PDA

View Full Version : Xena and Hercules

Prince Calypso
05-15-2012, 11:25 PM
ok who remembers these shows? i used to watch these shows religiously as a kid. never mind the violence and the sexual situations my mom supported and adored it. hell figuring out that Xena and Gabrielle were gay was what made it so easy for her to except me when i came out the closet. i mean honestly she was like "well you did love xena when you were little"

anyway my sister/best friend let me use her netflix and after watching "i love you Philip Morris"
i went straight into Hercules Legendary Journeys at which point i remember a particular set of episodes that included mermaids
"love on the rocks" and "My Best Girl's Wedding"

so after watching both episodes twice
i went straight to xena and tried to remember if there was an episode with mermaids
and i found it
"Married with Fish sticks"

i could only find like one pic but i wish i could show you the video with the tails in it

what do you guys think about these tails
also this proves the fact that making a mermaid tv show wouldn't be that hard let alone expensive.

Mermaid Lorelei
05-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Huh, I'd never heard of these mermaids. I might have to go watch now.

Azurin Luna
05-16-2012, 06:56 AM
I remember them vaguely from Hercules, but I never saw them in the Xena series. The Hercules ones look nice, but I don't like those from Xena though.

malinghi
05-16-2012, 09:14 AM
I remember them vaguely from Hercules, but I never saw them in the Xena series. The Hercules ones look nice, but I don't like those from Xena though.

That episode from Xena was insane. The whole thing takes place within a dream set in their future/our present where Xena's sidekick has amnesia and also has been turned into a mermaid, and is being lied to by some guy to trick her into being married to him and raising three unruly sea monster children. The writers must have been on something when they thought of this.

Prince Calypso
05-16-2012, 08:48 PM
That episode from Xena was insane. The whole thing takes place within a dream set in their future/our present where Xena's sidekick has amnesia and also has been turned into a mermaid, and is being lied to by some guy to trick her into being married to him and raising three unruly sea monster children. The writers must have been on something when they thought of this.

LMAO
it was actually based on the move "Overboard"

Robartt
04-14-2017, 03:12 AM
I loveddd that tail from hercules...Over the years, I've always wondered how the actress got herself into the tail...It looked soo real and authentic...also I wonder if it would be hard to maneuver it both in and out of the water as it looked heavy and thick....Such a cool tail.Period!!..One of the best I've ever seen on celluloid....As far as mertails are concerned, The h20 tails just didn't cut it for me to be quite honest..sorry..LOL

Sent from my ASUS_Z00UD using Tapatalk

Robartt
04-14-2017, 03:14 AM
Me too I never really liked the tails from Xeno, The always looked kinda 'Squid-like' to me heheh

Sent from my ASUS_Z00UD using Tapatalk