PDA

View Full Version : Should i put a monofin in a latex or silicone tail?

Costal Mist
05-28-2012, 09:59 AM
I am wondering if i should use a monofin with a tail that is latex or silicone or if i should just have my latex fluke come off of the neoprene undersuit and footplate. I am however trying to avoid a heelbump because do not look good to swim with. Does anyone know which is faster, or which is more efficent. I am new to this site (: but not new to mermaids :) so anything helps. Thanks!

LindseyLu
05-29-2012, 07:10 PM
If you are looking to swim fast/effeciently you will definitely need a monofin in your tail :) But as far as hiding the heels, that's something a lot of people have problems with... Generally adding something to the back of the tail where your ankles are is the best bet. Hides the heels pretty well! Welcome to the forum too btw ;)

Ayla of Duluth
06-16-2012, 12:59 AM
I'd just say mermaids are supposed to have a bump there, because how else would we move our fluke? Joints work much better than muscles alone. :) besides, pretty much every mer has it. Every mer that's not in a movie that is.

Coastal Mist
06-19-2012, 04:13 PM
Oops! misspelled my name! haha! well, thanks so much for the help, after rethinking it myself and seeing the comments i know it really is worth the extra $75.00. this means alot, thanks for the help and i really appreciate it! Love, the new, *CoastalMist <3