PDA

View Full Version : My video on the legends and myths of mermaids!

Lyrique
06-24-2012, 12:02 AM
I made this video last month. It is a brief history of the mermaid, and its roots in legends in mythology around the globe over the past 8000 years! I put this together for a final project in one of my college classes. I've yet to find any other videos about the legends and myths of mermaids, so I hope people enjoy this!! It's CRAZY how many stories there are out there. I had an 11min time limit though so I had to cut a TON out! Still, it's just awesome fun and fascinating! I compiled a TON of information I found, and then narrated it, put to music, and added video clips, and pictures. Some are my own, most are not.

Let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZGQqn30Bd0

Alveric
06-24-2012, 12:14 AM
Great. Better and more informative than what Animal Planet did.

Mermaid Lorelei
06-24-2012, 12:56 AM
Very well done. :>

MermaidParties
06-24-2012, 01:24 AM
It's fantastic! I'm showing everyone :D

Mermaid Annariea
06-24-2012, 02:32 AM
that was awesome, and very informative :D
now i feel like i never really knew anything about merfolk xD

Winged Mermaid
06-24-2012, 03:16 PM
You did a great job! The editing of all the media together flowed so well, and you did a wonderful job narrating. Very educational! I also loved seeing all the videos and pictures of merfolk we know from the community throughout the video.

Prince Calypso
06-24-2012, 11:05 PM
beautifully done and very well informed sweetheart.
you in less than a few mins reminded me why i fell in love with the beauty and majesty that mermaids convey
and great job with connecting Aphrodite with mermaids and the symbol of piecis
not many people know that

Lyrique
06-25-2012, 01:18 AM
Thanks so much you guys! Your feedback has been just wonderful to read!! I hate that I had to keep everything so abbreviated and exclude so much, but I guess it's better to be wanting more rather then wishing it were done! :)!! When I presented it to my classmates I was able to also bring in Twig's silicone tail. It was just kind of the icing on the cake to the presentation :-). The ages of all my classmates very from late 20s to early 50s! It was really great to have such a wide audience to present too!

I have to apologize for the cheese-fest ending. That would be called "it's 4 AM and I just want to be done so here's the end…!" Hah!! There're also some parts where the narrating gets really soft spoken. That would be because I was recording some of this in the wee hours of the morning and people were sleeping :)! Ah well!