PDA

View Full Version : A hello, from Holland

Kitty-Madison Snel
06-19-2012, 12:00 AM
Hi, I'm Kitty-Madison, aka Kitty Mermaid. No, 'Madison' is not my nickname, but my real one... As a new member on this forum, I'm not new in the world of mermaids. Perhaps some of you know me from another forum, Yahoo Group of Facebook, or my old FreeMerfolk website.

Since 1984 - yes, the movie Splash - I followed my dream. After more than 27 years I'm a professional certificated freediver, and a real mermaid. I only dive with freedive-techniques, I never use scuba.

My first tail was a polyester copy of the famous tail from Splash, but later I desgined neoprene mermaidtails. I Use them for training and low-budget events. But also I have a WetTail from Thom Shouse - now almost 8 years old - which I use for professional performances and photoshoots.

I'm not only a mermaid, I also teach others to dive (not swim!) like a mermaid. Sometimes for only a day, a so called One Day Mermaid Experience ®, sometimes to become a professional mermaid diver. There is only one mermaid in Holland how did the Mermaid Academy ®, perhaps you know her: Vicky Mermaid.

The FreeMerfolk website is changed into a new one: www.kitty-madison.nl (http://www.kitty-madison.nl/) The site is in Dutch, using Blogspot, but don't worry: Google can translate it.

I hope that I will find new friends here...

Bubbles from the bottom of the Sea,

XX Kitty-Madison

P.S.: Yes, I know, English is not my best language, but I hope you understand me.

Spindrift
06-19-2012, 12:19 AM
Hello! Yes, I have heard of you! Honored to have you here. Welcome to the forum!

Azurin Luna
06-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Hiyo from a fellow Dutch mermaid :D

I've heard some rumours of other dutch mermaids but I never found them, but now I can meet them here :)

Nemefish
06-19-2012, 01:57 AM
WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY! ^_^ ITS AWESOME TO HAVE YOU WITH US! <3 :D

AniaR
06-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Ive heard of you too! Welcome to the forum! Your story is very inspiring! I have a splash inspired tail as well :)

Sea Pearl
06-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Welcome! Welcome :) Great to have you with us!

Nyx
06-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Welcome :)
Nice to meet you!

Mermaid Dottie
06-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Welcome, Kitty! Glad to have you on the site! maybe you can show us all a thing or 2 from your neck of the European woods. ^_^.
And I think your English is really well typed. Very few errors.

Kitty-Madison Snel
06-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Wow... :) Much thanks for your warm welcome!