PDA

View Full Version : What's your dream?

NewYorkMermaid
06-03-2012, 02:16 AM
What is one big goal in your life you hope to live, make, be or do?

Being who I am, I have lived and done so many things but there is one goal i hope to create one day. I hope to create an education program along with a Marine Animal Rescue Center. I have the plans, ive been researching this out for oh 15 years now. I've adjusted my ideas to be more real, I know how much money i'll need to just begin the construction, how much space ill need for an area for the rescue center and what personnel is also needed, along with a volunteer program and a outreach program.. I just got to get the ball rolling.. per say.. I want to also create within my center a place where animals unable to surve in the wild can be kept as ambassadors for people to come learn about..

I went to Clearwater Marine Aquarium and besides it being Super Small I noticed the lack of educational experience there and it bugged the hell out of me seeing 'resident turtles, sharks and rays' in a tiny tank with no attempt to mimic a habitat or even anything stimulating.. I understand some of these animals are unable to live in the wild but for pete's sake, give them something a bit more "beach like".. Im all for rescuing sea turtles, manatees, seals and other marine life and i do understand hopsital tanks are made a certain way, but resident animals need something a bit more..like home.. i guess. turtles need a haul out area, these guys didinet even have that..

This is one big goal i put in my hands, And im planning to push for it.. So what are your goals?

Artisankatie
06-03-2012, 03:37 AM
Wow! That's quite a dream! I hope it all comes true for you, that sounds amazing!

As for me, at the moment my dreams are centred around a career as a geoscientist. I'd like to work in mineralogy at the CSIRO, or work with NASA in their Mars missions :3

Also one of Raven's silicone tails is also up there in the dreams box :P

Mermaid Marissa
06-03-2012, 09:50 AM
For me? hmmm... I have always wanted to work with animals since I was a little girl. People say that the second I am near an animal both of our behaviors change XD I would really like to work with marine life. I think the ocean is beautiful and all of her creatures :D I guess it's a part of me knowing that my name means , child of the sea, I'm an Aquarius and I love being a mermaid haha. Though I love land animals too so I don't know where I'll end up haha.

As for mermaid dreams.... to have a Raven tail most definitely! Also to learn to hold my breath for a crazy long time (my record is a minute 30)

Ayla of Duluth
06-03-2012, 11:40 AM
A dream that ironically enough came to me in a dream is I want to earn enough money to buy a raven tail. I had a dream that I was a friend of the owner of our local aquarium, (but you know how dreams like to make things look extravagant and overexaggerated, so it looked more like an entire building made of aquarium tanks) Anyways, I kept begging him to lend me 3k so I could buy a raven tail and then use it to swim in the aquarium and raise money for it, and then pay him back that 3k. (our local aquarium is damn near broke, it's barely in business) Anyways, we got into a huge fight, and then one day he gave me a beautiful mermaid tail that fit me perfectly, it was the perfect style, and the colors were beautifully blended baby blues, purples, and pinks. Buuuut seeing as dreams are strange, the tail was made out of yarn. He knitted it himself, and apparently it cost him 3k to do it. -rolls eyes-

Anyways, when I woke up, I realized, I want to help the aquarium out by becoming an attraction there. Who knows? maybe I'll meet someone else who's interested in mermaids and wants to be my parnter in mermaiding. :)

tl;dr
I want to earn 3k for a raven tail so I can help my local aquarium bring in some money to help stay in business, and I never would have thought of it if I hadn't had a crazy dream about a tail made out of yarn.

NewYorkMermaid
06-03-2012, 01:00 PM
Interesting Future Goals. Its nice to know there are others out there who share similar ideas :)

keep sharing both your "human" goals and mermaid goals

AniaR
06-03-2012, 01:13 PM
first off, LOVE YOUR PROFILE PIC. <3 haha just had to get that outta the way :3

Your dream is so very lovely! I think if you could accomplish it I'd be very comfortable with the idea of you having captive animals. For me, one of my big arguments against is so many places dont even attempt to make a habitat. If I become rich and famous I'll be a celebrity sponsor! lol <3

