PDA

View Full Version : Relationship Drama Thread

Mermaid Saphira
05-22-2012, 05:23 PM
I am unsure as to wheter or not there is already a thread for this, but I made this as a thread to help other mers with relationship dramas (ex: boys, friends)

I will start.... I am stuck in a love square, not a triangle a SQUARE! I really like this guy, we will call him Kevin. However, I recently found out that 2 of my friends like him as well. Freind 1 is indifferent and doesn't actually care whether the feeling is mutual or not, but my 2nd friend claims she is completely in love with this guy and has called dibs on him even if she is no where near compatible with Kevin where as I am alot more like him. I hate dibs...it makes you feel as if he is now her property and if you so much as try to touch him you will be shot down. I am afraid this will come to tear our friendship apart, I don't want that. It would probably be best to just let him decide, but he isn't one for any kind of relationship. Maybe just let it go? It will be tough, but I guess it would work. Help? Advice?

Mermaid Saphira
05-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Too much drama in highschool! Flirt or Feelings??? There is a guy (different from the one listed above), we will call him Steve, and everyday he will say hello to me and tickle or hug me alot, he really enjoys teasing me in a playful manner. He is a huge flirt and does these kinds of things with the other girls, but not like he does with me. All of my friends told me that he really likes me, but I am unsure. Steve told me today that he really likes me and asked me out, however I told him no. Not just because my dad would kill me for even looking at a boy, but because I am unsure as to whether Steve was asking me through a dare or if he really does have feelings for me. Advice? Help?

Ayla of Duluth
05-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Lemme just say thank god someone made a thread for this and if I had the time or the battery power on my phone I could write a novel about my relationship drama. Now I will be insatiably lurking this thread to read about the drama in other mers lives while I eat a pound of cookie dough for comfort. xD

Mermaid Saphira
05-23-2012, 03:36 PM
^ XD

MermaidRaegan
05-23-2012, 06:59 PM
Okay, for the first boy: it really is his choice. You can't call dibs on a person. Relationships just don't work that way. If he wants to go out with one of you, the other can't force him to change his mind.

Secondly, if he does like you back then you need to have a heart to heart with your friend and find out if this is something that could screw up your friendship. Because if that relationship goes up in smoke, it's always better to have friends who can do damage control and buy you ice cream.

On to the second guy, if you don't like thim TELL HIM. Some guys really just need you to be blunt. I'm not saying be rude or anything, but the last thing you want to do is give him the wrong idea.

Mermaid Saphira
05-30-2012, 07:08 PM
^ ThanX for the advice ;) Turns out my friend who likes the same guy is no longer interested, "Kevin" as given up as well. High school is SO confusing...

Spindrift
05-30-2012, 10:32 PM
I thought you weren't in high school yet?

Usagi
01-28-2013, 07:22 PM
BLAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I used to be completely independent, doing things on my own. Now, almost two years later, I'm pretty much dependent on my boyfriend for everything (but I do still have my independence in the sense that I do a lot of what I want). We spend pretty much all our time together, and he's pretty much become my security blanket. He helped me through a lot of issues and now we have a barnacle-whale kind of relationship. I don't like going places without him. I'm a lot more comfortable and feel safer when he's around (and OH MY GOD! I've only slept next to him a few times, but that was the best sleep I've gotten in FOREVER). The problem is that he's pre-med. So when school's in session, we don't get to see each other very much. I'm also very paranoid and EXTREMELY jealous, so I freak out when he's at school all the time because I'm worried that he's going to find someone else that he likes. And then I start to get depressed and my already-low self-esteem gets even lower. And I know it's just gonna get even worse as he gets farther into school and moves on to med school and AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH I just don't know what to do! Die. That's what I'm gonna do. Lol