I can put [Buy a tail from Raven] back on my to do list I just have to say:

OMG IT'S THE PRETTIEST TAIL IN THE WORLD AND YOU ARE SO LUCKY AND TOTALLY DESERVE IT AND IT'S AWESOME AND GLORIOUS AND SO YOU AND -SQUEEEEEEE- -JUMPS UP AND DOWN IN CIRCLES OF PURE EXCITEMENT- I really can't contain my joy for you and the beauty of the tail. I'm gonna go run around the house now ^_^

Neria
01-31-2012, 09:33 PM
CONGRATS! Hooray Raina! I am so happy for happy for you! Your tail is beautiful! :yay:

Aquatarian
01-31-2012, 09:40 PM
Gah! Nothing but amazing! That it so awesome! And major 90s nostalgia from the nickname. haha

I can't wait to see a picture of you in it.

AniaR
01-31-2012, 09:43 PM
yeah me too, she wont be mailing it til next Monday, still some painting to go and a water test to make sure it all holds up! :D Then it comes to me and I'll be giving my old one to a local mermaid :)

Mermaid Star
01-31-2012, 10:05 PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! I am so happy for you. You are so deserving of the most beautiful tail ever! I can't wait to see how it swims. I am sure it will be wonderful!

AniaR
01-31-2012, 10:25 PM
it's got a solid fluke so it's already miles beyond what Im used to LOL. competitor monofin too, wooo

-Annwyn-
01-31-2012, 10:55 PM
Again, lovely tail Raina! I don't get what the deal is with naming a tail though. It's a bit like naming your arm or your right eye! :P But good on you anyway!

jukumerboii
01-31-2012, 11:01 PM
omg raina im soooo happy for you!! that tail is a work of art..raven u did a fin-tastic job with this tail and i know once u open up for business for real for real,,u go hit BANK girl!!!

Mermaid Jewel
02-01-2012, 12:59 AM
It's amazing and I think it'll look absolutely gorgeous on you <3 it's a work of art itself ^.^

Nate Walis
02-01-2012, 07:24 AM
The sheer level of detail on that thing is incredible.

Alveric
02-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Uber-cool. You'll look fantastic in it.

Alveric2

Mermaid Saphira
02-01-2012, 12:46 PM
CONGRATS Raina!!! The tail is beautiful!!! I knew all along it was Raven :lol:
I do hope all goes well with the swim, I'm very interested in getting a tail from her! <3

Gem Stone
02-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Tht tail is amazing!

AniaR
02-01-2012, 09:45 PM

Raven is also making me this top whoo whoo she'll be selling them for other people on etsy

Lorelei
02-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Raven it's gorgeous! I'm so glad you finally got the tail you deserve. <3 You have to post a picture of you in it once you get it! :D

Maple
02-03-2012, 01:34 AM
This is so WICKED and it's named after an original Pokemon which makes it even cooler!!

LindseyLu
02-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Wow, wow, and wow... That tail is freakin incredible!!!!!!!!! Not surprised though coming from Raven, her art is insanely beautiful! Congrats on the new tail! Can't wait to see the one Dr. Seaweed's got going for you!!! You're going to have some truly breathtaking tails!!! :) YAY!!!

AniaR
02-09-2012, 09:16 PM
sooooo excited. It's on its way to me :D my beautiful SPLASH inspired tail!

Mermaid Lorelei
02-09-2012, 09:56 PM
I hope you know you're going to have to put up photos immediately dear!

AniaR
02-09-2012, 10:10 PM
I have a gig 2 days after it arrives, LOL

Mermaid Saphira
02-10-2012, 07:07 AM
^ Geez! With that tail you'll be booked up in know time! How will you ever have time for us?? :lol:

LittleTreasure
02-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Your new tail is so, SO pretty! Raven did a FANTASTIC job. I'm glad it's on its way to you! And good luck with your gig.

Nim
02-13-2012, 03:22 PM
That tail is freakin incredible!And the Mer-top??? Wowwwwww beautiful works Raven! You are so talented!!! Raina,congrats!!!!I'm so happy for you ^_^

MermaidAiera
02-17-2012, 06:05 PM
It's not JMB fx or Studio Kite is it?
OMFG if it's a studio Kite tail I might die right now You don't know how much I want a tail from thereeeee O__o

AniaR
02-17-2012, 06:08 PM
It's not JMB fx or Studio Kite is it?
OMFG if it's a studio Kite tail I might die right now You don't know how much I want a tail from thereeeee O__o

No, as I mentioned several times it was made by Raven of Merbellas (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mermaid-Ravens-Etsy/178589958863759):)

It may arrive tomorrow, or monday, my fins are crossed for tomorrow hahaha

Mermaid Saphira
02-17-2012, 06:24 PM
^ HOPE YOU GET IT SOON!! :D :) :yay:

Merman Chris
04-05-2012, 12:34 PM
That vicious attack on Emily Angelfish, who is a very sweet lady and someone I consider a friend, is disgusting. She can make whatever she wants and charge whatever she wants, and the market can decide.

Mermaid Lorelei
04-05-2012, 12:56 PM
?

Mermaid Sirena
04-05-2012, 01:08 PM
It's on the first page and 10 months old.

Merman Chris
04-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Yes well, I was only made aware of it today by Emily herself.

Mermaid Lorelei
04-05-2012, 02:48 PM
She also apologized, as you would see later in the thread.

Alveric
04-05-2012, 03:56 PM
More scab picking.

happyguava
04-06-2012, 06:15 AM
But I will say Im just as curious as the rest of you and Im hoping when I see progress pics ill be able to get a better idea who it might be.

Hehe, this made me laugh, now that we know the whole story. So sneaky, Raven! Just thought I'd share, it made me giggle :)