PDA

View Full Version : oh god... *facepalm*

AniaR
05-30-2012, 02:54 PM
How to NOT make moneyb on etsy... http://www.buzzfeed.com/katienotopoulos/39-ridiculously-expensive-weird-items-on-etsy

Prince Calypso
05-30-2012, 04:24 PM
WTF really. the chair was nice but wtf on that list is actually worth what the price tag says

ShyMer
05-30-2012, 04:35 PM
One of my favorites from that list was the mask with an entire skein of yarn for hair. If I'm expected to pay $100,000 dollars for the thing, I think they should take the time to unwrap and do something interesting with it instead of slapping it on top as is.
Anyone read Regretsy.com? A bunch of things here remind me of what they put up sometimes.

I would enjoy getting to play with the fairy tree house though. Nice find, Raina :)

AniaR
05-30-2012, 06:11 PM
I love buzz feed I find the craziest stuff on there.

Mermaid Dottie
05-30-2012, 06:36 PM
The queen's cape looks expensive, but I would say about $3000 for it, not 7.
The effie trinket dress I would pay no more than $50 for.
The Treasure Chest BBQ looks cool, and could probably sell for that much, but I think i could dress up my Dad's like that for way cheaper.
The guitar is horrendously overpriced, and I know guitars.... maybe he could get away with about $700, but certainly not $100,000.
I think the Bob Marley painting is accurately price.
The fairy house thing.... maybe $10,000, but I'd have to know more about it.
The seashell fireplace may have cost that much if they were stupid and bought the seashells instead of looking for them on the beach, but it's ugly anyway.
Everything else can die in a fire.

AniaR
05-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Everything else can die in a fire.

I seriously almost squirt water out my nose when I got to this part. LOL <3 you're great

Spindrift
05-30-2012, 07:06 PM
IDK the painting of two tigers might be worth that much if it was like, really huge or something. I think the motorcycle cover makes a cool picture, but can't think of anyone who would ever buy it. That scarf at the end, I can see someone buying it for AT MOST $40, as a X-mas gift or something.

Mermaid Annariea
05-30-2012, 08:02 PM
the only cool things on there were the pirate grill & the faerie house.
the treehouse might be accurate, because it looks like A LOT of work. and the grill might have been worth what it said too, but i doubt it.

Nemefish
05-30-2012, 08:11 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA............ ........HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAH... COUGH COUGH COUGH *gasps for air*

OMG this made me lol so freaking hard, i lmao! nice, really nice aniar XD

what really cracked me up was the really expensive fork with eyes, wtf! hahaha! XD i could make that myself SIR!

ShyMer
05-30-2012, 08:27 PM
C'mon, guys, you know you need a fork with googly eyes.

OrcaMatt
05-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Meh, $1925 isn't unreasonable for a latex dalmation suit.

What....

Nemefish
05-31-2012, 06:32 AM
C'mon, guys, you know you need a fork with googly eyes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that just made me crack up even more!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Spindrift
05-31-2012, 09:27 AM
"A lot of people are putting googly eyes on their cactuses nowadays. I think it's because cactuses are dangerous. Cactuses have pricklers that can stab you in your hands, your throat, your face. So you need to know where you stand with them all the time. The only way to know where to stand with someone is to look into their eyes, right? Normally plants don't have eyes, so it's hard for me to trust them. Hence. The googly eyes. Still, it's a good rule of thumb. Don't turn your back on a cactus."

Spindrift
05-31-2012, 09:30 AM
... guess I should also post the reference.

It's from a sketch from SNL featuring Christopher Walken as a gardener who is afraid of plants.

(http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/googly-eyes-gardener/1119102)
http://www.nbc.com/assets/video/widget/widget.html?vid=1119102