PDA

View Full Version : Coastal Mist, hello from the east coast

Coastal Mist
06-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Hello! i'm just searching the forum in my first month of joining, i love how people are glad to help with anyone and a question is never unanswered. I Am from the east coast in the U.S., and pretty much love mermaids. A year ago i began researching mermaids and actually just now starting making my latex tail. I'm super excited and just wanted to say hi. If you do reply, please say something about your tail, i am interested to know what people are doing, and the colors people are using. i think this website is such a great idea, i don't know why i didn't join earlier. Thanks so much! bye.

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
06-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Hey there, nice to meet another East Coast mer! I've not yet gotten a tail, but I'm thinking about white for my first color, or maybe turquoise.

Coastal Mist
06-19-2012, 10:03 PM
White is nice, its very unique, which i also love. Turquoise is more common, but also beautiful. I have a tail currently, but i am in the process of making a new, latex tail that is actually purple and yellow (color idea taken from the mertailor).

Merman Dan
06-19-2012, 10:51 PM
East Coast here, as well. As for my merman tail... oh, still cogitating ;)

halesloveswhales
06-19-2012, 11:37 PM
East Coast!!! I already love you! I'm currently in the middle of three tail projects -- two lycra tails and one neoprene (probably covered in blue and purple sequins). My lycra tails are turquoise and metallic blue. My neoprene tail is pretty much just me experimenting with some scrap neoprene from old wetsuits. My mom doesn't want to forfeit her sewing machine, so I'm doing it all by hand (Hooray for thimbles!). I'm hoping to get a sea green Mermaid Parties tail soon, too. Whichever of these tails I finish first will be my first tail. Haha. Tell us more about your tail!

Nyx
06-20-2012, 12:05 AM
East Coast as well!
I haven't made my tail yet, but it's going to be red and black and made out of fabric :)

Bellasea
06-20-2012, 12:44 AM
Glad you found us! My tail is a fabric sparkely purple, and as soon as my computer stops hating me I will put up pictures. :D

Coastal Mist
06-20-2012, 01:06 AM
My tail now is just a fabric tail, its purty though, green and blue, its neoprene that I had airbrushed. Its pretty, but i think i just want to to take it up a notch with a latex tail. I just fell in love with the silicone yellow and purple tail at the mertailor but was drawn away by the price and reviews. For my latex tail i want to use the process of molding and casting. I already have it all planned out and am ready to start. Im excited!

Sea Pearl
06-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Welcome Costal Mist :) Love your user name.