PDA

View Full Version : MerFriend Meet June 23rd & July 21st saturday

New York Mermaid
06-14-2012, 10:28 PM

Time- TBA (to be announced) check back for info)

Day: Saturday June 23rd (mermaid parade day) & June 21st

What To Bring: Camera, Tails/Monofins, Other mer-friends, Anything you want.

Whats going to happen: Its a Mer-friend Get together, Bring your tails or monofin (fabric or otherwise), Cameras, other mer friends, Anything you like. We are just going to hang out and get to know each other and swim if you want. Personally I would love to find a photographer for both meet ups..

How To Get There: You can take the 2, 3, 4, 5, train at grand central to Atlantic Avenue (barclays center) / aka- Pacific Street on D, N ,R trains and take the Q train toward Coney Island- West 8 street. You can also take the D or N train to stillwell and transfer to the F or Q train one stop to west 8 street. IF you have any questions feel free to Pm me :)

~~ Comment Below if your going to one or the other or both..

*I will Be going to Both Meetups**

Spindrift
06-14-2012, 11:42 PM
I wish I was still in NY for this! :|

New York Mermaid
06-15-2012, 12:19 AM
aww I wish you could come on down on the 21st :( i'd love to hang out. But hey mermaid tails or not whenever your in new york let me know.. that goes for all mers as well..

TaurielTheElementMerfairy
06-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Hi Lanai. I might be able to go in July since I'm hoping to order my mermaid stuff from another mermaid/tail maker on Facebook. I just need to ask my payee to see if I can get the money that I need from her and maybe if I can a few other things that are on my to get list. I'm hoping to order everything before the meet so I can do an un opening pics/videos so everyone can see what I got from her and post them on my mermaid pages when I make them. I'll also need to know how much the train is from Pittsfield and to New York and then back home so I can get the money for that as well. I'm wondering if I do get everything that I need to go, is there a mer that lives near me that could pick me up and bring me to the train station and back home when it's all done since me and my bf don't have a car but we are trying are best to get a car. Please let this soon to be newbie mermaid know about who can bring me to the station and back home when the meet is done if I can go as soon as you can. Also please let me know as soon as you can on what the actual date is for the meet so I can put it on my calender. I hope to hear from some mer soon. Thanks. :D:)

Spindrift
07-01-2013, 10:21 AM
Pretty sure this was last year for 2012, but that doesn't mean another meet up couldn't be planned for 2013. We just had one on June 21st though. And I won't be back in the area until July 27th+.

Echinacea
07-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Hmmm... my Mum-in-law has a house on Cape Cod, in Pocasset (which is near Falmouth and Woods Hole), with a couple of nice beaches within easy walking distance. We are on the Buzzards Bay side of the cape, so the water is usually pretty warm. Would there be any interest in a meet-up in late August?