PDA

View Full Version : Sea Semester: An Adventure Across an Ocean

lynsea
06-25-2012, 04:32 PM
Hey all,

I just thought I would let everyone know about the most amazing experience I just had as part of my semester abroad. I know there are a lot of younger people (younger than Uni age) and I really wanted to let them know about Sea Semester (www.sea.edu). I am in the process of finishing my semester with them and what a semester it was. Sea Semester consists of a shore and sea portion. You spend 6 weeks studying subjects related to whichever program you are doing and then the other 6 weeks sailing a 134 brigatine tall ship across either the Pacific or Atlantic Ocean doing some sort of marine biology research. My voyage sailed from St Croix, USVI, to Bermuda, then back to Woods Hole, MA where the program is based. If anyone out there who is interested in Marine Biology or the oceans in general is looking for something to do during University, seriously consider looking up this program. It was one of the most unique experiences of my life. Six weeks with no contact to the outside world, dolphins riding our bow, the most amazing sunrises/sunsets; it really is an impossible experience to describe.

Anyway, that's where I have been for a while and why I haven't posted!

AniaR
06-25-2012, 05:24 PM
really amazing stuff thanks for sharing

Spindrift
06-25-2012, 08:25 PM
Nice! I hear about that program all the time (and see all the posters/brochures for it in all the college noticeboards). Please let us know/pictures of your adventures!

deepblue
06-29-2012, 06:25 PM
I've heard of this program, and it does sound incredible. Good to read a review from someone who's actually been there!