PDA

View Full Version : Merfolk Meetup Anaheim CA, Sat. August 18th

leeloo
06-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Would anyone be interested in having a meetup in Orange County? Now that I have a tail I'm excited to meet and swim with fellow merfolk!

spottedcatfish
06-15-2012, 06:46 PM
ooh I would. But I don't have a tail, but I could swim with fins right?

malinghi
06-15-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm moving to LA in less than two months, so if you do it in the middle of August I'm totally in.

leeloo
06-26-2012, 03:43 PM
I thought I had replied to this a while ago but apparently not! But yes spottedcatfish, of course you could swim with fins! Malinghi let me know when you get settled in and we can organize a meet up!

malinghi
06-30-2012, 02:50 PM
I think there's enough interest in this that we should try to nail down some dates and find a location. From people I've talked to, and from this thread (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?2267-So-Cal-Mer-meet), I think this is a list of everyone who has expressed interest in a meet up:
Leeloo
spottedcatfish
malinghi
freckled kisses
Merman Craig

Here are some people from the the Pod of Cali Facebook group that are in the LA/SD area. We should invite them:
Traci J Hines (http://www.facebook.com/TraciJHines)
thom shouse (http://www.facebook.com/thom.shouse1)
Kaileila Oceana (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001972030667)
aqua oceana (http://www.facebook.com/aqua.oceana)
lorelei mermaid (http://www.facebook.com/lorelei.mermaid)
Ashley Noel Rowlett (http://www.facebook.com/AshleyNoelRowlett)
angela richardson (http://www.facebook.com/angela.richardson.18294)
Teenzo (http://www.facebook.com/Teenzo)

In the best case scenario, we could get a pretty good turnout, though realistically I'd expect a much smaller crowd.

As for what date, I won't arrive in California until around August 9th, and spottedcatfish said in the other thread that she has classes starting around the 20th. We could do it the weekend of the 11th, but that's at the same time as Merpalooza, and I don't want to conflict with that. So I think it should be the weekend of August 18th.

What do you guys think?

spottedcatfish
06-30-2012, 05:06 PM
My classes actually begin on the 27th, of August but the 18th would be fine. I'll make a suggestion to have this meet in San Diego, but does anyone else have a request for a good place to meet?

leeloo
07-01-2012, 04:45 AM
I'm in Orange County so obviously I would prefer to have it here, lol. But also if we have a lot of people wanting to meet up from both LA area and SD area I think Orange County is a good place in the middle. I guess it depends on who all is interested and where everyone is located. Also are there any good lakes or anything in the area? I just moved to Cali a year ago and still don't know the area really well, lol! As far as the date goes I don't have anything scheduled right now, I'm starting a new job soon and won't be working on Sundays but other than that I don't know what my schedule will be. Work hours are supposed to be pretty flexible though so I'll probably be ok with whenever.

malinghi
07-01-2012, 12:02 PM
One factor is where we can find to go swimming. I think Freckled Kisses knows of somewhere we can all swim in tails in OC, so that gives it a leg up. Full disclosure, I'm in the middle of LA, so having it in OC would be easier for me that having it SD. Do you know of anywhere in SD we could hold it?

Another factor that could influence location would be which city had the most people who were going- we would presumably defer to wherever is convenient for the greatest number of people. But right now we don't have enough people to know which city that would be.

I just posted an event on facebook. The location is TBD right now.
http://www.facebook.com/events/200455350080810/

spottedcatfish
07-03-2012, 02:06 AM
i think that OC would be a good middle point. If there's anyone who wants to carpool, or arrange a carpool, from SD let me know!

Update: I also joined the Facebook group too.

malinghi
07-06-2012, 08:40 PM
I just renamed this thread so the title contains the info about the event.

The latest info is that it's at Anita's mom's house in Anaheim, which has a pool. Its going to be on Saturday, August 18th, and it will probably start around noon.

green52
07-07-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm in.

Anita Mermaid
07-07-2012, 03:29 AM
We're making this happen, and it will be even better with everyone's help!

Mermaid Lorelei
07-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Darn. I'll be visiting California soon, but I'll be heading home on the 4th of August. :(

green52
07-07-2012, 09:04 PM
When are you visiting? Even if you can't come to the party, you might be able to go to the beach or something. When and where are you visiting?

Sirenade
07-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Woohoo! So excited for this! I am not sure if my tail will be done by then, but I hope it is! I am starting a swimmable urethane tail with Thom Shouse today. :D If timing works out I will see if I can bring him down with me for the gathering too. ^_^

I am also friends with Ashley (she is not active on these forums) and will see if I can get her to come down too).

I like how my name shows up at "Teenzo" on the list hahahaha

Mermaid Lorelei
07-08-2012, 02:18 PM
I'll be in CA from the 24th to the 4th.

Nemefish
07-11-2012, 07:06 PM
OH MAN I WOULD LOVE TO MEET UP! :D i am also in orange county :P Please contact me for all the info on where and what time and all that thanks :3 <3

Anita Mermaid
07-12-2012, 12:41 AM
Then we'll just have to do another hang out BEFORE August 4th, Lorelai!

neonmermaid
07-15-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm super in! I work at Disney but live in Huntington Beach, so anywhere in OC is good for me :)

EDIT: Add me on facebook, anybody? facebook.com/laurajnelson

My tail should be done by then.