I have actually been very lucky to have accomplished a LOT of my dreams. Some were awesome right away, some worked out in the end, and some ended up not being worth it all. I had a dream to be a model and I started that when I was 18 and really got to a good level between 20-22 before I decided to get out of the commercial stuff. That was a big deal for me since I'd endured abuse as a kid and was frequently told I was ugly and didn't have what it takes. Obviously my mermaid stuff was a dream. Becoming a teacher was also a long term dream, and here I am one, and there's no jobs. lol. I always wanted to swim with dolphins but as I have learned more Ive decided wild dolphins. I had music dreams too and I got to open for a few Canadian musicians when I was younger, and I got to meet some of my favourite bands and musicians of all time. For the most part that was positive, until I befriended a Canadian musician (like someone who was my idol, their music was the soundtrack to my life and the reason I got through a lot of things) and after being friends with him for a few years it turned out he was really a typical rock star guy who used women and expected to do the same with me and when I refused it went downhill pretty fast. It really SUCKS to have your idol say something along the lines of "I thought you were that kind of girl...." that one took a while to get over.

I think for me, a big motivator to reach many of my dreams was being sick a lot and as dumb as it sounds, fear of death. I was always afraid something was going to happen and Id get sick and die with all the stupid health problems I have. So whenever I was really down I'd push myself hard.

Right now my big goals are: Get my own classroom (not likely to happen any time soon), develop my own curriculum related to teaching about the environment through books, films, and interactive games etc. Id really love to meet David Suzuki for total nerd purposes, I wanna see a Lady Gaga concert (no one ever comes here) get married, and see how far I can take my mermaiding. We have a lot of local musicians so being in a local music video would be super neat too (as Raina). Overall, I feel very content with my life right now, I've gotten do so many things and have so many experiences. Actually, writing this reply to you just made me really sit here and feel grateful for all the awesome experiences <3 I feel kinda guilty wanting more because Ive gotten so much! ^.^ and your dream is a LOT less selfish than mine haha ^.^; I think it's lovely.

Nyx
06-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Lanai, please do tell us how that dream goes. I would love to go visit that place some day :).

My goal is to be one of the best and most Eco-friendly architects and landscape designers,
In the world (yes a little far fetched but, that's what I'm fighting for).
I want to make buildings and houses and the like that make it possible for nature and humans to live side by side without disturbing each other.
The one building I want to make no matter what, is a whole office building type thing made out of bamboo (for the most part) with different tunnels within the structure that allow the resident animals that once lived there to make a home there once again. But at the same time keep it separate from people for sanitary and health reasons.
I also want to go around zoos and aquariums or any place that keeps animals, and redesign their exhibits to make them as close to their natural environment as possible.

NewYorkMermaid
06-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Nyx that sounds awesome, i might need your opinions on resident exhibits when that time comes. you have a great dream

Nyx
06-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Daww thank you Lanai ^ u ^
I would be glad to help :)

mermaidcatherine
06-04-2012, 10:45 PM
I have so many dreams oh goodness. I wish we could live 900 years or something so I can accomplish everything I want to do.
As far as dreams how ever, I want work at Disney, play in the pit for a Broadway show, have a music therapy center, and travel the world.

I have a lot of dreams.

And this just goes with the thread...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMFHbQ3agvE&feature=related

Mermaid Lorelei
06-05-2012, 12:01 AM
It is my dream to start up a realistic tailmaking business as well as a professional mermaiding career. Aside from that, my other main goal is to be married to the man of my life and to live a full life with him as a mermaid. (because he's amazing and loves my mermaid self)

Blondie
06-05-2012, 12:18 AM
I love how many marine based dreams are here in the Network! We have some seriously devoted mers out there to their community.

Since I'm officially out of high school and slowly moving toward college I guess should share my planned path.
My dream is to work on a television network. Right now I'm aiming for news, but I have a little bit of a dream to work with Food Network. I can't cook for crap, but I love trying new foods, watching others good, and well..Just tasting food is awesome, right?

I also want to get into the state of mind that I won't be shy about mermaiding. You would think six years of dreaming about it, I wouldn't be so darn shy about wearing a tail out in public, but I am... And along with the others, I hope to have a tail made by Raven one day.

Sea Pearl
06-05-2012, 12:19 AM
It's really nice to hear people’s dreams :) I do believe that if you never lose sight of what you want and work at it any dream or goal can become possible. My biggest dream is to become a published author. I've been writing historical fiction for a good few years now and have many novels started but when the day comes that I can go from being a writer to an author...that will be a dream come true for me. Another one of my dreams so to someday become a professional mermaid too.

