PDA

View Full Version : Seashell tankini

Sephina
05-21-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm planning on making a seashell tankini for a photo shoot late next month and I am having one heck of a time trying to find E6000 in Canada (I've called every craft store and hardware store I can think of and they don't carry it. Is there something else just as effective that I could use to glue the shells on with? Even if it only lasts the length of the photo shoot.

AniaR
05-21-2012, 09:54 PM
could you drill holes in the shell and use rope? I cant find a lot of stuff in Canada either >.> You may be able to use some other clear silicone that dries quickly? It's usually all safe so long as it's cured.

Spindrift
05-22-2012, 06:08 PM
You might be able to Ebay it and have it sent over.

Gem Stone
05-23-2012, 09:21 AM
How did that seashell tanking go? I hate my midsection and am working n it right now, but I've been looking for something to help cover it up.

Mermaid Photine
05-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Could you use one of those strings of shells and weave it over some fishing net with plastic foliage and such? I guess it's a bit late now, but maybe as an idea for the future...

Edit: I was a bit unclear. Also attaching the whole thing to a swimsuit or bra base of some sort.

Mermaid.Mikayla
02-04-2017, 05:20 PM
When I made my mermaid shell top, I used a hot glue gun, because the E6000 is really harmful to use. I'm not sure if they have the glue gun and sticks in Canada, but I'm guessing they do. Hope this helps.

Mermaid Jaffa
02-05-2017, 05:33 AM
Plumbers Goop. Its made by the same company that produces E6000.