PDA

View Full Version : A word about customer service ...

AniaR
07-26-2011, 11:41 PM
I just thought this should be a cautionary tale to all the sellers out there about customer service... and what us Canadians do when we don't get it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

This is 1 of 3 viral music videos The Sons of Maxwell (Canadian, local band) did when United Airlines broke the singers guitar and refused to do anything about it. The video went huge (you can see the view count there) If you google "United Breaks Guitars" you can follow the whole entire saga but yeah IT WAS REALLY BAD FOR UNITED and REALLY GOOD FOR SONS OF MAXWELL.

true story: I know a bunch of people in the video, and I have modeled in the same studio it was shot and the videographer has published me before as a model!

Anyway, let this serve as a warning. ;) It's better to work hard to improve your product and customer service then to try and silence anyone who says the truth about their experiences. Don't think for a second A GIANT COOPERATION like United was even able to sue or make threats- not with The Sons of Maxwell on the case.

United" apologized" but like a certain other person we know didn't take any responsibility or offer any help. So along came song #2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-UoERHaSQg&feature=relmfu
"If you'd just come to your senses, accept the consequences..." :P I just have to laugh so hard because the lyrics fit SO WELL with some of the situations some of us have had ;)

And then, video #3 the final one came along....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P45E0uGVyeg&feature=relmfu

Like all of us "he's done being mad" "but there's a long line of people who tell me in emails everyday they need to change in a big way..."
Haha which i relate to "you say that you're changing and I hope you do because if you don't who'd fly with you" LOL.
I feel the same way as you know ;) change luggage to mermaid tails and you got my story anyway.

Anyway I thought given the nature of all the mer-drama you guys would get a big funny kick out of this... and remember... Canadians make kick ass music when you screw us over. <3

AniaR
07-27-2011, 12:20 AM
now all Im doing is listening to these songs and the songs from my other post LOL

Winged Mermaid
07-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Those are really catchy! Especially the first and 3rd ones. You're right, it really captures the same problems we'd have here and how things are now. Thanks for sharing!

AniaR
07-28-2011, 10:37 PM
yeh=ah I wasnt as big a fan of the second song. Is it bad I replaced "united" with another business name? bahaha.I dont like this kind of music but sons of maxwell did a good job because I still sing along

AniaR
07-29-2011, 07:00 PM
I had to re-write the lyrics for song #2 because they;re awesome

what did you mean when you said you were sorry?
Im a bit confused.
I think you owe us for your poor customer service
but you dont think you do

I found a girl to fix my tail for a couple of bucks
you just ignore it say it's my bad luck
You dont see a reason to make anything right
Oh tail maker did you really wanna fight?

if you'd just come to your senses
accept the consequences
of your poor choices and how you treat the community....
we could all be best buddies
though our relationship is muddy
By your attempts to silence everyone and me!

I sensed tone in your last couple emails
why was that the case?
we've got the questions and you've got the answers
but you dont want to face

You hate our reviews and our site
quoting us on facbook with all your might
oh tail maker we dont have to fight
once you admit we are right

if you'd just come to your senses
accept the consequences
of your poor choices and how you treat the community....
we could all be best buddies
though our relationship is muddy
By your attempts to silence everyone and me!