Mizuko
06-05-2012, 12:43 AM
I love hearing everyone's dreams! ^_^ I hope that they all come true! <3
My dream is to use mermaiding to bring tourism to the town I grew up in- we are famous for our 'clean seas' and I am so passionate about sharing my amazing experiences in/on the waves with other people! I hope to start this by the end of the year. ^_^
My other dreams are to get married to my amazing partner, build a dream home by the sea (we cant decide on a Japanese-style house or a castle. lol!!) and just be happy ^_^ I guess I'm into the 'little things' in life- as long as I am happy and positive, I believe anything is possible!

michellerobison
06-05-2012, 12:44 AM
My dream was to create art and be free to explore and not be financially hindered..... I've traveled to many countries and seen many wonderful things, got my pilot's license so most of my dreams have been fullfilled. I love to create and get to do it on an almost daily basis..., still working on those financial encumberances....I better get on it,I'm getting old ,I'm 48....

I do have it pretty good, I have a supportive husband,who doesn't squash my dreams... step son who is finally, at 35 getting his sh*t together...kinda...

I wake up to five fluffy faces every morning...plus my husband's.... and lots of sloppy kisses!

Surrounded by art and nature and it's wonders. Loving the warm weather and opening the house up, .....nature smells soooo good! Hearing the birds during the day, the tree frogs and crickets at night.

I've had most of my dreams come true so now I need to think of new ones to reach for,keeps one going...

LittleTreasure
06-05-2012, 01:24 AM
Hmm. I've had way too many dreams in my life to list here....I wanted to be everything under the sun as a little girl. :rolleyes: I must've thought I was Barbie or something.

Now I've condensed it into a smaller (and hopefully more manageable :p) list for now:

Complete my college education. I'm aiming for an Master of Fine Arts degree, farther in the future of course (in what, I don't know yet....So many choices) and some kind of degree in Psychology, although right now it's just my minor. This is my safer dream and the most important.

Find a steady job until I can complete my education, and so I can move out of my parents' house and start supporting myself. Move into an adorable little apartment/house and have a pair of pet bunnies (lol). For now though I just want to save up enough money to make my Trout tail while I have some time to, as silly as that is.

My risky dream: Take my musical/artistic experience and DO something with it! I'm taking acting classes at the moment, so that I can audition and sing at an Agent Showcase and hopefully be able to do just that. I have ALWAYS wanted to sing and act professionally. Always. Crossing my fingers and praying this works out. If this dream does come true and I can start working on a musical career I'd love to incorporate my Mersona... a career like this could help me get the means to make a difference somehow.

Find myself, and then find the love of my life (whoever that person may be). Adopt or have children with said person. Enjoy the rest of my life. Find new dreams to chase.

Mermaid Sirena
06-05-2012, 12:14 PM
My dream is to have laugh lines by the time I'm 65 to show all the joy that has been in my life.

Other wise

Become a National Sales Director in Mary Kay
Become a world renowned Mermaid Model/Performer/Spokeswomen for learning disabilities
Own/run my own LARP
Swim with a Great White in tail
Work for FAE or Mermaids & Mythology Magazines
Write a book

A recent idea that I had and thought I could be quite good at is a life make over coach. There are people who can help you redo you look, update your closet, or help you change your path in life. I think it would be wonderful to do all three. I've found many times people in bad life situations also have poor personal appearances & do not know what clothes work for their body type. I would love to be able to help them completely make over their life and become who they want to be, not who they are stuck as.

Just a few thoughts, there are infinitely more things though I wish to compete.

NewYorkMermaid
06-05-2012, 12:49 PM
@Sirena your alone with that dream of swimming with a great white. I also want to swim with dolphins and whales- orcas, in tail

Ilonka
06-08-2012, 12:58 PM
My dream is to become a famous model and makeup artist. I want to study special fx and design my own fantasy characters for movies and artistic photoshoots. I want to create a sieries of elves, harpies, dragons, fairies and of course merfolk all in makeup and costumes. I ll probably going to take photography courses because I also want to be the photographer and take these characters to natural environments to be photographed. I want to create something unique in the art and photography world, and be remembered for it! I love nature so I'm dying to travel to exotic places to obtain the best photoshoots possible on land and in the sea , that way I can show the world the beauty of nature and fantasy through my work.

Kanti
06-08-2012, 01:10 PM
I want people to think of my name when it comes to making prosthetics, accessories, or anything
else costume related. I suppose even for real world applications if they work with it.
If someone needs advice I want them to associate me with their first lead as to learning how to make
their project work. I want people to google "Kanti" and find my website at the top xD

I want to be associated with making realistic props and prosthetics and hopefully change people's
minds when it comes to using CG over actual prosthetics.

