PDA

View Full Version : Face paint?

Firemaid
07-11-2012, 05:44 PM
Can anyone recommend a water proof-ish paint I can use to paint faces at a pool party birthday?

Mermaid Saphira
07-11-2012, 05:45 PM
You could always mix eye-shadow and petroleum jelly to create waterproof make up :)

Firemaid
07-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Thats a great Idea for me!, but the kids are 4-6 they are gonna want spiderman, a kitty, and butterflies. I need paint paint...

Mermaid Saphira
07-11-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm sure it would still work to make spiderman and what not

AniaR
07-11-2012, 07:43 PM
I actually dont like the petroleum jelly idea, it's messy, many people have skin reactions to it, and not eco friendly. I would use regular face paint and then buy an underwater sealer, at costume stores you can get spray ones to spray all over a face. Either way though, isnt it possible to leave the face painting til the end? Even NOT being in water kids smear that stuff off

Mermaid Saphira
07-11-2012, 07:52 PM
I actually dont like the petroleum jelly idea, it's messy, many people have skin reactions to it, and not eco friendly. I would use regular face paint and then buy an underwater sealer, at costume stores you can get spray ones to spray all over a face. Either way though, isnt it possible to leave the face painting til the end? Even NOT being in water kids smear that stuff off

I never thought about that, my apologize :(

AniaR
07-11-2012, 08:05 PM
dont apologize, it's just my opinion <3

Firemaid
07-11-2012, 09:37 PM
Im tempted to just use acrylics...

Mermaid Photine
07-12-2012, 12:10 AM
I don't recomend acyrlics! They itch like MAD. We tried it at camp. Most of the campers ended up picking it off because it bothered them. Also, people had reactions to the metallic paint; I think it was Crayola brand.

What about cold cream and food coloring?

Azurin Luna
07-12-2012, 01:52 AM
I wouldn't recommend food coloring, blue is a very annoying color to get of your skin, and I don't think they want to walk around with a blue face all the time. Blue works more like a henna tattoo, and red, from my own experiance stays on for 2 days, even soap didn't get it off my hands.

Firemaid
07-14-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm using cheap non toxic acrylics. I did a test yesterday and it was great! I have a water based cream face paint for large areas if I have to do full face. The acrylics are good for line work. Thanks for the input!

MermaidMisty
07-14-2012, 05:55 PM
Even though it says non-toxic, acrylic paint is NOT SAFE, I repeat, NOT SAFE for face paint! They often contain Formaldehyde, which is okay when you get a little bit on your hands, but it is a POISON that is easily absorbed through the skin, and it is NOT SAFE when specifically painting the skin! Furthermore, even if it isn't listed on the bottle, it may still be included, as listing it is not a requirement if the amount is under 1%. Furthermore, non-toxic acrylic paint is NOT FDA APPROVED. You can read more here: http://paintertainment.blogspot.com/2011/10/paintertainment-faq-is-any-non-toxic.html
But the bottom line is, DO NOT PAINT THE CHILDREN'S FACES WITH POISON.

Firemaid
07-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks for all the input guys!

Mermaid Saphira
12-23-2012, 07:33 PM
so did we ever find something that would work?

Mermaid Melanie
12-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Using an alcohol based facepaint such as tempt, EBA

Tattoo inks also are waterproof generally ( better on the body than face )