PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy from stretchhouse.com! They ripped me off AGAIN!

MermaidParties
05-31-2012, 07:04 PM
I've tried to be patient with this company because I like their fabric selection but they've ripped me off for the last time. Before it was little things, like I got charged for 6 yards of fabric and only received 5 and it was like pulling teeth to get it fixed. One time I was told 3 different times to "Call back in half an hour." I was not helped that day, someone finally helped me the following day. And I wasn't calling at odd hours or even being rude with them. I have a hard time being rude to people in customer service even when it's founded due to working in customer service so long, but I've reached my nice limit. This time they've really done it. I ordered $124 worth of fabric and I even have a receipt that says so and I got the charge on my card today and it was $250.93!!! When I called to find out what on earth is going on with that no one wanted to help me. I was told "No one is here to help right now, call back tomorrow, 10am." He didn't apologize, he didn't even try to help me! I will not be ordering from them again and if you value competent customer service and honest transactions, do not do business with stretchhouse.com. Am I the only one who's experienced issues with them? Ah! I'm so angry! I think what really gets me is, that's over $125 of my money I will not have access to for who knows how long and tomorrow is the 1st! If I were penny pinching right now, I'd be screwed. :(

Merman Chris
05-31-2012, 07:06 PM
We've been much happier with Spandex World. Cheaper too.

Mermaid Sirena
05-31-2012, 07:09 PM
Dispute the charge with your card company and report them to the better business bureau.

MermaidParties
Thank you Merman Chris! I appreciate that suggestion, I've actually been looking at them recently. I've been so fed up with stretchhouse's errors and now this.

Merman Chris
Yeah we've had no problems with Spandex World. That dude who answers the phone at Stretch House is an interesting character.

MermaidParties
Already on it Mermaid Sirena :D Thank you. I used my PayPal card and I called them. It's still pending so when it goes through they're going to dispute it for me.

MermaidParties
05-31-2012, 07:11 PM
Haha I'll have to talk to him. The people at stretchhouse, if they answer the phone, never know what's going on. The only guy who has ever helped me with issues was a guy named Kumar.

AniaR
05-31-2012, 08:30 PM
that really sucks Stef sorry that happened

MermaidParties
05-31-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks Raina, it's all good though. It just frustrates me when people have a business and run it with the worst possible customer service. I've worked in customer service for a little over 10 years and it gets hard, and you get really really obnoxious people that you have to deal with buuuut you're in customer service for a reason, if you can't handle it, do something else or hire someone that can. And everyone has a bad day, or makes a mistake once in a while, but stretchhouse has reached their mistake limit with me. I'll just happily take my business somewhere else :D

Sea Pearl
05-31-2012, 10:00 PM
Sorry to here about that happening to you:( Hope you can get things sorted out.

MermaidParties
05-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Thanks Sea Pearl. If stretchhouse wont fix it, my PayPal will because I have my email order receipt to prove it and the guy I talked to today with PayPal said that's all I need and they'll get my money back.

Kanti
06-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Holy sweet jesus. If I were you I'd send them a warning that if they don't get your money back ASAP
you're calling the Better Business Beureu (spelling?) on their asses.
That's insane and then they don't even talk to you? Next time someone says that bs, ask to speak to
their manager.

Post a google review if possible and say they're a bad company with pathetic customer service.

Sort of unrelated I guess, but today I had to go to the DMV to take care of some shit. Long story short,
they ended up trying to charge me a BS $60 late fee for absolutely nothing. I was being charged up the
ass with late fees and today I decided to not stand for it. I told the lady at the cash register "I'm not paying
that, what's the damn fee for? I'm not late for anything and you people didn't even do any work! I came to you,
I waited in line, etc" The whole time everyone was so fucking rude to me. They told me to wait in another line,
to talk to someone else, or to just call some hotline that lead to a customer service automated message that
wouldn't actually get me anywhere. After a while I got super annoyed and demanded to speak to the manager.
Funny how everyone suddenly got super polite after that. I ended up seeing the manager and she voided the
fee and took care of the problem for me.
I guess moral of the story, get the person AT THE TOP to help you out. When employees are being stupid or
difficult, ask them for their names and ask to speak to their manager. Keep going up the ladder and talk to
someone who CAN help you. Usually people just expect you to roll over and accept things, don't take that
shit >8( lol

MermaidParties
06-01-2012, 12:56 AM
People are just so dishonest sometimes! And the shape our economy's in doesn't help the dishonest.. I asked him if there was anyone else I could speak to and he told me no, he was the only one there and he was headed out the door. I sent them an email and demanded this be fixed or I would take action. I was so angry. I've never got an actual email response from them since I started buying from them. And I've sent a couple.

Kanti
06-01-2012, 12:58 AM
Dude, eff them. Tell them they just lost a great customer and they can kiss your ass xD
And if that guy really was heading out the door, why did he even answer the phone?
You should definitely mention him to a manager tomorrow.

