PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Flash Mob Anyone??? :D

MermaidParties
05-26-2012, 03:21 AM
So my boyfriend and I were discussing my on going mermaid obsession and I was telling him how I used to live in Las Vegas and when ever I would go down to the strip I would stand in front of the Bellagio hotel and imagine mermaids in the pools and on the rocks oblivious to the millions of people walking by. (My mermaid obsession is extreme sometimes haha) Now Vegas does have a real mermaid attraction but a mermaid that wears goggles and has oxygen tubes... come on! I was so disappointed in that show. No offense what so ever to those mermaids but I wanted an authentic mermaid experience, badly! Any ways, I thought, this is Vegas, the most extravagant city in the US and the mermaids aren't more realistic? They even have the show Sirens at Treasure Island, where people dive repeatedly into the water and are hoisted back up in the air by swings and THEY don't have a mermaid attraction. I was just very disappointed in Vegas and it's lack of real mermaids. So, I told him I had this idea to just discretely dive in to the Bellagio pools one day in a tail (They used to have dolphins in there but people throwing change in was bad for them) so I figured it wouldn't harm me. Then my boyfriend suggests I get a bunch of mermaids together to discretely (this would be super hard haha) get in tails and all dive in the Bellagio pools at the same time and just start swimming around and perching on the rocks and just being a mermaid Flash Mob :D Then I told him we'd get arrested and he said to take up a fee to be in the Mermaid Flash Mod and use it as bail money! hahaha He thinks he's funny ;) Any ways, I thought it was a great convo and wanted to share it with everyone. If I could do it, I totally would!!!

Nemefish
05-26-2012, 03:34 AM
not a bad idea hhhmmmm....:confused::crazy::thumbs-up::eyebrows:

MermaidParties
05-26-2012, 03:51 AM
Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe... we could start out small and organize one at a big public fountain in a park or a mall :D I would LOVE to do this haha

Kanti
05-26-2012, 03:57 AM
That would be a really cool idea!
Just wait a couple years when I have a nicer tail and more money xD

Mermaid Miel
05-26-2012, 08:47 AM
If you got the hotel on your side for this, pitched it as a Free Advertisement via Social media? Then you wouldn't need to worry about being arrested.

Mermaid Marissa
05-26-2012, 09:02 AM
I would love to do this! :thinks: if only I didn't live in Chicago..... I think my parents would love to go to Vegas HAHA :lol: plus if the cops come after us we could all scram and hide under water (picturing fleeing from the cops in my head XD)

MermaidParties
05-26-2012, 01:15 PM
I would love to do this! :thinks: if only I didn't live in Chicago..... I think my parents would love to go to Vegas HAHA :lol: plus if the cops come after us we could all scram and hide under water (picturing fleeing from the cops in my head XD)

Hahahahaha that's awesome! My thinking was, we'd make news, we'd seriously entertain, I don't think people would mob or riot and that's the main reason you can't pull stuff like that in a public place. I think they'd arrest us when they caught us then let us go haha I don't think we'd really get charged with anything.

And MariaMiel, that's a good idea, I just don't know that they'd be willing. They do the fountain show every night and that's like their main attraction. I don't think they'd go for mermaids at the Bellagio but somewhere else might! :D

We could make it nation wide, get all the mermaids you know together and flash mob a fountain somewhere. We'll start small hahaha I would totally do it. I only know 3 mermaids in Colorado so far though. It would be so neat for people to suddenly have the chance to see not just one, but a bunch of mermaids in a fountain haha
Everyone would love it :D

Kanti
05-26-2012, 01:23 PM
I think Meria has the right idea. If we get the hotel to agree to let us swim there we probably wouldn't
get arrested. Well, we might get arrested but they'd have to let us go. I dunno, I've had lots of bad experiences
with cops when I wasn't even doing anything wrong. I think they'd take any excuse to arrest or harass someone
and enforce their authority.
Then again, we could just swim away xD I doubt a cop would be willing to jump in the water. We could just pretend
we don't hear them.

SweeteSiren
05-26-2012, 01:32 PM
We can sell T-shirts too! I went mermaiding in Vegas and all I got was this stupid criminal record...

Kanti
05-26-2012, 01:48 PM
We can sell T-shirts too! I went mermaiding in Vegas and all I got was this stupid criminal record...
Really? Wtf?

Where were you and what were you doing?? A CRIMINAL RECORD?
Sweet jesus!

MermaidParties
05-26-2012, 02:23 PM
LMAO I LOVE THAT!!! That tshirt idea is fantastic :D And I don't think the Bellagio would go for it because of liability and insurance reasons. We'd have to draw up a contract saying if anyone was hurt then we didn't hold them accountable and everyone would have to be 18 and people would have to agree not to sue anyone haha It's not like it would be super dangerous but you never know and they have those fountains right in the middle of the pool I'm sure they'd be stressed about one of us damaging them even though we could steer clear of them and the biggest thing is, if we do it, we might start a trend of randoms jumping in haha and they really wouldn't like that.
And you're totally right Kanti, Las Vegas police would definitely not jump in and try to catch one of us unless they had a rookie they'd make do it but we could all swim faster than them with all the metal they have on them and they can't jump in with their guns so they'd have to un-holster them and that's bad to do in a public place unless they intend to open fire haha someone sees him draw his gun and then we have panic. Why must people be so dumb? Hahaha I personally think a stunt like this would bring so much attention to Vegas, I mean not like it doesn't have enough, but we're in a recession and I know Vegas is hurting. We might even get recruited to make it a reoccurring thing, if people would just use a little imagination more often :D

Mermaid Annariea
05-26-2012, 09:56 PM
i actually REALLY love this idea.
except, i live on the east coast. and i dont have a tail yet.
ugh -_-

MermaidParties
05-26-2012, 11:26 PM
It's ok Mermaid Brianna, we can just organize now and plan later :D

Raivynn
05-26-2012, 11:37 PM
I'm in! :D

sunrise
05-27-2012, 12:37 AM
I'd love to when I can. This will be epic!!

MermaidParties
05-27-2012, 12:55 AM
We need to figure out a fountain some where in the US and then plan and send invites for a year or two from now :D Any one know of any epic fountains big enough for a bunch of mers??? :D

SweeteSiren
05-27-2012, 12:00 PM
The first thing I thought of was the reflecting pool on the mall in Washington DC. Not a good idea...
Kanti, sorry if I freaked you out, that was intended to be the imprint on the T-shirts! :doh:

Mermaid Annariea
05-27-2012, 12:10 PM
that would be so awesome though. and i do like the tshirt idea. thats hilarious, lol.

Prince Calypso
05-27-2012, 03:45 PM
epic idea!!!

MermaidParties
05-27-2012, 05:50 PM
The first thing I thought of was the reflecting pool on the mall in Washington DC. Not a good idea...

Haha that would be something. We'd get federal charges lol I tried to google a place but it's not giving me anything.

midwesternmermaid
05-28-2012, 02:41 PM
https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10151157827044768&set=a.10151153638269768.550750.793129767&type=1&theater

Fountain right here in Manhattan, KS. There's some room for a few mers...
Photo taken by a photographer friend.

MermaidParties
05-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Hm... Facebook wont let me see the link for some reason... :(

sunrise
05-28-2012, 03:44 PM
I can't see the link either. But I looked it up. If I saw the right fountain It looks pretty cool. I was thinking Buckingham Fountain in Chicago, but it might be closed.