PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Parties update on Colorado Wildfire and how Mermaid Parties is affected.

MermaidParties
06-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Ok, I don't want to alarm anyone but my town here in Colorado is under an evacuation notice. I think we're going to be ok and the only reason we'd have to evacuate is because of smoke inhalation danger. There is a massive fire that is about 9 miles from my home right now. The wind has picked up causing the fire to change directions and putting us under warning. I will keep everyone posted if we do get evacuated. Tail production is on hold if we do til further notice. Right now, we're ok.

Blondie
06-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Oh wow! That's scary. Be safe!

Raivynn
06-26-2012, 11:13 PM
I am keeping you in my thoughts!! Always scary. They are going to put a ban on fireworks here because we have severe drought conditions in many areas.

babsannee
06-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Be safe! Don't be afraid to evacuate when you can.

Mermaid Narina
06-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Hope everyones okay out there!

MermaidParties
06-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Thank you everyone!!! We're prepared to go if we need to. I will keep everyone posted the best I can if we do get evacuated.

LittleTreasure
06-27-2012, 12:10 AM
Good luck and stay vigilant! I hope everything stays ok with you guys.

MermanJV
06-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Sweetie... I would leave in the next 2 days if I were you. It's getting really bad, and I'm terrified bad things might happen. :( I have a bad feeling.... So for my own sanity, fleeeeeeee.

Cordelia
06-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Watery mojo splashing your way! Good luck and stay safe. :D

MermaidParties
06-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Thank you guys! We're still under an evacuation warning. The winds have picked up because we're now having thunderstorms but the rain should help as long as the wind doesn't blow too hard against the fire fighters trying to stop the fire. As soon as anything changes I will let everyone know. I'm still working, we're ready to go if we need to but I'm trying to get as much done in the meantime that I can. Thanks everyone for your well wishes!!!!

malinghi
06-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Please stay safe.

Prince Calypso
06-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Be safe girl. your in our thoughts and prayers

Sea Pearl
06-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks for keeping us updated Stephanie! These fires are starting to get scary now :( I could see the smoke of the boulder fire from my apartment the other day. Stay safe out there and do not hesitate to evacuate if need be. Praying for you that it will not come to that.

Mermaid Caidence
06-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Stay Safe! I'ts really shocking for me to hear about all these fires considering I lived there a couple years ago. The fire is only a couple of miles away from where I lived. One of the places I ate at, it was like a western themed place and it had live music and gift shops, has been burned down. :(

MermaidParties
06-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Thank you everyone!!! GOOD NEWS! The fire is at 15% containment and they think that can have it 100% contained by the end of the weekend! I think we're going to be ok! Unfortunately over 300 homes were lost and one life was tragically taken :( But we've had an amazing community step up and take action. I'm proud to live here! Thanks everyone for your well wishes! Back to work now :D :D :D TONS of pictures coming soon!

malinghi
06-29-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm glad to see you're optimistic, but 15% doesn't seem very high. Is that the percent of the fire's perimeter that's blocked by a fireline to prevent spreading? I'll feel much better when its fully contained.