PDA

View Full Version : Monofin Mystery

*Celine*
06-10-2012, 05:16 PM
So here's the deal, I've got a Competitor Monofin a while ago, I think it's a great monofin but I'm having a bit of an issue.

You see, the Competitor has these 2 rubber lines at the end of the footpockets going down on the fiberglass and I was researching Hannah's blue tail and noticed that, even though she also uses Competitors, you don't see those rubber lines come through the neoprene and with me they do, even though my neoprene fabric is quite thick.

Does anyone know if you can hide these lines? Are there people with the same problem? How did you solve it? Can you take those rubber lines off or cut them so they don't stand out that much?

I hope everybody knows what I'm talking about, I'm sorry if I didn't use the right words.

Blondie
06-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Maybe she files them down?

Ayla of Duluth
06-10-2012, 05:51 PM
I found a fin that was exactly like the competitor, except it didn't have the two rubber lines, it looked like it was made of strong rubber instead of fiberglass, and it was way cheaper. I can't remember where I found it, but she coul have gotten her monofin from there. Swimfins I think it was...

Mermaid Lorelei
06-10-2012, 06:55 PM
The waterway fins have a competitor style monofin that has none of the ridges found in the finis version. She could be using that.

AniaR
06-10-2012, 07:05 PM
yeah mine has ridges that you always see on my tail. You could probably sand them off. I kinda like mine, I know it takes away from people's idea of what a mer looks like but I tell kids they're fish bones and they totally believe

*Celine*
06-10-2012, 07:14 PM
iblondie: yeah, I was thinking about that but I'm afraid it will weaken the monofin... :-s

waterwolf & mermaid lorelei: but if she did use another type of monofin that means that she's lying to everyone and I can't imagine her doing that, even if it was for her own protection.

aniar: that's not a bad explanation actually, fish bones... good one

DoubleOSix
06-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Yeah, waterway has fins that are sized like the "competitor" without the black ridges. I used to own one.