View Full Version : Realistic Latex Mermaid Tail on Ebay!!!

Mahi Mermaid
05-21-2012, 05:09 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Realistic-Latex-Mermaid-Tail-Swimmable-/130700710081?pt=US_Costumes&hash=item1e6e5e90c1#ht_500wt_1204

Check out the new mermaid tail on ebay...blues, greens, and lots of fun!

Neria
05-21-2012, 06:51 PM
Are you selling it? Or are you just passing along the news?

mermaid hannah
05-21-2012, 08:02 PM
omg! this is a really awesome looking tail!

aw to bad! im 5'9.. :(

Blondie
05-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Argh I feel you Hannah, I love the tail. But I'm too darn tall...

Mermaid Annariea
05-21-2012, 08:23 PM
oh gosh, its beautiful.
im a little smaller than her i think. she said shes 120 lbs, but im about 108 - 110, and an inch shorter. (tiny, i know). i wonder if it would fit or if itd be too big... $180 is an incredible price, that tail is lovely.

Mahi Mermaid
05-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Hey guys- yeah it's my tail. I'm any where from a size 0-5 so I bet it would fit you!

Mermaid Photine
05-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Maybe if you posted the measurements and how much it stretches, it would help the potential buyers. ^_^

Mahi Mermaid
05-21-2012, 10:46 PM
belly button 34
hips 35
mid thigh 31.5
knee 20
calf 21.5
ankle 13.5
belly button to toes 43

and shoe is 8.5 inches or size 6 1/2 shoe (i have small feet :)

Neria
05-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Darn my big feet!

~Molly~
05-22-2012, 12:13 AM
Darn my big hips!

Mermaid Annariea
05-23-2012, 01:14 PM
OH GOSH THAT MIGHT FIT ME.
why is there no tape measures in this house? -_-
im going to find a way to measure myself. somehow.
how heavy is it? and how comfy are the foot pockets? i wear a 6 1/2 size shoe, but i have sort of wide-ish feet :/

Mermaid Annariea
05-23-2012, 01:17 PM
OH GOSH THAT MIGHT FIT ME!
why is there no tape measures in this house? -_-
im going to find a way to measure myself. somehow.
how heavy is it? and how comfy are the foot pockets? i wear a 6 1/2 size shoe, but i have sort of wide-ish feet :/

Mermaid Annariea
05-23-2012, 01:18 PM
i wonder why that posted twice. thats odd >.>

NerineArcticMermaid
05-23-2012, 07:29 PM
how much stretch does it have? That might fit me

Mermaid Annariea
05-24-2012, 03:04 PM
DARN IT.
im like a foot too small in the bellybutton, everything else would fit almost perfectly, and im like a foot too short. which i dont understand bc im 5'2.
GEEZ. ugh im so sad.

Mermaid Annariea
05-24-2012, 03:08 PM
i wonder if that could be fixed... hmm...
i dont think id want a tail up to my bellybutton anyways... but idk, do you think that would be fixable, krystal?

Mermaid Loki
05-25-2012, 09:19 AM
I bought it, and I'm so excited to swim with it! What a gorgeous tail. Too bad it comes the day of my last final exams.... XD

Prince Calypso
05-25-2012, 03:28 PM
it looks well made just not my color and the fluke is a bit too big in my opinion

MermanJV
06-09-2012, 03:13 PM
I find it rather funny. The review you posted for this tale claimed it was un-swimmable and poorly made.... yet you sold it for almost twice what you paid by saying it was capable of doing everything you claimed it couldn't do. Love Stevie's work, and haven't heard a single complaint save for yours about the style shape and swimming capacities. I therefore must judge that the review was a false one.

Hmmm, it's quite strange.

Oh well, you put a nice coat of paint on it.

Mermaid Loki
06-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Hey guys, it's me! {Loki the idiot who bought the tail.}

The review really was false. Aside from the fluke tearing, (easily fixed with e6000 glue) and paint coming off (airbrushing that on Saturday), the tail really isn't that bad. The monofin and foot pockets are good, I love the overall shape, and it's great to swim with! It's like one of those old but nice fixer-upper houses. I'll put pictures up when I'm done fixing it~!

:highfive:
~Loki

Spindrift
06-13-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm glad that it seems to be working out fine! :)
How did the fluke tear?

Bellasea
06-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Well I'm glad you are happy with your tail!

