PDA

View Full Version : Bringing your Tail on vacation as a carry-on on a plane will they let you???

JesseaP7488
06-04-2012, 11:41 AM
If i make a bag that i can carry my latex tail with me (making sure its not sticking to its self) will they allow you to take it on the plane with you?? i am going to Maui in August and want to bring it with me but i am afraid to put it in my regular lugage b/c I dont want them to mess with it and break it at all thats why i want to bring it with me on the plane as a carry-on but idk if they will allow it? has anyone ever brought their tail with them on the plane??

New York Mermaid
06-04-2012, 12:30 PM
I went to florida 2 weeks ago and had my tail in a garment bag and i got to carry it on the plane with zero issue :)

AniaR
06-04-2012, 12:44 PM
depends on the size of your tail. I had to ship mine in a box when we flew to Florida. It wouldnt fit in any standard bag, but the box was fine and customs thought it was funny

Spindrift
06-04-2012, 04:51 PM
I've traveled with my tail for the past 3 years or so. I've only ever checked it in once and all the other times I've hand carried it. I travel by plane a lot - it's my one environmental faux pas. I do it around four to five times a year, around the world.

JesseaP7488
06-04-2012, 10:15 PM
this is great help guys thank goodness i have you guys! thanks so much . I cant wait i am hoping to find some mer-people in Maui when I go looking to make friends with pods all over. this is a great network!. thank you again so much i would have been worrying the whole time wondering if i could take it with me or not hahaha

Sea Pearl
06-05-2012, 12:13 AM
That's great that they don't seem to have a problem taking tails onboard :D I'd love to take my tail with me next time I go back to England. I would think taking it on an international flight might be the same a domestic...though I'm sure different airlines have different policies.

Spindrift
06-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I usually stick to Star Alliance flights (United) or Singapore Airlines (best airlines I've ever been on).

JesseaP7488
06-05-2012, 07:04 PM
we are taking american airlines hope they are tail friendly ill just wrap it up good and i want to make a bag that its like a back pack for it. unless you guys know where i can buy one??

Spindrift
06-06-2012, 12:13 AM
I've had horrible experiences with them and refused to ever fly with them again. The lady who works for them at the counter in San Francisco is horrible and I have a video to prove it, but this isn't about that lol. Are you using a wave monofin? It should be small enough to fit in a regular suitcase, padded with clothes on either side of it.

JesseaP7488
06-06-2012, 03:47 PM
I have large Oceanika merfin its pretty large but i was going to make a backpack bag to fit the shape of it but if i can fit it into a regular suitcase than im going to try to with clothes on eachside.