PDA

View Full Version : Etsy Shop

babsannee
06-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Hey guys! Just thought I'd let you know that my etsy shop, Babioles Amusantes, is now up and running! I don't have very much stuff on it, but still, check it out!
I'm using this for two things:
1. To keep my mind off my recovering from my major jaw surgery. It gets frustrating having the same chocolate protein shake for every meal.

2. Raise money for either a new tail/MermaidParties top, or money to fix my current tail (taken in, paint, etc.) and a Mermaid Parties top.

It's not very expensive, and I would love the help! Even just constructive criticism would be great. :)

green52
06-30-2012, 03:42 PM
Good stuff. I wish you much luck.

babsannee
06-30-2012, 03:42 PM
thanks!

Ayla of Duluth
07-01-2012, 12:27 AM
20 bucks for a metal bracelet with a bead on it? I don't mean to be negative, but isn't that a bit on the pricy side? then again, i really don't know what things like this usually go for on the internet.

Mermaid Marissa
07-01-2012, 01:06 AM
Mermaid Parties makes tops? I didn't know Stephanie did that now :p

Sephina
07-01-2012, 11:37 AM
My only criticism is that your shipping prices seem to be very very high. You should really give people a cheaper option otherwise I don't think things will sell very well.

deepblue
07-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Not entirely off topic: I did a search for a thread where everyone might link to their Etsy shop, but I only found a lot of separate threads. If anyone knows if there's a thread for just etsy shop links, do tell.

babsannee
07-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Ok! Lower the prices. I was trying to do normal? But honestly, they aren't worth that much, it sounds crazy, but I'm actually glad to lower it. I don't feel as much like I'm ripping people off.

EDIT: Done! I just basically halved all the prices. a little more on some, a little less on some. If there's any one that you think is still pricey, let me know. :)))

deepblue
07-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Have you thought about using a basic formula for pricing? That way neither you or the customer is being ripped off. I see so many talented artists who charge too little for their items. But when my sisters make things and sell on etsy (in the past) they used this basic formula.

http://www.whatthecraft.com/arts/pricing.htm

Rather than quote the whole page, I'll just put the link. But basically, it's price of materials, and $10/hr for labor, and add your profit. The site mentions $5.

Just an FYI. :)