PDA

View Full Version : Dieing for my tail. Literally.

Jinx
07-07-2012, 07:12 PM
I was sitting on the living room a few minutes ago. A hugestorm started brewing. I remembered my plans and some materials for my tail were out on the porch. I ran outside to gather them andbring them in when I realized they had already started flying away. I ran around getting the foam, drill, lexan, and plans. I looked around and saw my main design sheet wasblowing away into the neighbor's yard. I ran out after them I stompped my foot down on them to keep them from blowing any farther away as it began to near the 100 foot pine tree. I reached down grabbed them and started running to my house. Only a moment later I heard a huge crack snap! Lightening hit the tree and it starrted to fall right whre I was just sstanding only a second before. I turned on my toes as the biggest branches landed only feet from them. My heart pounded as I realized I almost died for my tail. So has anyone else had any interesting close calls for their mer-selves?

Mermaid Caidence
07-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Woah. :eek: So glad your safe. :) I haven't had any close calls like that, fortunetly.

Mermaid Saphira
07-07-2012, 07:18 PM
Sounds like it's out of a movie X_x No close calls like that! Good to hear your safe!

green52
07-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Thats crazy bad-ass.

Probably not smart, but BAD. ASS.

Blondie
07-07-2012, 11:54 PM
Whoa what?!?!

That's insane! I'm glad you're okay!

Merman Dan
07-07-2012, 11:57 PM
You need to search your local new age stores for some fulgurite (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fulgurite) (lightning glass).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/Fulgsdcr.jpg

Jinx
07-08-2012, 12:55 AM
It was just windy before the lightening hit the tree. So I wasnt expecting it. Wasn't about being smart just about keeping my junk from going into other people's yard. It seems to happen all the time. Last thing I wanted was for that to be lost. My neighborhood knows I'm weird but how I plan my oddity is none of their business. Except for the ones that let me use their pool to try stuff out. Lol.

Lyna
07-11-2012, 02:29 AM
thats dedication right there..

Jinx
07-26-2012, 12:58 AM
thats dedication right there..
on topp of that. i got stitches monday before last when i cut deeply into my left hand which is my dominint hand while woorking on removing things i did to my fluke that i changed my mind on. then sculpting my revised fluke i over used my right hand that is weak to start with and i ended up getting a stress fracture this monday.

i live up to my name don't i?

Lyna
07-26-2012, 10:49 AM
i saw that in the other post. you're crazy! ooh! and i just noticed you're in my pod. are you coming to the next coney island/going away me meetup on aug 25th?

Jinx
07-26-2012, 01:03 PM
i saw that in the other post. you're crazy! ooh! and i just noticed you're in my pod. are you coming to the next coney island/going away me meetup on aug 25th?
not so much crazy just extreamly klutzy and i have bad luck. unfortunately i can't make coney island this time. i am not allowed to drive till the fracture starts to get better and the stitches come out. the stitches come out on monday just in time for me to miss coney island. but i will be in java and niagra falls region of ny from august 19th to the 24th. i hope i havemy tail done by then. fins crossed and knocking on the side of a pirate ship!