PDA

View Full Version : Flesh colored tail?

leeloo
06-04-2012, 11:38 PM
What do you all think about a flesh-colored mermaid tail? I was thinking if mermaids are real, they would probably have a tail that is the same color as their skin. Maybe flesh colored tail with a little bit of color worked in, but I was thinking for a realistic tail flesh tones might be a good idea. Maybe like an orca pattern, but instead of the white it would be skin-color. What do you guys think?

Kanti
06-04-2012, 11:42 PM
That would be a cute idea :')
It would certainly help blend the colors together.
I always prefered to think merfolk would have more vibrant colors and they wouldn't really have "nude"
coloring but since we have that color skin making a tail like that would help make it all the more realistic

Mermaid Lorelei
06-04-2012, 11:48 PM
I actually really like the idea. Probably not wholly nude coloring, but at least partially. :>

LittleTreasure
06-05-2012, 01:36 AM
That actually sounds really unique..it would look so pretty! Although, I'd want to make it a little bit more shimmery than our skin is naturally, at least until it blends into the tummy area. It'd be fun to incorporate freckles and stuff into it too like some of us have on the rest of our bodies. :)

Would it look something like your profile picture? It's gorgeous by the way.

Nemefish
06-05-2012, 01:45 AM
omg ive been thinking about that for so long now, that's a great idea! :thumbs-up:

leeloo
06-05-2012, 02:11 AM
Ooo, freckles, that's a good idea...the freckles could transition to bigger sizes and even colors to become spots! Hmm...

Mermaid Sirena
06-05-2012, 01:50 PM
I think it could turn out either really cool, or really not.
This one is fleshed toned to start and then sorta works it's way down to colored.

leeloo
06-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Ooo, I likey :)

Mermaid Annariea
06-05-2012, 06:08 PM
i was actually planning on making a flesh colored tail with red and purple, sort of based off of a purple fire dartfish. ( http://www.fishlore.com/Pictures/Profiles/purplefirefish-lg4.jpg )
i like the idea if its done right.

Mermaid Photine
06-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Oooh, I knew this would be posted eventually! yay! I love the idea that the tail is seamless looking.

My dream tail is flesh coloured with markings on the back, haven't quite decided between green or purple marks.

Mermaid Saphira
06-05-2012, 08:53 PM
I think it could turn out either really cool, or really not.
This one is fleshed toned to start and then sorta works it's way down to colored.

I normaly don't like the idea of a flesh colored tail (unless blended at the waist) but all these ideas and that gorgeous photo has changed my mind!!

Nate Walis
06-06-2012, 04:28 AM
You could always look to the legend of the Selkie for inspiration and take note of the patterns that you tend to see on a seal's hide.

Ilonka
06-06-2012, 10:59 PM
That's a beautiful tail, who is the designer? I think it would look beautiful to blend the flesh color into a pearl white/pinksnd then add a tiny bit of other soft pearl colors like blue or silver.

Mermaid Sirena
06-07-2012, 01:03 PM
I really love that idea for the coloration! Unfortunately I don't know who made it but I know who photographed it ^_^