PDA

View Full Version : REALLY NEED ADVICE

Lotus
05-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Alright, so here's my SERIOUS dilemma-
My family and I recently moved- it's been three and a half weeks and we have not seen our rather large security deposit from our other place yet... according to our d-bag former landlords, we will have it back in 60 days.... UGH... the point is, we have NOTHING to live on, our bills are seriously passed due, we have no gas, no food... you get it. So here's the big problem:
My boss offered to help me out financially so long as I pay him back to the tune of 20 bucks out of my tips every shift. Now, this may sound like a great deal, but here's the problem... my boss is fickle and unpredictable... he treats his customers very very well, but us girls who work for him are constantly subjected to lectures about how poor our performance is (which is HORSE SHIT), we are not allowed to call in sick for fear of losing our jobs... he and his family occasionally have huge fights that the customers can hear from the dining room... (and though they are in a different language, people know whats going on...)
The gals I work with have warned me not to take his help no matter what or he will use it against me any way he can- (one of the girls I work with is currently in this situation with him...) but I'm behind a THOUSAND DOLLARS, and totally screwed. I want to find a new job ASAP that isn't so hostile... if I take his help, I'm in his pocket. If I don't, we have no food, and we get evicted from the home we have only been in two and a half weeks. (we were allowed to move in without paying our deposit because we thought we have the one from our old place back by now)
WTF do I do???? I have nothing of value to pawn, or I would do that..... and I don't have a sugar daddy lol.......... HELP?

Ayla of Duluth
05-23-2012, 12:13 PM
QUICK! GO DONATE SOME PLASMA! THEY'LL PAY YOU FOR IT!

Lotus
05-23-2012, 12:24 PM
yeah... that's 40 bucks, and I live an hour away from the nearest clinic. It would cost me that much to drive there and back. thanks, though.

Spindrift
05-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Can you apply for a loan? I wouldn't take money from your boss. That sounds like a seriously bad idea.

Lotus
05-23-2012, 01:09 PM
I did apply- our credit is juuust bad enough to not get one...
yeah, I knew it was a bad idea to loan from J. Matti is right- I'll wind up WAY more screwed than I already am.

midwesternmermaid
05-23-2012, 01:14 PM
If you're a member of a faith community, they might be able to help. Even if you're not, you still might be able to find other organizations (faith-based or not) that can lend a hand. A lot of communities have breadbaskets and such that can help folks out through the rough spots in life.
Just don't take your boss up on his offer. That would just add needless drama to your life.
And most importantly, know you're not alone.

Ayla of Duluth
05-23-2012, 01:21 PM
The most important thing is to keep your work life and your personal life seperate. I learned that lesson the hard way, especially with an under the table job where your boss is an old perv...Do you have any other relatives that could help you out? Cousins, aunts or uncles, etc?

Gem Stone
05-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Sorry for saying it but that sucks. Definately stay away from the boss guy. Doesn't sound too smart. Umm, I don't know how to help. I'm sorry

BlueMermaid
05-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Go apply for emergency assistance with your state. Some states will help you pay your rent if your risking eviction. You can also apply for food assistance. Go quickly, these places are usually very busy and can take time to get you assistance, but they will usually rush if your going to get evicted.