MermaidParties
06-01-2012, 01:32 AM
I plan on it haha but I don't think the manager will care. I think it's family owned with only a couple employees.

Kanti
06-01-2012, 01:40 AM
You'd be surprised. I thought that's how the DMV would be since it's government run and such,
but they were actually pretty thorough when I asked for the manager. If it's a family company they
certainly can't afford the bad rep. You threaten them with the BBB or simply Paypal. If you did manage
to call paypal and ask them about the situation I'm sure they'd give you a strong backing, just make
sure you ask them how to go about the situation.

MermaidParties
06-01-2012, 01:23 PM
So.... I called them again and when someone finally answered I politely asked to speak to a manager and he immediately said "The manager's not here" so I said "Who can I talk to then about the unauthorized charge on my credit card?" and he was like "Whats your number, he will call you back." So I guess we'll see. If Kumar is the manager, he usually calls me back and is polite but we'll see since everyone up there knows how mad I am. I'm really glad I called PayPal already.

~Molly~
06-01-2012, 01:28 PM
We've been much happier with Spandex World. Cheaper too.

Merman Chris---i dont see that thay offer neoprene. am i looking right at it?

Merman Chris
06-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Molly, Im not sure, Shell does the ordering....but I know that's where we get our neoprene from!

~Molly~
06-01-2012, 01:43 PM
thx!! will have to call!

Evangeline
06-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Very sorry that happened to you :(

Mermaid Jewel
06-02-2012, 12:17 AM
Spandex world's neoprene is called "neoprin" if that helps. It's under "Nylon Spandex"

MermaidParties
06-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Thanks guys. I hope it gets worked out soon. No one ever called me back from stretchhouse today either.

Mermaid Saphira
06-02-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm so sorry this happened! I trust spandex world...they are very nice :)

MermaidParties
06-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Great! That's good to hear. I hate giving a company that sucks at customer service my money lol Thank you :D

Kanti
06-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Yea, I always try to call the company ahead of time just to talk to the people before I order something
online. You never know if the people even exist or not haha.

I feel your pain, though, I ordered a skull from some weird native american website may 18 and I haven't
gotten any shipping notifications yet. I had called in before I made the order too, and they told me they'd
only take a little while before they shipped it out. Yeeeaaaa apparently not true.

MermaidParties
06-05-2012, 04:17 AM
I hate that! My first experience buying things online was when I was a junior in high school (wow that was a long time ago haha) but I ordered this dress I wanted to wear to my prom, my Nana paid $100 for it and it never came. We tried to go back to the website to call them after a month of no dress and the website was gone :( I had to go find a dress with three days left til prom. I was so upset haha but I haven't had a lot of issues with online ordering since. I try to be cautious of who I buy from online. But I'm already please with the service I've received from Spandex World and I've only place one order so far :D Still can't get anyone to help me at Stretch House but my card company is taking care of it for me :D

Mermaid Star
06-05-2012, 02:08 PM
I am sorry that you have had bad experiences. I have purchased from stretch house and my order went smoothly. I had called them and confirmed my order and amount over the phone. At that time I gave them my account info. (I was worried about cost since I was pinching pennies. So I was very specific and concerned about getting the exact amount that would be charged to me) The transaction went well from what I can remember. Call them again when they said to call back and try to get it resolved. It is better than loosing all of that money.

But yeah, always double check with people what they are going to charge you. (It may have been an accident, hitting the wrong numbers or looking at the wrong paper work) I hope it all works out for you

Kanti
06-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Yea online shopping is always a bit risky.
You sometimes have to just hope and cross your fingers. But in this case at least people are
answering the phone and stuff. Even if the managers don't really seem to care, maybe if you
tell them you're not using their services anymore it might be a wake-up call.

MermaidParties
06-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Haha, I tried that. No one wanted to help me still. I even told them I was just going to have my credit card company deal with it and they still didn't seem to care. But my credit card company fixed it. And I still never heard back from stretchhouse

malinghi
07-28-2012, 08:23 PM
This is quite alarming. Someone just pointed this thread out to me, and I updated MerNetwork's materials list to tell people Stretch House can't be trusted: http://mernetwork.com/index/content.php?139-Materials-and-Supplies

But its odd that other people have had positive experiences with them. I assumed most places that would commit credit card fraud would have an overall bad reputation. I feel bad telling people not to buy from them. Is there any way that this could have been an accident, or do you think they're simply con men trying to rip you off?

Lyna
07-29-2012, 02:27 AM
unfortunately, with this becoming "trendy" there are a lot of rip off artists out there.

Usagi
12-08-2012, 04:01 PM
Spandex World has neoprin..they're totally different, aren't they? Like if I was going to make a latex tail, I should use neoprene, right?

Mermaid Allie
12-09-2012, 11:23 PM
thanks for the tip! I'm really sorry that happened to you :(( i hope everything works out!!!