PDA

View Full Version : Sea Calling.

Merman Craig (Delphinar)
07-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Whenever you walk, gave upon, or swim in the sea, do you feel like it's calling to you? Do you feel like the sea is your true home, and it wants you to come back to it?

Merman Dan
07-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Absolutely. I am a landlocked Citizen of the Ocean.

Whenever we go on vacation to the beach (heading to Topsail Beach, NC in 4 weeks or so), the constant sound of the surf permeates my soul. When we leave, the air seems so... silent.

Mind you, I have been running undersea RPGs for over a decade, have two sea critter tattoos (#3 is planned for November), keep saltwater aquariums, and constantly check for seaworthy news at discovery, natgeo, underwatertimes, deepseanews, and the like.

New York Mermaid
07-07-2012, 11:21 PM
I live about 15 min by car from the ocean, I have those moment when i feel like im being called into it, and there are times when we're driving by, my husband tells me i look like a sad puppy staring out the window looking at the ocean.

when im in the water im happiest it feel at ease, i remember spending 2 hours just sitting in two feet of water in a lagoon just feeling the waves and taking in the smell of it. I know i belong there.

lasserine
07-08-2012, 12:05 AM
all the time.

Aquatarian
07-08-2012, 01:01 AM
Big time. I get cravings even sometimes, just to be near the ocean. Being landlocked sucks sooo bad. Sometimes if I can't go for a swim I'll take a salty bath in the dark and listen to special playlist that reminds me of the ocean.

spottedcatfish
07-08-2012, 03:27 AM
I have never really been landlocked. I have almost always been within a reasonable driving distance from the beach, or a large body of water. I feel like I may be taking these ease of access to a beach for granted, and if I wasn't in a reasonable proximity to the ocean, I may have a stronger urge and need to go to the ocean more. But for now, sometimes I get the urge that I need to go to the beach... it also happens all year round. Including winter time. I still have to go to the beach sometime this summer.

Thalassa
07-08-2012, 12:13 PM
I wish! I live in a desert any my family rarely gets the chance to visit the ocean (like, once ever 5-10 years). I feel yearning to be in the water, in a bath or the pool...I feel so heavy without water buoyancy...and I love humidity when we get it. But the ocean feels like a stranger to me. This sounds horrible as a mermaid, but the seaweed wrapping around my ankles, the sharp rocks and thought of all the dangerous stuff in the ocean (since I don't know what to watch out for)...right now I don't like the ocean. I think I could learn to love the ocean if I just had a chance to get to know it.

Nyx
07-08-2012, 12:43 PM
You got it!
It's almost magnetic . . .

Mermaid Summer
07-09-2012, 12:50 AM
So much. I have been dying to go to the beach, when I went to florida I couldn't go but was about a hour ago. It killed me.

LittleTreasure
07-09-2012, 01:20 AM
I do feel that way. It just feels so wonderful being in water - a pool is okay, a lake is really nice, but the ocean...really does call! Haha.

I would play this little game of mine as a kid when I lived in Florida... we'd go to the beach and I'd always go up to the waves and stand there, and ask/challenge the water to take me in. Like I was speaking to a real entity ...Yeah, I was a weird kid! It really feels like the ocean is a living thing though, doesn't it? And I miss going to the beach so badly...I wish I could live there again sometimes...