Ayla of Duluth
06-13-2012, 12:31 PM
I find it rather funny. The review you posted for this tale claimed it was un-swimmable and poorly made.... yet you sold it for almost twice what you paid by saying it was capable of doing everything you claimed it couldn't do. Love Stevie's work, and haven't heard a single complaint save for yours about the style shape and swimming capacities. I therefore must judge that the review was a false one.

Hmmm, it's quite strange.

Oh well, you put a nice coat of paint on it.
Oh thank goodness you said that. I was waiting to see if anyone would pick up on that.

Spindrift
06-13-2012, 07:49 PM
Why would anyone make a write a negatively false review?

Mermaid Loki
06-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Why would anyone make a write a negatively false review?
I have NO IDEA. And one day, the glue on the inside of the fluke got pushed too far I guess, and it tore D:

Bellasea: Thanks!! :D

MermaidParties
06-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Hey guys, it's me! {Loki the idiot who bought the tail.}

The review really was false. Aside from the fluke tearing, (easily fixed with e6000 glue) and paint coming off (airbrushing that on Saturday), the tail really isn't that bad. The monofin and foot pockets are good, I love the overall shape, and it's great to swim with! It's like one of those old but nice fixer-upper houses. I'll put pictures up when I'm done fixing it~!

:highfive:
~Loki

You're definitely not an idiot! It wasn't your fault you trusted a mer on mernetwork and got scammed, that's what this place is for! Not scamming. Not your fault in the least :D But I'm so so so so so glad the tail works for you! I can't wait to see pictures of you in it!

Mahi Mermaid
06-14-2012, 01:23 PM
Hey guys-
My review wasn't false. I even wrote Mermaid Parties about it before posting and she completely agreed. I was really excited when I got the tail but with all the tedious work I do at events and parties I needed a stronger, more durable and functional tail- and that tail didn't fit my needs. I did note on Ebay that it hadn't been swam in yet so whoever bought it would be the first. Loki is not an idiot to have bought it- it's a great tail just not one for my particular needs. I'm no scammer and wish you guys weren't so harsh about it!

ShyMer
06-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Interesting. She doesn't sound like she agrees now. What was that all about?

Mahi Mermaid
06-14-2012, 01:50 PM
I have no idea what is going on but all I know is I'm the one who feels bullied...

Kanti
06-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Hmm very odd then. Yea, it seems like you guys didn't even talk to each other about it.
I guess we only heard one side of the story and jumped your case.

Either way, sounds like it's between you guys to see what's going on.

Mahi Mermaid
06-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Check out the post that MermaidParties started about "Someone Seriously Crossed The line" and see our convo there...

AniaR
06-14-2012, 03:49 PM
ah yes we've all seen it. Your review IS drastically different than what you posted on ebay though, regardless of whether you talked to mermaid parties or not.

Also, and this isn't meant to be a jab at you OR mermaid parties, I think when people sell tails especially on ebay they need to make it VERY clear it's made with alex plus so people understand the expected longevity of the product as alex plus doesn't last long and has certain known issues.

MermanJV
06-14-2012, 11:29 PM
Oh thank goodness you said that. I was waiting to see if anyone would pick up on that.

I noticed it from the get-go.

Important message: This is not meant to be bullying. This is merely a public statement of the facts from this case.

Side note: Having read over all of the facts, it appears like this to the 3rd party. The tail in question was a bit damaged, all things that are quite easily fixed as Loki stated, and the offer to fix it + discount on future purchases was offered. After almost 9 years in customer service, that is the epitome of good customer service. However, The review which was harsh and, according to the testimony from Loki, was a mite exaggerated. Painting the tail, understandably an expensive process, does merit some money to cover for paint. However, knowing that the tail was purchased at $180 (unpainted) and wound up sold for $450 (which on ebay is a controllable thing that can be set by the seller in advance) goes beyond the cost of paint. The Tail was advertised as being new and completely in tact, which is wasn't as it had been in the water once before and had the afore mentioned damages.

Conclusion: The only significant wrongdoing occurred in the false advertising. Secondary to that, the review appeared to be inflammatory.

Further Action to be taken: This should be hashed out between Mermaid Loki, Mermaid Parties and Mermaid Krystal. An apology, for the false advertising, should be issued to Mermaid Loki. A review should be posted by Loki, upon the completion of repairs.

Now, let's all try and put this matter behind us, shall we?

Bellasea
06-15-2012, 12:15 AM
Well said! And yes let's^^