PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Florida's East Coast

WavyMermaidy
05-15-2012, 03:20 PM
I had posted under another intro thread but saw it was recommended to start a new one for each intro, so here we go:

Hey all
Well, let's see, like most people here (or so I would imagine) I have been in love with everything oceanic since I was little. I have always kept my ties to the ocean, as well as my love for mermaids, but only now in my 30's am I actively plugging ahead to fully realize my mermaid dreams by getting more involved, making a tail, etc. I try to live by the saying "growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional" so thrusting full forward into mermaiding at this point in life is only natural, really :) Thankfully I have an absolutely wonderful husband who treats me like a sea-princess and supports my mer interests.

This site certainly seems like a really friendly place for those of us who have always identified with the sea and have never stopped aspiring to be mermaids (and -men). It's just neat to see how many other people share the same fascination!! I didn't realize until recently there was a community for this, which perhaps has stepped up more in light of media like Aquamarine and H2O.

This year is a banner one for me in mer-world as I am making the aforementioned tail, going to mermaid camp at Weeki Wachee (squee!!), and am attending Mer-palooza in August (another squee!!). Florida is a great place to be a mermaid :)

I look forward to getting more involved on the site and in mer-life in general. Love and light to all!!

Mermaid Marissa
05-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Welcome!!! :D

Sea Pearl
05-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Welcome to MerNetwork!

WavyMermaidy
05-16-2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the welcomes, Sea Pearl and Mermaid Marissa :)

MermaidRaegan
05-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Howdy! Can I just say that I love saying your name? WaveyMermaidy. It's fun. Is that creepy? :$

Anyway, Hi and welcome to the pod(s). :D

WavyMermaidy
05-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Howdy! Can I just say that I love saying your name? WaveyMermaidy. It's fun. Is that creepy? :$

Anyway, Hi and welcome to the pod(s). :D

Not creepy at all...it is kinda fun to say!!! Thanks for the welcome :cool:

Blondie
05-16-2012, 08:15 PM
Where in Florida are you from! I'm on the East Coast of Florida too :)

Mermaid Star
05-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Welcome to the Network!

WavyMermaidy
05-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Thanks Star!

iblondie - I'm just south of Daytona :cool: How about you?

Mermaid Rillia
05-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Welcome to Mernetwork! :) And welcome to the pod(s). Hope to see you at mer-palooza this summer!

WavyMermaidy
05-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks Brooke :)

Blondie
05-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Thanks Star!

iblondie - I'm just south of Daytona :cool: How about you?

Oh wow that's not too far from me! I'm South Jacksonville, near St.Augustine.

WavyMermaidy
05-17-2012, 05:27 PM
Oh wow that's not too far from me! I'm South Jacksonville, near St.Augustine. Awesome...not too far at all! I actually used to live in St. Augustine about 5 years ago...I was a tour trolley driver there ;)