PDA

View Full Version : Custom tail...? (wasn't sure if this is the right area to post this. ) D:

Mermaid Karin
06-19-2012, 07:54 PM
I know this is probably stupid to say but.. Im really stumped on what tail to buy.. >> I love Mike Van Daal's and Raven's tails.. So im putting my money on them so to speak. xD Now.. Im kinda a picky person.. and a bit of a perfectionist (stupid OCD).. And I reeeaally want a realistic looking tail. Now, Raven's tails are superb. So beautiful. Very realistic, the fluke is too. But I dunno if she would be willing to do a semi translucent fluke, and the scales near the waist area to be translucent as well.. Ya know, to blend in with my skin. I don't know if it would be a good idea to paint it flesh tone because my skin is extremely white. Im talking friggin Edward Cullen here. LOL. :$ Also, I like Mike's tails because they look so pretty and colorful! :D And you get to pick the scale type/size. Some parts of the tails like, the fluke, extra fins, etc. look like they are made of jelly. Very Translucent, which I love *o* like one of those gummy worms after you licked it. LOL! But I don't really care for the fluke pattern D: like the lines on it if you get me..--> http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/196285_187103271326471_8374679_n.jpg (http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/196285_187103271326471_8374679_n.jpg) Idk. ;-; maybe Im being too picky.. I feel dumb. Lol.. Though Im not buying a tail at this moment, because Im going to England soon to visit a friend..So I plan on buying one when I come back or a few months after that. Also.. I really don't want to be an annoying/tough/bothersome customer. :< I dont wanna be in the way if its too much to ask for. D: Because I know they have lives and other things to do..so.. Yuh. I don't wanna be a burden.. <( ; . ; )>

Edit: Im not in a rush for a tail at all. I can wait a year or two if I have to. Also.. I don't know how to craft with silicone,latex, or anything else. I really don't want to make my own. >.< and besides, my parents wouldnt ever let me have a project like that in the house.. I just want the fluke to be semi translucent and the upper part of the tail (around the hips/bellybutton) to be translucent as well.. :eek:

AniaR
06-19-2012, 08:04 PM
But I dunno if she would be willing to do a semi translucent fluke, and the scales near the waist area to be translucent as well..

She did my waist translucent! and Im super white. lol.

Spindrift
06-19-2012, 08:14 PM
It takes a long time for a tail to be made anyway, and if you are dead set on ordering it might be better for you to do that before you leave, to shave off time. Although I am not sure if either of the two are accepting orders right now/if slots are open?

Honestly, if you don't care for MVD's fluke shape, then don't get MVD. He has done different fluke shapes though:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/396287_319115644791899_1026881470_n.jpg

As for Raven, you can always just ask her and get the answer straight from her. :|

Mermaid Karin
06-19-2012, 08:19 PM
She did my waist translucent! and Im super white. lol.
[/FONT][/SIZE]

Lol! Thats a plus! xD Do you think she does it with the flukes too?

Mermaid Karin
06-19-2012, 08:22 PM
It takes a long time for a tail to be made anyway, and if you are dead set on ordering it might be better for you to do that before you leave, to shave off time. Although I am not sure if either of the two are accepting orders right now/if slots are open?
Honestly, if you don't care for MVD's fluke shape, then don't get MVD. He has done different fluke shapes though:
As for Raven, you can always just ask her and get the answer straight from her. :|

If I buy it before I leave I wont have any money left. >.< Im in no rush for a tail anyway. Its not his fluke shape that I dont fully care for, I love the shapes. O: its just the lines on it. xD But even still.. I fancy his tails. @.@

Coradion
06-20-2012, 01:41 AM
Just make your own. Only way to have something as perfect as you want it is going to be to do it yourself. Why spend 2k on something you're only mostly happy with when you can spend less than 1k on something you made yourself and it'll probably take less time.

Spindrift
06-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Just make your own. Only way to have something as perfect as you want it is going to be to do it yourself. Why spend 2k on something you're only mostly happy with when you can spend less than 1k on something you made yourself and it'll probably take less time.

Mine definitely did not take less time lol.

Coradion
06-20-2012, 05:33 PM
If you're waiting for an MVD tail with over a year and a half wait it probably should take less time :P

MermanJesse
06-20-2012, 06:45 PM
*cough*mermaidcreations*cough*

:yay:

Mermaid Karin
06-20-2012, 08:32 PM

I dont know how to make anything. Besides.. Im pretty sure my parents wouldnt want me making a tail in the house. x.x I just want the fluke and the top bit of the tail to be translucent. everything else is perfect.

Mermaid Lorelei
06-20-2012, 08:45 PM
I'll be opening my own silicone tailmaking business soon and I'll be able to do both translucent sections. :>

Spindrift
06-20-2012, 10:21 PM
If you're waiting for an MVD tail with over a year and a half wait it probably should take less time :P

:( Four years and counting, lol. Although my main tail has gone through 4 major upgrades/look changes, so maybe it's not the same deal.

Mermaid Karin
06-20-2012, 11:08 PM
I'll be opening my own silicone tailmaking business soon and I'll be able to do both translucent sections. :>

Really? That would be amazing! :D Id check them out for sure! I hope the business goes well

Mermaid Lorelei
06-20-2012, 11:55 PM
I'll be sure to make it known here on the forum once I'm open. :> And thank you.

Coastal Mist
06-20-2012, 11:56 PM
Just out of curiosity o.0 does anybody know Where i can get some clear latex? And i was also wondering (im molding and casting my tails) if i have to paint in the latex at the color i want it if i want to to translucent.

Mermaid Karin
06-21-2012, 04:04 AM
Yayay! I can't wait to see! :D

Mermaid Karin
07-03-2012, 03:37 AM
Just out of curiosity o.0 does anybody know Where i can get some clear latex? And i was also wondering (im molding and casting my tails) if i have to paint in the latex at the color i want it if i want to to translucent.

Try Home Depot or Lowes. They have everything pretty much. xD