Mermaid Lorelei
07-15-2012, 07:40 PM
I'm doing my best to get my tail done in time! It also looks like I might be staying a day or two longer. I'm not sure yet.

malinghi
07-15-2012, 08:25 PM
I'm super in! I work at Disney but live in Huntington Beach, so anywhere in OC is good for me :)

EDIT: Add me on facebook, anybody? facebook.com/laurajnelson

I just sent you a friend request on facebook.

green52
07-18-2012, 02:39 AM
still looking forward to this.

malinghi
07-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Yeah, me too. Thanks for topping this thread.

So Anita and I were thinking of doing a potluck but so far no one has shown much interest. Can anyone who's going to this give me some feedback?

spottedcatfish
07-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Yeah, me too. Thanks for topping this thread.

So Anita and I were thinking of doing a potluck but so far no one has shown much interest. Can anyone who's going to this give me some feedback?

I think it's a great idea. Especially for those who have dietary requrements or allergies to certain kinds of foods. I've already talked to Anita about this too, and she agreed. So Yeah lets have a potluck!

green52
07-30-2012, 02:30 AM
I'm in. I have no dietary restrictions.

Koi Pond
07-31-2012, 05:35 PM
Yay I finally have a computer that lets me reply to these threads~~!!~

This sounds like a lot of fun I would love to meet everyone, I live in Orange very close to the meet up. Not sure if I'll have my tail by then its suppose to be done pretty soon.

malinghi
07-31-2012, 06:04 PM
More the merrier Koi! Thom Shouse just RSVP'd yes, so if you come I think that will bring the total up to 14! I just sent you a friend request on Facebook so I can invite you to the party.

Koi Pond
07-31-2012, 06:39 PM
Thank you mate~!!! just accepted :) *squee*

NikkiNeptune
08-01-2012, 01:59 AM
OHHHH MANNNN!!!! I live in the city RIGHT NEXT to Anaheim...in Fullerton! But Tiki Oasis is the weekend of August 18th, so I'll be down in San Diego swimming with MeduSirena of the World Famous Wreck Bar! Let's please please PLEASE organize another meetup soon! <3 The photos and video from a get together like this would be sooooo amazing!!

spottedcatfish
08-01-2012, 04:54 AM
OHHHH MANNNN!!!! I live in the city RIGHT NEXT to Anaheim...in Fullerton! But Tiki Oasis is the weekend of August 18th, so I'll be down in San Diego swimming with MeduSirena of the World Famous Wreck Bar! Let's please please PLEASE organize another meetup soon! <3 The photos and video from a get together like this would be sooooo amazing!!

We should totally organize another meetup! I just looked at the site for Tiki Oasis. It looks really fun! I hope you and MeduSirena have a wonderful time!

Koi Pond
08-01-2012, 02:00 PM

Thats Sounds really fun Nikki! It's so wonderful to know that more mermaids are living around our area~~~! Hope to meet you in the future, have fun at the event and lots O Pictures!!!! :)

green52
08-03-2012, 03:28 AM
Whats the Wreck Bar?

Koi Pond
08-04-2012, 11:42 PM
So i'm a bit worried that my tail is not going to be ready for the event, does anyone have suggestions on where i could rent one for now or something. I really want to swim with everyone :(

Dez Fewell
08-14-2012, 11:05 AM
So sad I live in Las Vegas but I will be in the area Aug 24-26, so I will miss the meet up by a week :(. But me and the hubby are going to Corona del Mar beach to take pics with some of my tails and swim with the hubby. Would love any suggestions on places to see while we are in the area. Also if anyone wants to got to the beach, fashion district, or just a night out let me know would love to meet people who love mermaids as much as I do!!

Koi Pond
08-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Dez I would love to meet up when your out here, It's nice to meet other mermiads. Maybe we can meet for a swim as well :) let me know and i'll PM you my number.

Sirenade
08-20-2012, 10:57 PM
I had an amazing time meeting all of you! Thanks for making a magical day! :D Thom gives his thanks too ^_^

NatalieMermaid
08-21-2012, 03:02 AM
I just read this thread. :-( sorry I missed it. Please let me know of future SOuthern CAlifornia get togethers!

NatalieMermaid
12-13-2012, 09:23 PM
How do i get added to that POS of CALI facebook page?

Sirenade
12-16-2012, 03:27 AM
I just read this thread. :-( sorry I missed it. Please let me know of future SOuthern CAlifornia get togethers!

I will text you when anything else comes up so you don't miss it. ;)

You were out of town when we did the craft day at Thom's too. We will do another one at some point. *hugs*

MaskedNightingale
07-15-2013, 07:11 PM
I'm from the central coast. & I'm in as well. :)

Mermaid Kalliope
07-18-2013, 03:42 AM
Grrr... Finally there is a meet up I can make feasibly and I'm going to be on the other side of the state. I will be in Alameda (Near San Fran) from Aug 7th-24th. So, I can't make it. :-/ Darn it!!! ARUGH. Next one, right? :-P

Usagi
07-18-2013, 08:15 PM
Lol this is from last year, guys. Go to the page on facebook to see updates on meetups, if you're a member

cheshkitten
08-04-2013, 06:59 AM
I'm not a member, where can I find that?

MaskedNightingale
08-05-2013, 02:57 PM
I definitely won't have my tail yet :(