PDA

View Full Version : falling down

Mermaid Bella
06-19-2012, 08:35 AM
so... after spending all of my money on fabric and planning everything so perfectly i have finally finished my tail and tried it on....and it delecately slides riiiiggghhttt down my butt... IT WONT STAY UPPPP!!!! how do i get past this?

there are a few other issues but if i can get past them if only it will stay up.

the fabric i used is a little thick so the tip of the fin (where the monofin finishes and its just fabric) fuffs up a little bit very much like Raina's first tail. the merballoon hhehehehe. im sure i can handstitch it flat or something. also there is alot of wrinkle on the bit between the leg and foot. i suppose you cant notice that when my toes are pointed... im yet to get in the water with it.

my main issue is the butt poking. if i make a belt will it make it loose or look strange and patchworky? will it still slide down if i swim in it?

heeellllpppp. how does everyone keep theirs on? just make it body glove tight or use elastic or something?

x_x

Spindrift
06-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Why don't you line the top with velcro so that you can tighten it around you?

Azurin Luna
06-19-2012, 08:52 AM
I use a cord to tighten the top of my mermaid tail. I made a tunnel in the edge of the neoprene tail and put a cord through it. It helps good and doesn't really show either.

Mermaid Bella
06-19-2012, 09:14 AM
a cord like in track pants? where you would usually put elastic?

it falls down the most at the back, i didnt take into account how huge my butt is hehe...

not gonna lie, i concidered suspenders for a moment there.

Nate Walis
06-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Suspenders on a tail would be original, you have to admit...

AniaR
06-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Hannah fraser built a belt INSIDE her tail! seems to work really well

Mermaid Bella
06-19-2012, 11:44 AM
well i decided to make an extention, and perhaps decorate it with a belt. so yeah, it worked, no more butt poking out but now a very sad seam along my stomach. my second tail will be taller i swear hehehe.... now im busting to get out to the pool.. too bad its 2*C outside....

MermaidHaru
06-19-2012, 03:24 PM
With all my fabric tails except for my new indigo one (It's really tight around the waist) I added elastic.

LittleTreasure
06-20-2012, 01:36 PM
I know you said you fixed it already, but maybe if it's that loose you need to go in on the sides and resew... Just take out the waistband seam if you have one, unfold it, then resew it closer to your waist on the sides. Then you can fold down your waistband and resew it, preferably with a bit of elastic in there for further support.

I recently had to take in my tail too, as my hips (I guess) had gotten a bit smaller. Good luck with the fit!