PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins OD Off Of Heroin

Sitre Seer Moroaica
05-07-2012, 02:54 PM
This morning I got up, got on MSN and This is what I see:

Dolphins died of heroin OD after rave at zoo, report says
This was one headline we hoped we'd never have to write: About a year ago, dolphins Shadow and Chelmers died agonizing deaths in Connyland, Switzerland, after the zoo allowed a rave (http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/318498/318498)
(attended by thousands) to be held near their training pool. For animals with sonar hearing, a possibly dubstep-heavy event was already considered a strain. Now a toxicology report has emerged that shows a heroin substitute was found in the animal's urine. This would seem to confirm initial suspicions that whacked-out ravers fed the dolphins drugs while possibly on some kind of weird acid trip. Remember: Blissed out dolphins are a dangerous fantasy only appropriate for grade-school children. The reality is not cute, fun, or sparkly.

You can find more of the article here:

http://now.msn.com/now/0506-dolphins-heroin-overdose.aspx

But seriously? WTF? Why in a Zoo near their Training pools where this could happen D:

Spindrift
05-07-2012, 03:04 PM
God damn.

Mermaid Rillia
05-07-2012, 03:14 PM
WOW! I feel like there shouldn't have been a rave to begn with. Usually Raves involve drugs, it kind of goes hand in hand. people are effing idiots!

malinghi
05-07-2012, 03:45 PM
This would seem to confirm initial suspicions that whacked-out ravers fed the dolphins drugs while possibly on some kind of weird acid trip.

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1vteoD3W41qihztbo1_250.gif

Oh my god I hate people so much.

babsannee
05-07-2012, 04:10 PM

Kanti
05-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Omg that's so horrible! Wtf is wrong with people.

Also, how can the zoo let this shit happen so close to their animals? Did they REALLY not see
this as a possibility? Especially a rave, where almost the entirety of the people attending is on
drugs x_x

Poor things. The description of what they went through was really depressing.
Raves should only be held in warehouses around lots of dirty, rusty, sharp equiptment.

Spindrift
05-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Not all ravers are irresponsible and do drugs though, right? :\

Kanti
05-07-2012, 04:45 PM
That's completely possible.
Still, at a rave? There's bound to be a large amount of them who ARE doing drugs actively.
I know people who do certain drugs and they're not crazy or batshit insane, but I'm sure when
they're with a bunch of people who are also on the same drug at some crazy party, they'd
probably get into doing a lot of stupid stuff -__-

AniaR
05-07-2012, 05:02 PM
dubstep just generally isnt my thing *holds ears* poor dolphin :(

Bellasea
05-07-2012, 06:37 PM
People are idiots...

mermaid hannah
05-07-2012, 07:14 PM
oh gosh..why one earth would a zoo allow a rave in the first place?!

Ayla of Duluth
05-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Dubstep makes my ears gasm. Poor dolphins. You don't have to be on drugs to get high. Especially at a rave. The laser and strobe lights and the dehydration and exhaustion from dancing all night is enough to make anyone dilusional. The hosts of the rave should be arrested and the people who are in charge of that zoo should be tried in court for irresponsibility. That's just sad. Being a sober bunny is way more fun than being an irresponsible tweaker.