PDA

View Full Version : Neoprene HELP!!!!!!

Aniganatis
07-24-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm trying to make a silicone tail but have to order the neoprene from online. Now here is the problem. I do NOT know which and how to order and my family and friends never did things like this so they can't help me. Can someone help?!!!!!!!!!! :confused: I am making 3 tails but for one of the girls I'm making is thick. She's size 20 in jeans so I need to know which neoprene size to get and length and stuff. Please help!!!!!

Girl: 5ft 9. Size 20 waist.
Male: 6'0. Size 10
Other girl: 5'6. Size 7

Spindrift
07-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Well the obvious thing to do is to measure their sizes in inches (horizontally and vertically), then double that number when you order, so that you can get enough material for the front of the tail and the back. Then you order that much neoprene.

Spindrift
07-24-2011, 10:05 PM
I suppose you could also use centimeters if you felt like it.

Aniganatis
07-28-2011, 07:22 PM
Thank you so much. I don't want to have to deny her a tail because she's to big to get enough fabric. I can't do that to her. So thanks so much! :D

Winged Mermaid
07-28-2011, 07:40 PM
It depends on how wide the fabric is. Usually when you get fabric you get yards- but that's the length of the fabric. For an average height person 2 yards is the standard, maybe three if you have a huge fluke. The important thing to concentrate on with size is the width of the fabric. Most fabric stores sell 45 or 60 inch widths for standard but it can be different. You'll want to ask whatever supplier you're ordering from what the width of it is then compare to her measurement. If she's bigger than the width provided- and you aren't willing to go elsewhere or can't to get a longer width- you'll have to make an additional seam to add on fabric.

Good luck!

Aniganatis
07-29-2011, 11:43 AM
Alright, I'll see where I can order the fabric from and get all their measurements. Hopefully it comes out good. I have soooo many ideas. Thanks again you two.