PDA

View Full Version : My first tail

Mermaid Cascada
06-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Hi everyone! :D I'm Kimmie and I'm new to the forum ^.^ I have never made a tail before but I am going to start gathering materials to make a latex one :D I was wondering if anyone had any good color schemes that would go good with caramel colored skin :D Also does anyone have any advice for me about latex tails? (Like how long they last whether to use Alex plus latex or not, and if not what kind to use) I would really appreciate it ;) How long did it take you to make your latex tail and how long did it take to gather the materials needed?

AniaR
06-18-2012, 06:23 PM
it';s different for everyone. Check out the many posts in the tail making forum :) people have documented their progress.

Also, welcome to the forum!

Bellasea
06-18-2012, 06:24 PM
I can't help you, sorry. But I will wish you luck! :D

-Also, where abouts are you in michigan? I'm muskegon area.

Nyx
06-18-2012, 07:00 PM
Depending on what type of caramel color you're talking about
(because a lot of things are caramel to me)
I would suggest golds, browns, oranges, reds, and the like.
And obviously there is always black and white which match with pretty much anything XD
I would go into a store where they sell paint and they hand out those little pieces of paper with the colors and compare them to my skin.
Free color samples to choose from! :D

Good luck! :)

Mermaid Marissa
06-19-2012, 11:04 AM
I'm caramel colored and my tail is a bunch of shades of blues with hints of gold on them. I suggest going to a big makeup store like in Macys or something and compare colors on your skin. That what I did and it gave me an idea of what colors blend well together and you get a better idea of iridescent paints as well. It is also good to look out for makeups you might use in the future if you choose to go pro. :) I wish you luck even though I have not made my own tail (I bought one) but I'm pretty good with paints and painting styles if you want to ask more questions.

Mermaid Cascada
06-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks for all you advice!!!! And thanks for welcoming to the forum :)
@ bellasea: I live in the lower peninsula (hope I spelled that right :p) of Michigan. I want to say near Detroit but it's not... lol :D Anyways thanks for all the advice everyone :)