PDA

View Full Version : Hi; I'm here

ury949
06-19-2012, 04:46 PM
So, this is my introduction - I'm Egypt. I mostly do stuff with air and fire, but I love the water and swimming and got the idea to try being a mermaid about a year ago - I guess the interest started when I learned that there was even such a thing as a professional mermaid - at first I thought that's funny, but then it really made sense to me. The first mermaid I ever met was one of the nicest people I'd ever met - she was so friendly and letting everyone try out her tail. It's inspirational to me when people do what they love, and I always try to be inspirational to other people. I'm not really aspiring to make this a living, I just wanted to try it out and have fun with it.

Then I moved to Florida (from Philadelphia) and have met some delightful mermaids who live around here. I decided to join MerNetwork when I started researching making a latex tail. I'd never worked with latex before, so I asked the FX Warehouse some regular questions about latex - because they were selling lots of different types and I thought they could advise me what's the best to buy. I wasn't asking them "how do I do this???" just some product information - they were really closed-off to me and told me that their products were only for professionals and I should look elsewhere for my questions. So I did more research and saw that the people on this site were really open and informative in discussing mermaid tails - which I'm aware might be a little guarded so I was so happy that there's actually some friendly mermaids out there!

Making that first tail has been a great learning experience for me - I am so much a DIY kind of person; it's very hard for me to hand over a project to someone else - but I now truly understand the price tags on mermaid tails and would not hesitate to buy one from a professional. At the same time I'm so excited to use my tail this summer and maybe meet some other merfolk in the water.

So what do I like most about mermaids? All their varieties- they can be beautiful, dreamy, tricksters, seductive, ghost-like, god-like, useful, useless, slimy, scary, magnificent, mysterious; the undersea realm is as desirable as it is forbidden, and that kinda pushed my peddles if you get my drift.

See y'all around, Egypt

AniaR
06-19-2012, 05:44 PM
welcome to the forum

Nyx
06-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Welcome! :)

Bellasea
06-20-2012, 01:06 AM
Congradulations on making your first tail! So glad you decided to join the network! :D

Kitty-Madison Snel
06-20-2012, 01:15 AM
A very warm welcome from another newbe at this forum :)

Azurin Luna
06-20-2012, 03:01 AM
Welcome! :D