PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a monofin?

Mermaid Cascada
06-26-2012, 12:38 PM
I need a mono fin to make my tail.. it's going to be similar to Hannah Fraser's tail but the the fluke will have a different design. I think I will be using a finis wave or rapid mono fin. The problem is the store is sold out...!!!!
Where can I get a mono fin and what kind would better suit me?
(I am five feet and my shoe size is size eight in women)

Spindrift
06-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Amazon.com
Swimoutlet.com
Ebay.com
A lot of scuba stores (use Google) - even scubastore.com has it.

From what I know, the Rapid is just a bigger size than the Wave and I think the Wave is for younger kids. I've only ever owned the Tempo though, but sold it to a mermaid on the forum last year.

Mermaid Cascada
06-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Thankyou sooo much!!! You are a life saver!!! :D :hail:

Mermaid Caidence
06-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Nowadays, it seems that the finis wave is sold out everywhere :(

Asaya Midnight Mermaid
06-26-2012, 02:23 PM
this place http://www.specialfins.com/eng_products.php?menu_id=14 they are cheaper to, and are custom made and he will also cut the fluke design for you saves on hassle and mess ups with cutting monofin im waiting for mine to arrive now

Winged Mermaid
06-26-2012, 03:13 PM
I've heard good things about Special Fins! Contemplating buying from them since Finis is always sold out now :/ AND Finis upped the price of the competitor by $20. Also just FYI if you buy directly from Finis and use mermaid20 at checkout you get 20% off.

People use the wave for tails just fine. I swam with it and it was more comforatable for me since it's the right size for my feet. People prefer the Rapid because it has a MUCH larger size, so a larger fluke, but it's meant for people with US shoe size 8-12 or women's 9-13.

Mermaid Cascada
06-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Thank you all. :D