PDA

View Full Version : Caroline in Charleston Magazine

CarolineTheMermaid
06-30-2012, 08:38 PM
Earlier this yea, I was lucky enough to be asked to write an article about my life as a professional mermaid for the College of Charleston's tri-annual magazine. It finally went into print this month and I got my copy in the mail a few days ago! :)

I'm glad I was able to write the article myself cause it really made me think about how far I've come since I made my first little fabric tail back in 2009! The photo shoot for the article was also a lot of fun to do. We expected a simple hour long shoot once we got set up... we were there for four hours and having a blast! I even go to make some children's dreams come true for a moment. I posted some of pictures from the shoot in my Mermaiding album.

Anyway, I wanted to share it with you all. It's available to read online here: http://magazine.cofc.edu/2012/06/12/caroline_simmel/

I'd love to hear what you guys think of it! :)

babsannee
06-30-2012, 09:18 PM
SO COOL! OMG If i were you i'd buy a million copies of that.

AniaR
06-30-2012, 09:46 PM
congrats

Merman Ray
07-01-2012, 12:09 AM
It would be nice if we could get a copy, I know I would if I knew how to get one.

CarolineTheMermaid
07-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Unfortunately, it's only available to students and graduates of College of Charleston so it can't be bought anywhere. :/ The editor sent me lots of copies though so I could have them for my press kit and to give out to family.

Mermaid Sirena
07-05-2012, 10:40 AM
That's wonderful!