PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Raven Victoria Mascara??

Mahi Mermaid
06-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone knew what mascara and eyeliner Mermaid Raven uses? Whenever I buy the "waterproof" kind it always washes off in the water after a swim and I look like a dead mermaid with makeup running down my cheeks....any one know what she uses??

Kanti
06-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Bleh I feel you. I've gone through a few eyeliners/mascaras before I found some good ones.
I find that some wash off no matter what but others will stay on very well!
You just cannot rub/touch your eyes! That will make anything run, whether it's waterproof or not xD

I use maybelline mascara and that stuff is great. It never comes off o_o
As for eyeliner, I use a gel kind that doesn't say it's waterproof but it stays on great
it's from clinique

I dunno what Raven uses in general, she might answer if she sees this topic, but there are
several alternatives you could use as well.

AniaR
06-14-2012, 03:44 PM
There's a LOT of great actual waterproof makeup out there, you just have to ask for it in makeup stores and be willing to invest- it's not cheap. Mac makes some, just go to a Sephora or any similar store, or even department stores, tell them you need stuff that holds up and is actually water proof not "splashproof". Or water resistant. You want water proof.

Also, a LOT of beauty lines carry water proof sealer, as well as costume shops- where you can put the sealer over regular makeup to make it water proof. Again, just go in and ask.

I went to a lot of stores, tried several brands and things, many of these stores will give you FREE samples, and I know at sephora they'll even let you test stuff out with actual water. Some things are oil based (star uses oil based ones- I cant, skin too sensitive) some things arent. But there are some things just much better in real life than on a forum ;) just be aware that most places 25$ is a cheap price for one thing, and they go up from there. Go to your mall, ask, test, and look to find what's right for you :)

I went to sephora and they showed me several water proofing sealers, and I tried one on top of my mermaid minerals, and that stuff barley came off again with makeup remover lol.

SireniaSolaris
06-14-2012, 05:37 PM
I agree with Kanti - I use the same Mascara and I have never had an issue - including when I spent an entire day in Weeki Wachee's mermaid camp. Rubbing WILL make your make up run. I didn't touch mine, just spent time underwater, and mine was fine. A couple of camp mates used the same stuff as me, but had the tendancy to rub their eyes and so by the end of the day, their make up was not looking so great. Just don't rub and you should be fine. Maybeline is the only mascara I have ever used. Eye liner, I have used Loriel, which was fine, and Make up Forever, which I LOVE!! It is so bold and vivid! That is also the brand I use for eyeshadow - this brand you can find at Sephora. As Raina said - not cheap stuff!

Spindrift
06-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Has anyone tried the waterproof sealer sold through Mermaid Minerals? Is it any good?

AniaR
06-14-2012, 10:17 PM
I used their water proof iline and lip seal and it's excellent. My couple of photos where Im online in a pool thats what I used.

BlueMermaid
06-16-2012, 10:21 PM
I use covergirl waterproof eyeliner and mascara and it stays on. I use Urban Decay eyeshadow primer and put regular eyeshadow overtop, and it says on. I love it.

SeaVixen
06-17-2012, 05:19 AM
I've heard makeup forever's eye seal is good to make any eye makeup waterproof! You just put on regular powder eyeshadow or whatever shadow that isn't waterproof and pat the eye seal over it and let dry and it waterproofs it. Also essence gel liner is $3.50 and its waterproof. You can buy from ulta. Covergirl's lash blast waterproof is good mascara. Revlon lip stain chubby pencils I've heard good things about because its a stain so it lasts all day even after eating or swimming. Makeup forevers face and body liquid foundation I've heard is the best waterproof face makeup and makeup forevers concealer. Makeup forevers aqua pencil liner is good for the waterline and tightlining. These are the things I'm going to try out. I'm getting a sample of the foundation and concealer first because they are high dollar! I'm hoping the eye seal will prevent me from having to buy all waterproof eyeshadow. I already own the makeup forever aqua eyeliner pencil and it is good!

BlueMermaid
06-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Haha this makes me think of the event I did yesterday, I had 3 kids ask me if my makeup ever comes off in the water! lol!

I use an 18 hr lip color, I forget what brand it is. That stuff stays on for days!

SherryB
07-11-2012, 03:09 AM
Just one factor that a lot of elegance collections bring waterproof wax, as well as outfit shops- where you can put the wax over frequent cosmetics to create it waterproof. Again, just go in and ask.

Mermaid Citrine
07-19-2012, 03:22 AM
I use waterproof eyeliner and mascara from "Beauty without cruelty" I purchased on amazon. I love it because its not tested on our precious animal kin and its affordable and waterproof ! I have found this tip useful though....with any 'waterproof' makeup it seems usually the first dunking underwater can cause a bit excess to come off so to avoid this, after I put on my waterproof eye makeup, I allow it to dry/set for 5 minutes, then I splash my eyes with water and blink a few times to get rid of anything that's going to come off right away. Usually this only means a little comes off perhaps where I put too much mascara on anyway, etc. then I just clean my undereye where the smudge occurred and the rest stays on during my water time :)

LittleAmy
07-19-2012, 04:10 AM
For my part, I don't know what she's wearing but The best waterproof make up I know is the Make up Forever line paint pot :)