PDA

View Full Version : Working On My Own Mermaid Banners

Sitre Seer Moroaica
05-07-2012, 12:28 AM
I would love some of my own Banners for networking myself and Mermaid Parties on several of my other sites. I keep seeing that a lot of you have your own gifs, banners, watermarks etc and I'm envious you guys all have that :P So I'm curious on where and how you guys get all that? Do you make them your own or do you have an awesome tech friend or do you pay someone?

I would love to know. Thank you :3

Spindrift
05-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Do you want animated ones or...?

Sitre Seer Moroaica
05-07-2012, 02:51 PM
I can do with out the animated ones :)

malinghi
05-07-2012, 03:36 PM
I've always been curious about how people make animated gifs. Of all the free software I've found for converting images into gifs, the best I've come across is Free Video to GIF Converter: http://www.video-gif-converter.com/. But the quality of the images isn't great. I wonder how people make the really high quality ones.

Spindrift
05-07-2012, 05:27 PM
If you don't care for the animated ones, just open up some sort of photo editing software and play around with it. Photoshop, Illustrator, Corel, Paint, (even Powerpoint can work). GIMP, an open-source version of Photoshop, is free. If you're looking for someone else to do it, I do design work professionally and I think Sirena does as well. A banner/logo like Raina's (an illustration) are done by digital artists, normally with a tablet. Most people just edit a photo of themselves that they like and add text to it.

I'm not sure if I answered your question or if I'm misinterpreting what you are asking, but I hope I helped.