PDA

View Full Version : my first tail.

Mermaid Bella
05-22-2012, 12:43 PM
ok so im going to start planning (planning to be planning hehe) my first tail.
im on a severe budget as me and my boyfriend became suddenly unemployed within a month of each other at the start of the year so lycra (spandex) will be my choice of materiel. i was thinking of making my own monofin but i think i will start out with a pair for regular fins and bolt them together. bad for the knees but good for the pocket heh heh. eventually i will buy a finis monofin though.

i wanted to open this thread for progress reporting, thought it would be fun to do a cheapness challenge. I will post costs next to all of my materiels.

i just need a little help on my colour choices, at first i wanted a pink tail, from what i can see there are not too many pink tails and those that are, are just beautiful, but i spotted a koi mermaid on dev art today and i thought, since i have red hair i might give that a shot... although pink would be cheaper i could get a white tail and blanket stitch on some orange and black splodges. i need help deciding >_<

mermaid hannah
05-22-2012, 02:44 PM
id go with koi! more realistic! can't wait to see your progress!

Alveric
05-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Go with whatever you'd most want to be seen in and what would be the most fun.

Ayla of Duluth
05-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Why don't you make something totally unique? A pink koi tail. :)

MermaidRaegan
05-23-2012, 12:17 AM
I vote for the pink koi.

Mermaid Bella
05-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Just got a pair of fins for $10 at the op shop the cheap yellow kind but they were a perfect fit. someone up there likes me