PDA

View Full Version : Cool under-water experiences

Nyx
06-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Even though my tail isn't done yet, I have been swimming with my monofin like crazy, and I have a tendency to try and do tricks or strange things while swimming.
Today I was practicing going across my public pool in one breath and suddenly decided to start spinning (sort of like a spinner dolphin),
and it was absolutely AWESOME. Specially because I had my eyes open and it looked amazing.

So that sparked my curiosity
Have any of you done something similar or any underwater tricks with your tail or monofin?
It would be awesome to try them out :D

Mermaasai
06-19-2012, 12:19 AM
I totally do that too! spin spin spin spin ^.^ I like to see how fast I can go/how long I can keep it up.

I almost fully breached once ^.^ I had just started swimming and wasn't all tired yet so I went to the bottom and gave it all I could to get as far out as I could and I got out to my knees.
Of course I probably looked derpy because I was so surprised that I just flopped back into the water and did NOT look graceful at all...

And once, when I was snorkeling around (ocean) admiring coral, I looked down and this little, maybe two and a half inch, black, with a little bright blue spot, ADORABLE fish was just chilling around my midsection and chest. He followed me every where for about an hour. Just hovering really close wherever I went. AUGH so cute.
I was sad to have to get out and leave him. (I know that wasn't a trick or anything but it was a really cool underwater experience!)

New York Mermaid
06-19-2012, 01:24 AM
i have my dolfin monofin its pretty good when you want to do some tricks because of the hard rubber, you can get some serious movement with it, I can do some "Mini bows" i also love to twirl and tail lob too, My fave is to swim circles around my husband, he says i need a dorsal fin cause i can sure as hell can imitate a shark..

Best experiences i've had was:

*Swimming with some bottlenose dolphins who decided to check out me and my dad when we were Snorkeling.

*Over here in Coney island i swam out past the breakers had a 5ft Sand tiger shark swim next to me for a few minutes, it was incredible to say the least. He (yep he was a boy..lol) was eyeing me the entire time.

*Had a Marlin whizz past me, while diving.. I almost pissed myself..lol

*First Dive Ever, in Isla Mujeres Mexico on my16th birthday, swam into a school of barracuda, it ..was..awesome!!!

**Over in Puerto Rico, I didint see it- but we sure as hell heard it, the calling humpback whale who was close (probably under us), cause that call was LOUD, you can feel the vibrations all over your body from the call.

But lol i could go on and on about experiences..but ill stop there..

Nyx
06-19-2012, 01:57 PM
@mermaasai Thats is awesomeee!
I wish I could do that, but my public pool only goes to 5 feet . . . I'm 5'6 o wo;;;
However I'm hoping I can try to do that one day.
And that is adorable >w<

@Lanai Oh niicee, I might be interested in getting one of those.
And go on if you want to! You've had some pretty amazing experiences, ugh I'm so jelly XD

Oh and now that I remember
One time I went swimming with (non-wild) dolphins
and while I was holding on to the wall waiting for the trainers to tell us what to do, one of the dolphins caught my eye and just floated there staring at me right into my eyes, and he/she started sort of floating towards me
I don't know much about dolphin behavior, but that was sort of . . . Odd but cool XD

Mermaid Lorelei
06-19-2012, 03:15 PM
I just recently took my rapid monofin to a new neighborhood pool and while I was there, I was nearly attacked by a mob of little girls. XD They kept swimming underwater with me and trying to swim the same way. It was adorable.

Nyx
06-19-2012, 03:43 PM
I just recently took my rapid monofin to a new neighborhood pool and while I was there, I was nearly attacked by a mob of little girls. XD They kept swimming underwater with me and trying to swim the same way. It was adorable.

Bdawwww, I've had a few kids ask me why I have a mermaid flipper in the pool XD