PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Cool Hawaiian Mer Tails!

Mermaid Marissa
05-10-2012, 07:37 AM
So I found this website and they make super pretty mermaid tails!
I don't know if they are for sale or not but I would LOVE one
http://www.wix.com/worldmermaidawards/sitalange#! :drool:

LittleTreasure
05-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Those look very pretty....and I can't even tell what they're made of. Impressive. :p

AniaR
05-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Sita Lange is the person who started off the world mermaid awards last year. She doesn't sell her tails and they aren't swimmable. She makes each one unique for photoshoots.

Merman Chris
05-10-2012, 11:33 AM
They most definitely ARE swimmable, but they are single-use only.

Sita does not post here and has been a bit MIA lately due to vicious slander by others in the scene. Mermaid Shelly and I have been close friends with her for over ten years, in fact Shell was one of her Maui Mermaids; I was right there twice seeing her make her tails. If you have any questions about her tails or projects, feel free to ask me, I'd be happy to answer.

Spindrift
05-10-2012, 01:23 PM
*Sighs at the use of Wix* :|

Kanti
05-10-2012, 05:01 PM
They're pretty! The coloring is nicely done as well.
I really like how everything blends so nicely at the seams. My only complaint is the fluke xD

Merman Chris
05-10-2012, 05:57 PM
The fluke was not a monofin....most of these were done before monofins were widely known. A lot of these photos are ten years old or more.

Mermaid Marissa
05-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Do you ever think that she will make swimmable tails? These are gorgeous and the way she goes from the body to the tail is so cool!

Mermaid Marissa
05-10-2012, 07:26 PM
*Sighs at the use of Wix* :|

:lol: right!?!?!

Blondie
05-10-2012, 10:20 PM
They most definitely ARE swimmable, but they are single-use only.

Sita does not post here and has been a bit MIA lately due to vicious slander by others in the scene. Mermaid Shelly and I have been close friends with her for over ten years, in fact Shell was one of her Maui Mermaids; I was right there twice seeing her make her tails. If you have any questions about her tails or projects, feel free to ask me, I'd be happy to answer.
I remember seeing her videos years back on youtube! I heard she doesn't put monofins in her tails though, is that right?

AniaR
05-11-2012, 11:03 AM
she had actually told me on FB that her tails weren't swimmable but worked in the water for one time uses for modelling :/ I think they're really creative and beautiful, but heck what a lot of work for something to use once, or twice if you're lucky.

Merman Chris
05-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Correct, they were not monofins. Most of the shoots you see from Sita are from quite a while ago, before monofins were widely known of.

I really don't think she will move into making them as we know "tailmaking", it was always more about the shoot than "making a tail" as it were.

Mermaid Marissa
05-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Like the Italian tails we talked about somewhere one here :lol: (i tried to find the thread but couldn't)

Merman Chatfish
04-03-2015, 12:16 AM
Sita's mermaids were some of the first mermaids I had ever seen back when her site was MauiMermaids.tv and I was totally fascinated by them. I wish that site was still up. I would imagine myself as one of the mers and going swimming.

Chris what were the tails made of, and why do people not like her??

AniaR
04-03-2015, 12:28 AM
A few things you miss when you resurrect long dead posts:

1. Chris is not a member on mernetwork. Ironically enough he was banned for slandering and harassing people and making threats quite a while ago. One of only 3 people I think to be perma banned.
2. Sita stole loads of money from people including hannah fraser when she hosted the world mermaid awards. She didn't pay most people, didnt deliver on her services, and made off with loads of money.

I know it can be interesting to read old threads, but it can cause a lot of confusion for people when they start getting posted in again. This one is 3+ years old. It loses the context. And confuses newer members. Plus you're asking questions of accounts long since inactive. I find it just clutters up the forum unless you have something new to add. Better to start a new thread to ask a question.