Ilonka
06-08-2012, 01:26 PM
I want people to think of my name when it comes to making prosthetics, accessories, or anything
else costume related. I suppose even for real world applications if they work with it.
If someone needs advice I want them to associate me with their first lead as to learning how to make
their project work. I want people to google "Kanti" and find my website at the top xD

I want to be associated with making realistic props and prosthetics and hopefully change people's
minds when it comes to using CG over actual prosthetics.

I totally get what ur saying, nowadays in movies its so hard to find one that has actual makeup, real special fx is a rare and unfortunately dying art. Good thing there are still costume enthusiasts aover the world like ourselves who actually want to live and experience being a mermaid or a na'vi.
That's where people like us shine in our artform.

Kanti
06-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Yea, CG is just not my thing. It looks good in movies sometimes, I suppose, but you can always
tell that it's not real. I think it's amazing when people make props that look so real that you question
how they made them rather than just see something that's animated and not wonder about how
it's done at all.
I actually managed to make a pair of hooved faun shoes that aren't big and bulky like those
stilts people often make. I think they look pretty slender and realistic if played off well enough.
Whenever I take them to renaissance fairs I always get asked how the hell I managed to pull it
off.
I suppose that's the sort of thing I like. When people just have to ask you how you did it. When
it's no longer just an obvious costume. And maybe, even for small kids, a question of whether
or not it's real :')

SherryB
07-11-2012, 03:12 AM
I want to make a series of elves, harpies, mythical beasts, fairies and of course merfolk all in cosmetics and outfits. I'll probably going to take digital cameras programs because I also want to be the digital photographer and take these figures to organic surroundings to be captured.

Azurin Luna
07-11-2012, 04:03 AM
My dream is to be able to create everything I like from myths, but thus far money and space have hold me off :(

Other then that I want to design and create a submarine in the shape of a big manta, I would want to use it for a deepsea tour of the oceans so that people who can't swim for any reason can still enjoy the underwater world that stays hidden for them otherwise. The reason of choosing a manta is that they 'fly' through the water and if I'm able to recreate that motion I don't need propellors to propel the sub, meaning less noise for all the fishes and other creatures and no acidental chopping. The sea is already polluted by noise of all the big ships sailing overhead and I don't want to contribute to that. Also it has to run on green energy.

spottedcatfish
07-11-2012, 04:36 AM
My dream one day is to have a career working with animals. Sea life, and/or wild, or domesticated animals. I'm my happiest when I am with animals, rather than people, and I think that If I work with animals, I will be happier too. Sure, it's no money making venture, but If i'm doing what I love and it's enough money to live off of, then I will be happy. I'm going to be looking into volunteer and possibly internship opportunities in the near future, to get the ball rolling with this dream, to make it one day, a reality.

Merman Dan
07-11-2012, 10:04 AM
To kickstart the other dreams, I suppose first I must dream of winning the lottery. ;)

First, I'd like to finish a few things around the house. My wife wants to turn the basement into a photography studio, while I'd like to finish off the unfinished side of the basement, where she ostracized my aquariums, into my "Merman Cave". I have an unfinished area over my garage that I'd like to turn into two bedrooms and an additional bathroom. Then of course there's fencing, landscaping, and dozens of projects to undertake outdoors.

Then I would invest in the local economy by opening an aquarium store that features aqua-cultured corals/live rock and farm-raised fish. Nearby, I would open an indoor fishing facility so the elderly and disabled could have a climate-controlled place to enjoy fishing for an afternoon. I would also invest in a swimming pool company that installs natural pools. I also want to establish a business centered around home automation and assistive technology.

Then of course would come the vacation home(s) on the coast and the floating seastead community.

Bellasea
07-11-2012, 10:25 AM
I don't necessarly want "things;" I want experiences. I have hip problems, like bad hip problems, and I run. I dream of being able to run a marathon and then being albe to complete an ultra-marathon.

I wish to be able to see the sun set on the Atlantic Ocean and the sun rise over the Pacific.

"Happiness is wanting what you have." This is my big goal, to want what I have. I want to be able to get to a point in my life where this is true for me. This is something that I have always wanted to do.

Mermaid Summer
07-11-2012, 10:43 AM
I want to write a book or two. Get a tail, own a tank.

Right now my goal is to get a fish tank or a cat.